What's new

A lb from a 400 HPS, try II: 20 untrained 3' plants

G

Hey thanks visone :wave:

joe, I'm a ropin down fool. That inverse square law is the bane of my existence. I'm always trying to beat it :biglaugh: I'm a mix person myself. If I had the funds or were better educated a few years ago, I would buy a 500 watt mix of two 250s of each spectrum or would have done it when I bought my current 430 SA new. Prices were similar, in fact, even back then.

G

Day 13 of 12/12 and the stretch has actually stretched at the last minute. We're up to 2.5' on most plants and more than 2' on all.

The room itself ishowing some interesting differences. The two roups n the left have experienced more growth that the two groups on the right. It's a fairly obvious difference

I'll figure out which group received what when I'm down looking at my logbook next. What do you bet the plants that received full strength ferts grew bigger?

filimagno

hi caprichoso...i follow ur thread with lot of interest..can u explain me the matter about the fixing on pot of ur plants...is it 4 an emergency option?

i wanna make u my compliments for the professionality of ur infos!!!and ever interesting threads!!! loookin good these 2!!!..i'm too much coriously.. so i got some questions:
have u 1 lamp only ,moved by a trail???if not how u can light that big surface only with a 400...?(can u tell me the meseurament in meters plz i'm EU)
other question:are u looking for 1 LB(423 grams) from 1 lamp?i've understand the title of ur thread?...so 1 g x watt?

i'm feel totally stupid to make u this questions but i'm not totally able to understand all the tones of ur language....excuse me all!!!

peace fili...

ps ...i'm ever lookin for new improves on my tecniques !!! u have a good spirit!! compliments!!

if u want to check my last thread (the first in icmag) this is the link:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8916

G

Hey filimagno, thanks for your interest. Give me a few minutes here for a correction.

When I slipped my measuring stick in last, I missed the topsoil of the planter and put it all the way to the floor. Being buzzed on more than just pot, it didnt dawn on me to question the nine inch growth in three days :bigfucking laugh: until I went down today and actually....uh......looked at where it was. Suffice it to say, the plants are still much less than two feet and I, your resident cheap ass stoner/drunkard/grower, will be more careful next time.

Be right back.

G

>>hi caprichoso...i follow ur thread with lot of interest..can u explain me the matter about the fixing on pot of ur plants...is it 4 an emergency option?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure I'm following you with this part, but I think I have the rest. :)

>>i wanna make u my compliments for the professionality of ur infos!!!and ever interesting threads!!! loookin good these 2!!!..i'm too much coriously.. so i got some questions:

Thank you! you mean the threads in my signature, I assume? Glad you liked them and I hope they help out anyone who sees them.

>>have u 1 lamp only ,moved by a trail???

Yes one lamp, a 40,000 lumen 400 HPS. I dont believe movers are desireable for a single light source, so no, I dont have one of them. Mine hangs stationary.

>>if not how u can light that big surface only with a 400...?(can u tell me the meseurament in meters plz i'm EU)

Well, my goal is to show that many pot plants, especailly indicas, can be grown with much less light than the cannabis world dogma dictates. Super high intensity lighting can lead to an efficient, very high yielding garden if factors are taken into account. Many growers I come across who are at 70+ wpsf have efficiency ratings that are absolutely pathetic and i would like to change that.
It's a bit mpre than 1.5 meters square and please, excuse me and my nation for our continued reliance on antiquated and inaccurate measuring systems

>>other question:are u looking for 1 LB(423 grams) from 1 lamp?i've understand the title of ur thread?...so 1 g x watt?

Well, one gram per watt is generally considered the holy grail of hobby growing, so that's what i want to hit first. That's around 15 ounces. One more and I'm at a lb for a 400 watt light, which sounds really cool to say compared to a gram per watt :D

>>m feel totally stupid to make u this questions but i'm not totally able to understand all the tones of ur language....excuse me all!!!

