What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A perfect cure every time

S

Sirus

Just wanted to give much deserved props for this thread. :tiphat: I followed your guidlines and my first cure was very successful! :dance013:

Keep in mind I had to chop 20 days early due to mold issues but I managed to get some decent smoke outta it. :joint: :ying:

Chocolope - 6w Cure

picture.php

LA Woman - 6w Cure

picture.php

Blue Cheese - 6w Cure~defitinly my fav outta the lot

picture.php

Just wanted to give much deserved props for this thread. :tiphat: I followed your guidlines and my first cure was very successful! :dance013:

Keep in mind I had to chop 20 days early due to mold issues but I managed to get some decent smoke outta it. :joint: :ying:

Chocolope - 6w Cure

picture.php

LA Woman - 6w Cure

picture.php

Blue Cheese - 6w Cure~defitinly my fav outta the lot

picture.php

That's 20 days early? Nice work, and great pics!

iS

C

Casual

Just another Kudos to Simon. I have six 1/2 gallon Mason jars filled with White Widow from my first grow. I have three Caliber Hygrometers that I flipped around between the jars every day or two, and throughout a week or so of doing this, got all the jars stable between 62%-65% humidity. They been sealed now for a little over a week in a closet.
I took a jar out last night, and man, the smell is a comin'!!
Smells SO much better than it did a week ago.
I'm going to sit on this for another couple of weeks, then bag it up.
Simon, I can't thank you enough for this thread. I'd gotten most of the other principles down, but was absolutely clueless about drying/during properly. This method is fantastic!

Caz

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
You guys are going to give me a big head. I really appreciate the kind words.

Sirus, what does LA Woman smoke like? How potent is it? I'm kind of interested in the strain. I heard the yield is very good.

Simon

S

Sirus

That's 20 days early? Nice work, and great pics!

iS

Thank you for the good words. :tiphat: This was my first grow around and I did my homework, still made a bunch of newbie mistakes though! ;) My ladies got the big ugly axe on 46th day of 12/12, if I remember correctly. I would have liked to have taken them down 60-65 days.

You guys are going to give me a big head. I really appreciate the kind words.

Sirus, what does LA Woman smoke like? How potent is it? I'm kind of interested in the strain. I heard the yield is very good.

Simon

Respect is defitinly deserved bro! :) This newbie followed your direction and ended up with a very successful cure! :dance013: I hung my dead ladies in a cardboard box for about 5 days, stems were not snapping at this point. I manicured them and put them in their glass jars. The rh was super high (80%+), so off to paper bags they went, rechecking their glass jar rh daily, this went on for about 4 days. This was a little bit of work, and I know I could have left them up another day or two prolly, but it was very nice lowering the rh into the cure zone vs. trying to raise rh.

LA Woman defitinly got better over time, keep in mind trichs were mainly clear when I cut her down. High was still very stoney considering. I would describe the taste as "sweet-earthy", smooth going down after a couple weeks in the jar. Yield was decent as well considering, but I did not get a final weight. Check the last page of my first journal, there are some pics of her before chop.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
so ive done 2 LaWoman grows, in the middle of a third.
the first was from seed, vegged 80 days 20 gal smart pot, topped at 8th node, then topped each branch twice. under 4x4 scrog w 400hps+600hps. about 100 7 gram colas. 17 oz (.67gpw)
the second was 5 plants vegged for 2 weeks 5 gal smart pots, topped at 7th node,filled up the 4x4 tent, veg and flower under 600hps. 3.5-4.5 oz per plant. 17 oz total. (.79gpw)
the third grow i put 32 clones in 1/2 gal bags under 600hps. no veg, straight to flower. today is day 17 of flower, and from 4" clones they are now 18" future master colas. SOG is the way w the LaWoman, i i'll hit 1gpw this run.
hope all that helps simon, and thanks for this thread. the caliber really simplifies my curing method.

