What's new

A perfect cure every time

NoRest

heres the hygrometer I prefer. Fits in my jars better and is re calibratable, plus the magnet stays on the back to attach to metal lids of some jars. cost is same as Caliber III

Hygroset II

picture.php

This piqued my curiosity, so I ran a quick Google search. Aside from finding more references than I thought, which surprised me to no end, I came across a hygrometer curing tutorial on another forum:

http://boards.cannabis.com/2087655-post45.html

This individual obviously went though this thread, paraphrased the original post, and ended it with this:

"It took some trial & error between myself & others. About a month ago, a buddy of mine saw a thread on another forum and they were using the same method almost to a "T". So I'm guessing it's a pretty good method."

I see. He and others have been working on this, which explains why he even plagiarized the format of the original post. I guess we should be flattered.

Simon
yep a copycat dirty rat who claims credit!! lol...plus his thread started in April whilst yours started in January :laughing:

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
DAMN MAN!!

DAMN MAN!!

heres the hygrometer I prefer. Fits in my jars better and is re calibratable, plus the magnet stays on the back to attach to metal lids of some jars. cost is same as Caliber III

Hygroset II

picture.php

love that and love the black grinder in/as your avatar!! cool

my question is, can the hygroset be bought in a store or does it have to be ordered as well.

the premise of the thread is what it is, and its an ingenious use of a hygrometer, my thing is i like to buy things out right, so i may just check radioshack or some other electronics store to see what is to be had by way of hygrometer

NoRest

Thats just a jar in my avatar!

i found my first hygrometer at "the tinder box" a local cigar and pipe shop.

i ordered my last few and saved like 5 bux

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
Thats just a jar in my avatar!

i found my first hygrometer at "the tinder box" a local cigar and pipe shop.

i ordered my last few and saved like 5 bux

jar? shiiiiit, i love that damned thing either way!! very nice piece.

well if its all about finding a cigar shop, there are plenty in the NJ area i can check, guess ill just have to go and hit em up.

this whole hygrometer thing is a must have addition to my growing process as im sure everyone else has found it to be, just never thought to take it this far BUT this is where we need to be.

thanks Norest, see you out there in the IC mag world

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread/curing method rocks! Its my first time trying it and it seems to be working really well. Thanks alot for letting all of us know this info.

im doing this method with my bud in a plastic airtight container and the temp/hygrometer out my grow room

just 1 question plastic airtight container is ok ?
doesnt neeed to be glass?

and ty simon for a great thread

No problem. It's become a huge thread and it can be hard to find the info needed.

I should point out though there is the risk of static electricity buildup when using plastic, though that tends to happen more with bags then boxes. The static can "pull" the trichromes right off your beautiful buds. Doesn't happen with glass containers. So I recommend glass. With my patients, I always provide their meds in glass jars.

What brand of glass and where???

I use the 1 gallon from rubbermaid for $2.64 per container. The only glass are quart canning jars and are too mall. I did find a 2 gallon Ball jar in glass but it was decorative without a screw on lid.

I found a 10l vacuum seal but it was $60 or so. What to do?

the herbsman uk

hello, just harvested my first grow(trainwreck)and i will be trying out this curing method as it seems to have great resaults,so hopefully i will have some stinky bud soon?

Budsworth

How is "creative ways to dispose of trash" stickied and yet probably the most informative, useful, immediately applicable thread on all of ICMAG not get the same treatment? I've come back to this thread so many times over the last 6 months. I've turned all my friends onto this thread. Many of them are coming here SPECIFICALLY to read this thread.

Just sticky this bad boy and get it over with.

first time grower and boy am I glad I came across this thread. Ordered the caliber 3 on thursday I think from amazon and got it today. So excited to try this out. I had a branch on one of my romulans outside break yesterday so I had to cut it and hang it. too bad it still has a few weeks left to go. so I will try out the cure on this first. I got it hanging in my closet right now...temp about 72 and RH about 48..it was 58 earlier today. Hope this works out great because I'm a few days away from harvesting a purple diesel. I really didn't want to screw this up. props to simon for this one. takes the guess work right out of it.:jump:

mgrisme

If the RH in the room is around 55-60% is it safe to assume that the RH in the bud is also around 55-60% once it has properly dried for a few days?

How accurate is the Caliber at measuring the ambient temp and RH in the room?

Latest posts

Latest posts