Please, say no more. I find it a beautiful thing that two people from wholly different cultures can communicate at all in a meaningful way. Post as often as you like and we'll figure it out as we go.

Good luck and stop by anytime

Cap

filimagno

hi CAP....thx for the good wellcome ...and about our culture i think the same idea as u!!! and i'm feeelin kinda happy to find another 1 good BRO that came in the net for share it with all as Me..

plus u have a very agreeable type of person!!! u have smiling me so much dude with the first answer!!!!ahahahahahaahahahahahah

about the plants:u r makin a good deal!!!!
the max number of clones i've putted onto a 400 wattin SOG are 14 clones of hempstar..under where(on the side plants) i've situated 2 platform in wood ;this to allowed ,the most far plants, at the best light exposure...(i lookin for the photos that speaks as well as me)..i call it SOG arena...where the central plants are at the floor surface, and the others are lifted up to bring more light.

have u some problem of far lighting?...or u move the pots continuosly?

...right now i'm try a cross from a sog and a scrog without screen...with a sintesis of some experieces maded with pruning ...i've call it :Bush Stressing Extreme...and his name it's fuckin actually with the politics situation around the globe!!eheheheeheh

c ya soon ....fili...and thx for ur replyes very accurated !!

G

Well, it's been too long since I updated this. I've got the pics, just havent had the time to sit down and put something together.

This is all from yesterday, day 17 or 18

It's a lot brighter under here than with the plants I trained last time

G

them virgins are looking for some Tush / quite uniform & just starting to put on some weight.

Go get em Caprishoso :yummy: /

It's a lot brighter under here than with the plants I trained last time
What is this telling you?

=================================================
You would be proud of my plants & progress so far;

Today is big bucket day for 11 plants :smile: (I love working the garden)

I am very pickey about doing it right & threw 2 diff soil mixes to the side yard because I was not happy with the pH of the soil / on the 3rd batch (I took notes) I was able to come up with a rocket fuel soil mix with a pH of 6.2-5

Funny; I graduated from a Vocational Ag school & 30 years later I feel I have just come in-to plying my trade :biglaugh:

Moving out of a closet this week & into a temp cooled up-stairs room / I will be running 2 - 430 hps - adding a Co2 controler - a sulfer burner & Vortech 4000 for odor. / I am going full tilt boggie on growing my own Canna-Meds & I will eventiualy get a camera to show ya'all.

I have 19 adults in full Veg right now & some young popers

SC99
SC99 x R.Stone
Life-saver
LSD
BMR
Blue thunder
O.Apollo
Cal-jax
C. Kush
White rhino
Mistry mix

& few others /

Take care
Wifeless in Texas
Fred

G

Well, it's telling me there isn't enough leaf blocking it out and absorbing it like my trained plants do.
It's really a complete mystery to me what this setup will yield. I suppose if I equal the 11 from the last time I'll be satisfied and go back to training. If I get 8 or 9 I'll be dissapointed and understand my playing field much better. Below that would be a miserable failure in my book.

=================

Took the 20 plants out today and fed them all and pruned em up a bit. The sretch has continued to 30" on some, a full 2.5 feet. Everyone is very healthy looking except for some red petioles I have never been able to get rid of. May be genetic I suppose. The feeding was 2 parts 10-12-12 and one part 5-30-5, kelp extract and epsom salts. I'll repeat this dosage next watering and switch to 2 pts 5-30-5 after that. Depending on what the plants tell me. Some update shots

My food, nothing special but works fantastic

I don't let it get too dry in flower before watering again. Even so it was 10 days between them.

I went through and removed everything that looked like this or more sparse. These wouldn't have amounted to much come harvest

Couple of gorgeous babes at 21 days

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good Cap. I just posted some updates myself. Betwen the 2 of us a lb from a 400 watter is going to happen very very soon.