A

alien12

Ive been growing for years, for me curing has been very hit and miss, I got myself a little digital hygrometer and followed Simons guide at the begining of this thread, I now got some exquisite bud with great aroma. Very good advice.

Ive been growing for years, for me curing has been very hit and miss, I got myself a little digital hygrometer and followed Simons guide at the begining of this thread, I now got some exquisite bud with great aroma. Very good advice.

Ditto!!!!!! me too.

I read this 6 months ago and have just used this method and have to give Simon some Thank-Yous cause this works as describded....A PERFECT cure everytime!

thanks !!!!

now its time to go back to ebay for a couple more. Actually they are handy for the temp and rh while growing.

:bump::bump::bump:

:thank you::thank you:

:laughing:

:tiphat:

mefistyou

I was wondering about your thoughts on these.

http://www.oxo.com/p-436-pop-container-square-55-quart.aspx

"The OXO Good Grips POP Containers are airtight, stackable and space-efficient, making it easy to keep your dry foods fresh and your kitchen organized. The Containers have a unique push-button mechanism that creates an airtight seal with just one touch. The button also serves as a handle to lift off the lid. The Containers are designed for modular stacking so that you can efficiently organize your countertop and pantry. In addition, with their square and rectangular shapes, the POP Containers make the most of any storage space, while their corners allow for easy pouring. The POP Containers are available in 12 different sizes to meet your dry food storage needs. They are also great for use in the garage, sewing room, play room and more; in fact, the Containers can be used in so many places that you’ll want them POPping up everywhere. The lid comes apart for thorough cleaning. All POP Containers are BPA-free."

I like the fact that I could get a few different sizes, and that they stack together....of course that does me no good if they wont work lol

and thanks for a great, instructional thread. Ive learned a bunch and am in the process of my first "perfect cure".

for those of you using larger size mason jars, where are you getting them? I think half-gallon wide mouth jars seem about right for my use, but am totally open to suggestions.

thanks!

barth

Hey InducedSerenity,

I know i dont contribute to this thread much. Howerver i do use this method exclusivly for curing. What i do for bigger jars is purchase the 1 gallon cracker jars from walmart.

What i so is get the humidity in the 1 gallon jar above 55% and below 65%. I then leave it for a month in the large jar.

I will then move the buds that i have cured for about a month into smaller jars packe more tightly. This frees up the large jars for my perpetual harvests.

Here is what i use.

They come in three sizes.

32-oz. jar unknown never purchased.
2-qt. jar $3.95
1-gallon jar $4.95

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
^^^ I use some of those, too. The 1gal has a very wide mouth - very convenient - and it doesn't weigh much allowing for easy handling. The 2qt is perfect for a ~2oz test plant.

32-oz. jar unknown never purchased.
2-qt. jar $3.95
1-gallon jar $4.95

Here's one of the reasons I love this place. Where else can I talk to folks who consider a 32oz jar a little small for curing Cannabis? I've posted on other forums where I was accused of bragging (!), when discussing my constraints as a grower. Here, I feel at home.

Simon

barth

Here's one of the reasons I love this place. Where else can I talk to folks who consider a 32oz jar a little small for curing Cannabis? I've posted on other forums where I was accused of bragging (!), when discussing my constraints as a grower. Here, I feel at home.

Simon

I feel at home too. ;-)

sire

Hey all! Simon im wondering (and this is for anyone else) when u caculate the time on curing do u include the timing of hang drying (4-6 days) and the 2 or 3 days u put them in a paper bag? into the 4-6 weeks of sealing? and when do u use the vacum?

G

good drown

Thanks for the input, guys! I'll check out the walmart jars, and Ty is right on the money - check these out:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2841638

6 pack of 1/2 gal wide mouth jars - $10.50 shipped to local store! What a deal, thanks!

Simon - 32 oz? what would a little jar like that be used for :confused:. Just kidding, micro guys!

iS
thanks induced, i've been looking for big jars like those for a while. closest i found was over $10 each!
SERENITY NOW!