What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A lb from a 400 HPS, try II: 20 untrained 3' plants

Rellikbuzz

Great shots, Cap! Even though there is a lack of lumens, those buds are packing on some nice frost and size. If anyone can do this thing, you can! I'm watching with "baited breath"! :eek:

G

Hey rellik, thanks! I cant wait, either. I'm down to my last ounce in the curing jars! That deserves a :eek: also :D

=====================

Day 41. They dont look nine days away what with no pistils turning color or shriveling up at all

G

Hey everyone, here we are at day 46 and all is well. There is no doubt these will go far longer to finish than 50 days. Maybe even 60 :eek:

They just received the last watering, (I think). After doing a side by side a couple years ago, I stopped flushing my plants for harvest. I cut back on the food to be sure, but I like my girls healthy and as green as possible all the way to finish and flushing is a good way to halt growth from your plant with little discernable benefit. Dont believe it, try a side by side for yourself and then decide. Just use a light dose of your final flowering fert instead of plain water. Several folks on this board can attest to the taste of my unflushed cannabis.

G

Caprichiso - they are looking to finish better than they started out to looking like they would /

I can personaly attest to the taste of Caprichiso's unflushed method & IMHO his method has sound principlies / why stop feeding for 2 weeks? - cut the N = yes - but to starve a plant after giving it a habit - is not sound.

G

Thanks John. Pistils just started turning yesterday

Thanks Fred. Good luck with your plants well. :wave:

est1977, thanks and good luck to you in whatever you do.

=============================

Day 51 and I can see some color on top!

Sleepy

Veteran
Damn, Cap!!

Damn, Cap!!

It looks like you are going to have a hell of a summer!!!enjoying all of that bud-i'm a little jealous!! :eek: :canabis: :biglaugh:

you did a great job teaching us all a different method. much appreciated!

everyone should keep an open mind, and find what method(s) works for them, instead of being a "nay-sayer".

thanks again for the 'edumacation'.

BTW, i think you WILL hit that pound!!!

Happy April Fools Day!!!

:eek: those are some frosty colas man :eek:

got a question for ya, did you notice any difference in resin production between the trained and untrained plants?

G

gift, The previous strain was straight up Sweet Cindy and this one is Sweet Cindy X Ortega. So any difference I would more attribute to the strain difference than any training method. Besides, stuff like that is genetic, it really cant change due to a different growing technique being used, unless the environments are different. And these two grows are pretty close to being equal.

Update shots from day 56 coming up. Not done, not really close. GAWD this is exasperating. And I'm almost out of freakin dope!

G

:) :wave:

=======================

OK, for todays news I have some corrections and clarifications to make. Talked to my friend who gave me the beans and he looked over my work in this thread and pointed out a mistake on my part. At one point in here I call this cross my own and it's actually one I received from him. My cross is actually Sweet Cindy X Rosetta Stone, this cross is from one of the greatest growers OG has ever seen, Tick, as was the straight up Sweet Cindy that I bred with the RS. Apologies for the confusion to all concerned or to anyone who cares.

G

I am gowing out some SC x R.Stone & it has some wonderful plant structure, is very healthy & is frosting up nicly - they are bit nuet sensitive - but very uniform & will give a nice yield as well

G

Well, now you (and I) know the origins. Enjoy. :wink:

Nute sensitive is a good thing, eh?

Tick, if your around, thanks man.

G

Nute sensitive is a good thing, eh?

It's wasen't a good or bad issue - just a personal observation in my garden so far / I fed it to much & burned some tips - while the others on the same feed took it well

If i were to coment on it - I would have to say the 'less u need' the better

G

Agreed. You can see I havent learned the habits of this new strain to well by the burned tips.

Some updates from day 54

Lower buds are bigger than I expected. This one is well below the cola

Day 56

Bonzo

Veteran
Beautifull plants Cap, no doubt theres an lb in there :friends: . That last pic is amazing. I have some Sweet Cindy on the way. Would you say these resemble the Ortega or the Sweet Cindy? Do you have a different strain in mind for next time? I like how your plants are still reaching for the light so late in flower, very happy! :D

peace, bONZ :smile:

Latest posts

Latest posts