Mr.Wags

filimagno

ciao caprichoso...i've understand right? u water ur plants once time even 10 days?..

great sparkles man!!!...still big compliments

ps...what's the matter of the fixings between plants trunk and pot..? u think that the elongation may causes a flex-down to ur plants during the last time of flo?

good things 2 u CAPRICCIOSO!!!!!!!

jexter71

I don't use it but ikeep hearing that that Shultz plant food is the bomb. I have smoked some "rookie" crops fed that stuff.. and they were awesome! nice thread and pics. Good Luck Jexter

:eek: Those are some fantastic looking plants you have there. Lets hope u get ur 1lb. This may just inspire me to follow in your footsteaps with the clones.

G

mrwags said:
Looking good Cap. I just posted some updates myself. Betwen the 2 of us a lb from a 400 watter is going to happen very very soon.

Mr.Wags

Good luck to you Mrwags! Lets prove to the masses that HIDs are badly underused.

filimagno said:
ciao caprichoso...i've understand right? u water ur plants once time even 10 days?..

great sparkles man!!!...still big compliments

ps...what's the matter of the fixings between plants trunk and pot..? u think that the elongation may causes a flex-down to ur plants during the last time of flo?

good things 2 u CAPRICCIOSO!!!!!!!

Hey fili, yeah, 10 days for this group. Keep in mind that they will use the water faster as they mature and grow into the planter. The first transplant will always take a while to drain the soil of moisture because you have a brand new, freshly saturated soil mass that the roots have to grow into. The second watering took a bit less time and this watering I just did I expect them to consume in 7-8 days. Remember, allowing your soil to get dry all the way to the bottom of the planter (not unhealthy dry, dont let the leafs droop) will force roots to grow out a bit more in search of water. A distinct wet dry cycle will keep your roots much happier because of this response.

jexter71 said:
I don't use it but ikeep hearing that that Shultz plant food is the bomb. I have smoked some "rookie" crops fed that stuff.. and they were awesome! nice thread and pics. Good Luck Jexter

Yeah, I have been extremely happy with Schultz Expert Gardener line. It has five micronutes in it, though to be fair, it's not a complete lineup of micros. I still use kelp extract to supplement. I can get testimony from several IC members as to it's taste, too. Thaks Jex!

LittleBigGrower said:
:eek: Those are some fantastic looking plants you have there. Lets hope u get ur 1lb. This may just inspire me to follow in your footsteaps with the clones.

Good luck LBG. If I can do it, anyone can. My style of growing is designed to be as easy and cheap as possible, and yield more at the same time. Sounds almost too good to be true, eh? Good luck with the cloning and feel free to ask any questions I might be able to help with.

I'll have update shots in a little while.

G

does 2 lbs off 2 430's count?

That's my goal

Cap; always watching ya - 'you know' U helped inspire me to grow (your SC99 x R.Stones are looking nice - I went 12/12 two days ago on 16 diff. & so far I have 11 others just poped & in 24/7 veg

As soon as some FM's show up & if i find something spceial I will look to clone her

badmf

Good job Cap!! I have always been surprised when folks "toss' out their "old' soil, after all farmers can use the same soil forever, allowing for some fallow to reinvigorate it. I have the same soil for 'round 11 years now with no ill effects, I flush monthly with Clearex and after grows, allow some to compost for a few months, while I rotate other soil in.
I think the "goal" of any weight per watt, should keep in mind the length of total time it grows. If it takes longer to veg, it uses more juice at 18/24 for a longer time and if the time is long enough you could have a 2nd crop going, before the first is finished! If you factor all time/costs and yeilds you may opt to grow em faster rather than, longer to get bigger.
Interesting, as there must be a "peak" for each strain as to what size to bloom from, to get the most yeild per time, rather than total yeild in longer time. Add the two yeilds together( the 2 quicker ones!) and compare to the longer bigger one and it may surprise you! Just something to "thimk" about!! lol

tokinjoe

Hey Cap, it's been a while since I dropped in on ya here. Looks like things are going great for ya. I'm still rooting for your lb to happen. Good luck and do it bro!! Peace. :canabis: TJ

Latest posts

Latest posts