What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A perfect cure every time

dodo5678

I started a clone in late spring for the thread, but things came up and I never got around to it. ATM, I have a backup Chronic clone in the garden that would be perfect for this. It was transplanted over the weekend and it most likely needs 7-10 days before it can be LST'd. Then, it's ~2 weeks of veg before pruning and flowering. I'll take pics along the way and start a thread in about a month.

Simon

:woohoo:

:good:
-dodo :joint:

Chem&M

I read of folk using hygrometers while curing 'crazy' in my eyes coz i dry for a week to 10days usually snap dry then in2 jars which i open twice daily 2let unwanted vapours & odours out ,10-15mins then tighten lid 4another 12hrs ,i usually make it morning & night & in a wk or 2 u'll have primo bud ready 4 consumption,u can experiment i.e 4&5wks or longer till u find u'r desired smoke,well worth a try!!!

Dude, this isn't a text message. Write like an adult. :wave:

Chem&M

I agree with Kobi... would LOVE to see a thread on Pruning and Training.

DO you have to be a mod or anything like that to make a thread like this? I have plants in several stages of training and would be more than happy to start one. Out of every other part of the grow process, this seems to be my calling it seems, which I didn't expect, but welcome. I generally average at least a 1/4 lb. per 3 ft. tall plant using a combination of FIM/LST/Topping techniques. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'd just love to help or start a thread if you are really serious.

Also, in an effort to stay somewhat on topic, I ALWAYS use my Caliber Hygrometers after reading this thread. I was a bit sketchy before I used 'em. Thanks Simon.

gdbud

Chem, No you do not have to be a mod. anyone can make a thread like this.
All you have to do is go into Forurm find the appropriate category and subcategory for you thread and click on New Thread.

Now go make a new thread and show this community your FIM/LST/Topping techniques.

barth

Curing a harvest is like a cooking a medium rare steak.
Some people think that is has been over or under cooked.
Medium rare = (55 °C [130 °F] core temperature) The steak will have a fully red, warm center.

vender

I harvested and hung them to dry for three days. The temp was in the 70's and RH was at 55%. The buds did not fully snap but I moved them into a jar anyway. Now the RH in the jar will not go any higher than 51%. What did I do wrong. I dont get it, they were not dry when I moved them into the jars. I was thinking the RH would be in the 60's?? What happened. Should I skip the hanging and just place the buds in the jars?

vender

They have been in the jar for 5 days now and the RH is stuck at 51%. I was thinking maybe my hygrometer is broke??? I will get a new one to make sure its not broke. But also I am seeing no condensation in the jars. Thanks

Chem&M

Chem, No you do not have to be a mod. anyone can make a thread like this.
All you have to do is go into Forurm find the appropriate category and subcategory for you thread and click on New Thread.

Now go make a new thread and show this community your FIM/LST/Topping techniques.

Cool. I'll get it up in the next day.

They have been in the jar for 5 days now and the RH is stuck at 51%. I was thinking maybe my hygrometer is broke??? I will get a new one to make sure its not broke. But also I am seeing no condensation in the jars. Thanks

What are the jar temps? Remember that RH is relative and the higher your temps, the lower the RH will be with the same amount of moisture in the air.

Hopefully all is well a new hygrometer will show a different value.

vender

Its a Uniden outdoor temp / hygrometer. I just placed the unit in the jar and can read it remotely from my phone. It's 76 degrees and 52% RH. It moved up, wow. I opened the jar for a minute to make sure no mold. Do you think I should open the jar? Also I have the jar filled to the top. Its a gallon glass jar. I was told to pack it in the jar to the top so it would remove more air???.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
open the jar only if the humidity outside the jar is higher than inside. also, your current hygrometer may be a few points off. i have two calibers, and they both read the same. a cheapo walmart one is up to 35% off from the calibers. its possible the jars are perfect, but i'm guessing the hygrometer is off. if the stems dont snap after 5 days in jars, they are not at 52% in the jar, IME. also, i find 2 or 3 days in a shoebox, etc.... in between hanging and jars really benifets the process

THC123

Veteran
indeed you REALLY need a caliber

i thought i found a good alternative , bought 5 pieces , but only 2 read the same , the other differ 5-even 10%

so without a caliber you're driving blind cuz that is what the reading are based on

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
LST_009s.jpg

A shot of the LST'd Chronic clone. I tied it this morning, so we should be ready to go in ~2-3 weeks. I also took some pics of the tying process, itself, and will post them in the upcoming thread in case anyone is interested.

Simon

vender

indeed you REALLY need a caliber

i thought i found a good alternative , bought 5 pieces , but only 2 read the same , the other differ 5-even 10%

so without a caliber you're driving blind cuz that is what the reading are based on
It is actually a very good instrument. It's a pretty good Uniden unit. I swear the stems did not snap at all, just bent and the jar is stuck at 51%.

SO I..
1. hung for three days in a controlled box. 75degrees 55% RH. Fans blowing.
2. trimmed off buds into glass jar.
3. RH is at 51% and not moving. 75-85 degrees

I thought I was WAYYYY to early on taking them down from drying, I was afraid of ruining it.

I tried some and it smoked smooth very. Tasted weak when lite. Great creep. Smell decent (getting there)...

Just keep it closed?

koyote

Also I have the jar filled to the top. Its a gallon glass jar. I was told to pack it in the jar to the top so it would remove more air???.[/quote]

Does anyone agree with packing jars to the top? I always left about a 1/4 of the jar or about an 1 1/2" from the top of the jar empty. I just got my caliberIII and it reads at the same temps as my other 3 hygrometers but the rh is all over the place.Im assuming the new caliberIII is right on this meaning my whole grow iv been off up to 10% on the RH!Glad i found this thread:clock watch:

THC123

Veteran
It is actually a very good instrument. It's a pretty good Uniden unit. I swear the stems did not snap at all, just bent and the jar is stuck at 51%.

yeah i am not saying it is a bad unit , but simon's method is based on the reading from the caliber meter

so it could be that your meter says 51 and the caliber says 65

Latest posts

Latest posts