What's new

A lb from a 400 HPS, try II: 20 untrained 3' plants

G

Sire it does Fred, but you do have 10,000 lumens per light on me. :wink: Glad to hear the plants are doing well.

badmf, there is a lot of nuance to take into account when figuring out actual grams per watt, but comparing yield to flower light is the most basic and easiest to understand. KISS, dontcha know. Agreed, if I were doing a SOG, I could easily be more efficient. But federal laws in my country punish harsher for a style of growing using many numbers of plants. I figured it out of course (I would love to do it) I could have 80 plants in this setup doing a SOG perpetual harvest. But I would also have to have 40 clones and a mon or three going at once to maintain it. Much too many plants for my comfort.

Hey joe, thanks for the support. It's looking real good so far. But I thought the last try was looking real good too and it only hit 8/10s of my goal.

Thanks b. Is that a good thing, lol? :D

G

Some update shotsof the grow

these are from day 26

The day 27 room shot and an underside shot. Light is much more blocked out now

and some day 27 glam shots

filimagno

hi CAPRICHO....it proceed all well...good luck for the LB!!!!! :wave: :wave:
...i hope to pass it over at least for 100 grams with my 4 clones..have u check it?...
here i'm on 6 week:42 days:

and her's the thread:BSE
CIAO........fili.......magno :wave: :wave: :wave:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn nice show fella's. It's is amazing to see what a little thought and a hell of a lot of work can do from such little wattage when done correctly. Good luck to all because harvest time be a comin soon.

Mr.Wags

G

Looks great fili! I'll stop by your thread when I can. I'm very busycurrently with four MJ experiements going in my room and a 20 plant grow in flower.

So what do ya think wags? 20 days let and they look this thick. I'm impressed.

tokinjoe

Hey Cap, I sent you a PM several days ago. I know yer busy and all, but if you get a chance will you read it and get back to me??

The grow is going great. Beautiful bud pics bro! If memory serves, last time you LST'd all of them and got 12 oz? I'll be interested to see how this grow compares. Not sure how fair of a comparison this will be as you DID break out the hemp rope again. Couldn't help yourself, could ya? hehe :moon:

G

Hey all, some day 34 update shots. eveything is going well amd I just watered again last night. 2 pts 5-30-5 and 1 pt 10-12-12, along with the standard kelp and epsom salts. 16 days to go.

G

Thoes are filling in very nicly - after 34 days I see a lot of frost starting to take off.

This cross is proving to be a good looker so far -

Many Good blessings on the finish

(I have pulled 5 males & have 9 FM's showing on day 11 now - 2 more slow sexers yet) - I have GOT to go to cloning / males take up to much valuable space & effort)

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Ice Cold has a point...you think with the low light levels the length of flowering could increase?

tokinjoe

Looking good Cap. Man those girls are frosting up very nicely...Thanks for the inspiring thread..Makes me wonder what you could do with a 1000HPS......Peace.. :canabis: TJ

G

sunnyside said:
Ice Cold has a point...you think with the low light levels the length of flowering could increase?

yeah i do think so only because of the lower amount of lumens being emitted in wavelength that promotes ripening of our fruit therefore it will take longer for the plant to absorb the lumens it needs to finish itself off and therefore flower longer?

or maybe it will finish at the same time but not be yielding as much as it could have because it was not allowed to come to full fruitition? :friends:

G

Hey folks, thanks for all the replies.

Fred, you wouldnt believe how much they smell. Must be the Ortega Cuz the sweet cindy didnt start overpowering my carbon scrubber until the last three days. I have 13 to go and we can smell it at the sidewalk. And I'm using fresh carbon as opposed to end of year carbon from the last pound thread. I'm going out to get more tonight and see if that shores things up. Potent stuff!

Ice Cold, sunnyside, I too doubt it'll hit even a gram per watt, much less a pound. But I also think it'll do 13-14 ounces, my best ever. I'm seriously considering a two stage harvest as well since the colas are all 12" tall, but that will blow my numbers goal as stated in the thread title.

joe, I would work myself to death because I would run it at about 33 wpsf and still try and get a plant per sqf under it. I've planned a family vacation week in order to take care of this harvest coming up in two weeks.

If flowering time did increase, I wouldnt know it since this is the first time I have grown the cross out. It wouldnt be very significant anyway since the sweet cindy I did last year at 20 wpsf harvested on the same day as evey other SC grow Ive done before it.

I'll get some pics up soon

G

As always I have my eye on your threads

Many blessings for a strong finish -