What's new

600w co2 scrog grow, help me dial it in ;)

K

Kindman69

Today was my last training session, from now on it will only be leafs that I fold out of the way of bud sites. My hands are already getting sticky from the training and I don't want to 'manhandle' them too much.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

S

SafeSwoops

wow, really nice set-up and training. It seems like you trained and re-trained with the screen more than most people do it will be nice to see how much of a difference that makes. Best of luck dialing it in.

SafeSwoops

K

Kindman69

wow, really nice set-up and training. It seems like you trained and re-trained with the screen more than most people do it will be nice to see how much of a difference that makes. Best of luck dialing it in.

SafeSwoops

Thanks for the luck bro, the nugs on this strain are not going to be that big, so I wanted to make sure I expose as many bud sites as possible:joint:
It will be a fun experiment:yoinks:

Kind

scaraze

Nice setup man I am going to follow this grow.

Im doing a 600w passive hydro myself. Can you tell me how you did with the co2?

K

Kindman69

Nice setup man I am going to follow this grow.

Im doing a 600w passive hydro myself. Can you tell me how you did with the co2?

Cheers Scaraze,
I have a CAP PPM3 (piece of shit), which I use to monitor the co2. I use the 1/4" tubing to deliver the co2 right above my AC.
I use a 20 pound tank, constant open during lights on, adjusted to maintain 1500-2000 ppm. That can sometimes be tricky, especially when a tank is brand new and also when the tank is just about empty.
I would love a good controller, but can't justify the price yet. Keep in mind a tank lasts me for at least 4 weeks as it is, a controller would not gain me much.
I'll snap some pics tonight :joint:

Kind

K

Kindman69

Are you running a top feed into hempy buckets?

Cheers Blaze:joint:, I just do a top feed recirculating. I use 100% Perlite in 2 gallon buckets. Currently my drips are 30 sec. on / 4min off, controlled by a cycle timer. I maintain my res at 68 degrees, and have several air stones in there.
I may mess with this set up a bit next grow, I would like to add a second feed pump in case of pump failure. Either synchronized with the first feed pump, or off set (need a 2nd cycle timer for that). I already had some root damage this grow from forgetting to turn the feed pump on again after ph adjustment.:yoinks:

Kind

scaraze

Im doing a 600w scrog with chronic myself soon, so your grow is very interesting for me. I will be following your progress.:joint:

H

HippyJohnny

I cant believe you were able to push those girls down one more time. I bet you really had to manhandle them :bashhead: I was going to vote let em be, but it looks like you made a better choice.

I dont think you could get more sites than you have now. Great Job Kindman !

How much time do you think you have before cut? I am sure this is just gonna be a screen of beauty with all those colas popping up :woohoo:

Peace :joint:

K

Kindman69

Scaraze, that chronic of NBG is def. a keeper for scrog:yoinks:. Not all strains build nice colas like that in a scrog set up. Can't wait to see what you can conjure up with this strain:joint:.

K

Kindman69

I cant believe you were able to push those girls down one more time. I bet you really had to manhandle them :bashhead: I was going to vote let em be, but it looks like you made a better choice.

I dont think you could get more sites than you have now. Great Job Kindman !

How much time do you think you have before cut? I am sure this is just gonna be a screen of beauty with all those colas popping up :woohoo:

Peace :joint:

Morning HippyJ, Yeah :bashhead:, that is about how it felt lol, but I know that I will get relatively small nugs from this Aurora Indica in a scrog, so the more sites the better, I hope :joint:.

I should have about 5 weeks to go:abduct:

K

Kindman69

23 days 12/12
The stems are getting rather thick, considering they only vegged for 2 weeks under the 600 and are in relatively small containers.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

scaraze

kindman,

I will post it when it when its in bloom.

I wanna learn more about your setup with the dwc is it? Could you take pictures and explain how it done.

I have a pretty good area to work on and my initial plan is to do a similar setup as NBG but with 2 air pumps and 8 plants in 3 gallon pots with LECA balls with an airstone at the bottom of each pot, and of course scrog. Do you think 8 is too much? Cause I dont know how many turn female, also Im gonna destroy the saitiva pheno.

My experience is very limited so this is my first grow.

At what height is your scrog from the upper part of the pot, and could you explain the technique of scrog, I assume you been topping them? How many plants do you have in there? What medium do you use? Do you use carbon filter? Cause I read chronic isnt supposed to be smelly, but i highly doubt a pound of flowering bud wont smell??

K

Kindman69

kindman,

I will post it when it when its in bloom.

I wanna learn more about your setup with the dwc is it? Could you take pictures and explain how it done.

I have a pretty good area to work on and my initial plan is to do a similar setup as NBG but with 2 air pumps and 8 plants in 3 gallon pots with LECA balls with an airstone at the bottom of each pot, and of course scrog. Do you think 8 is too much? Cause I dont know how many turn female, also Im gonna destroy the saitiva pheno.

My experience is very limited so this is my first grow.

At what height is your scrog from the upper part of the pot, and could you explain the technique of scrog, I assume you been topping them? How many plants do you have in there? What medium do you use? Do you use carbon filter? Cause I read chronic isnt supposed to be smelly, but i highly doubt a pound of flowering bud wont smell??

Cheers Scaraze, I look forward to your project:joint:!
I currently do not run a dwc, but I will next time around:joint:.
Currently I just top feed four 2 gallon buckets that drain into a tray and from there back to the res.
Next time I think I will use some bins, I am a firm believer that you can not have enough root mass.
The more plants the less veg time you have, I used 4 plants this time and vegged for only 2.5 weeks under the 600. (Keep in mind that I also transplanted them from promix back into perlite at about 10" tall)
I would NOT start a scrog without knowing the sex before hand Scaraze. It is next to impossible to get the males out of there once they fill the screen. Your screen will be 60+% full by the time you see preflowers.

It would be great to just do a good LST job for your first grow with this strain, root out the loosers, and run the keeper in the scrog next time.

I'm personally not that happy with my Aurora Indica in this scrog grow, just because I know that it does not build these fat-ass colas, but the result should still be good. I was just tired of soil, and did the switch with what I had ready to go. Plus th AI is a kick ass smoke he he.:joint:

The Ai's were topped 2 times when they were still in soil. The space from the pots to the screen is about 10" but you can make that as tight as you want to or can lol.
I don't use my carbon filter yet, but soon I will have to. :joint:

Kind

K

Kindman69

Cheers Scaraze, I was busy at work this week, and sure thing I did not notice the little rust spots that were developing on some of the AI's foliage. Looks like a minor Calcium def. They are not locked up (still eating) but maybe they do not like the AN Connoisseur that I switched them to for flowering. I was feeding them 4ml A/B. Could be the low dose I was feeding them as well, but either way I have switched them back to Aqua Flakes at my weekly res change.

I will put some pics up tomorrow:joint:

I had disaster strike 4 out of my five Black Jack seedlings:fsu:, 1 never broke through, 3 of them I found with there stems severed (must have been the wind rubbing them against the perlite:wallbash:), but one of them is doing good. Not good odds lol, but hopefully it will make it into motherhood.

My outside AI is rocking, it is going to be a good yielder:joint:

Kind