What's new

A perfect cure every time

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hey all! Simon im wondering (and this is for anyone else) when u caculate the time on curing do u include the timing of hang drying (4-6 days) and the 2 or 3 days u put them in a paper bag? into the 4-6 weeks of sealing? and when do u use the vacum?

When I discuss cure time, it starts after the product goes into the jars. This being said, the time itself isn't a terribly relevant constraint, given the number of variables. One strain can can take a month of curing to reach a certain point, while another can take significantly longer to a hit a subjectively similar level. Personally, I don't use paper bags at all, though I have in the past. The process is described in the first post: dry the product as usual and take it down right before the stems snap. Then jar it with a Caliber and watch the readings. Easy peasy. Good luck.

Simon

G

good drown

sorry about that ty, thank you very much! i got 23 boxes and im going tomorrow to get 17 more at a one across town:tiphat:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
hey wsup dudes/dudets. I was thinking of going to the beach for 2 nights and its only 3-4 hours away from my city.

So can my plants in the coco stay wet longenough to stay alive tor thouse 2 days/nights?

and they r in 4.39 L of coco.

I was think I could water them with a full gallon of water food mix. and was hoping it would keep em wet/fed while Im gone.

cuz if they die I would be really hart broken.

:thank you:for this thread.

Lack

hey wsup dudes/dudets. I was thinking of going to the beach for 2 nights and its only 3-4 hours away from my city.

So can my plants in the coco stay wet longenough to stay alive tor thouse 2 days/nights?

and they r in 4.39 L of coco.

I was think I could water them with a full gallon of water food mix. and was hoping it would keep em wet/fed while Im gone.

cuz if they die I would be really hart broken.

:thank you:for this thread.

Sure man, I water mine every two to three days and they're in coco hempy buckets, ie. the res gets used up rather fast as they're in mid-late bloom. Even if yours do get a bit dry, it's ok, cannabis can deal. Long as you're back on that third day you should be fine. Have fun at the beach, I'm there daily.
:shark:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Sure man, I water mine every two to three days and they're in coco hempy buckets, ie. the res gets used up rather fast as they're in mid-late bloom. Even if yours do get a bit dry, it's ok, cannabis can deal. Long as you're back on that third day you should be fine. Have fun at the beach, I'm there daily.
:shark:

Where do you put the hygrometer? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

Simon

Lack

Where do you put the hygrometer? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

Simon

lol no doubt man, way off topic, sorry had to answer the guy! :)

On topic, I love the method and am currently looking for a hygrometer or three online. Been doing the jar thing for years, but sometimes some jars are better than others and it's all the same stuff. Gotta try this hygrometer method. Thx for posting it! :wave:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
oooooooops I just now realized that I posted my question in the wrong thread.
I musta been super dooper buzzed when I put it on this thread.:D

thx for D answer anyway.:D

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
lol no doubt man, way off topic, sorry had to answer the guy! :)

Don't get me wrong, I love how folks ask questions about other aspects of cultivation and receive relevant answers. I think it's great. Thank you for helping another grower.

Simon

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
gotta a Q, since i too have gone down the wrong way on the road to a proper cure myself.

ive since moved my operation into a smaller cab and have a thermometer/hygrometer combo, BUT it has a probe on one end and a about 7-10' of cord. reason being it was designed to be as remote as possible and to be outside. i figured it would be durable.

i would like to use it but it would mean that whatever storage container i use, i wont be able to seal it tightly hence the cord running from the probe to the actual hygrometer/thermometer.

can i still get proper/descent results using this type of monitor

i wanted to read through all 49 pages but wasnt able to

I have just finished reading this entire thread over the past several hours with many :joint: and am very excited:jump: :party:

Past cures have been hit and miss with a lack of consistency and quality. :dunno:

As to all the kudos you are receiving giving you a big head Simon, highly unlikely.....although...

....This is a revolutionary idea, maddeninlgly simple and very much needed. I am also happy because today was harvest day!, and I get to try it out straight away!! (will use standard hygrometer if I cant get small ones in time)

thread contribution: Approximately 20 people in this thread have tried Simon's curing method all with good results if instructions followed. approximately 100-200 people have lauded much deserved praise upon him.

ah.....will let you all know how the cure works out using Simon's method...:jump:

gotta a Q, since i too have gone down the wrong way on the road to a proper cure myself.

ive since moved my operation into a smaller cab and have a thermometer/hygrometer combo, BUT it has a probe on one end and a about 7-10' of cord. reason being it was designed to be as remote as possible and to be outside. i figured it would be durable.

i would like to use it but it would mean that whatever storage container i use, i wont be able to seal it tightly hence the cord running from the probe to the actual hygrometer/thermometer.

I have one with a remote probe but the probe only measures temperature not humidity, you could always wrap the cord up and put the whole unit in the glass jar..

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran

No, probably not. I'd really suggest investing in a Caliber III. Good luck.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I started a pruning/LST thread like some asked for. The link is in my sig. It's a little sparse now, but I'll add more info in the following days. Thanks for the interest.

Simon

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
I have one with a remote probe but the probe only measures temperature not humidity, you could always wrap the cord up and put the whole unit in the glass jar..
now that you mention that, i'll still order the calberIII, but i'll give that method a try as well

thanks fourandtwenty, and simon

Also I have the jar filled to the top. Its a gallon glass jar. I was told to pack it in the jar to the top so it would remove more air???.

If you read the thread you will realize Simon recommends 80%-90% full, leaving enough air room is IMPORTANT.:dance013:

heheh!!!the only sticky on this forum has 6,000 views this thread has 65,000 views, over 40 comments on it being a sticky, many compliments, no trolls lots of plus rep (i assume!!) excitement, gratitude and many people reporting excellent results etc....so people relax.....no need to keep saying sticky this!!...tis only a matter of time!!

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Here's how I look at it. As long as the thread stays at the top half of the page and folks have a chance to see it, that's fine. At the risk of sounding like a bit of a wanker, I really believe in what we're doing and if it can even help one person cure a better crop, then all of this has done some good.

Let's overgrow the world and put an end to this insanity!

Simon

Latest posts

Latest posts