What's new

600w co2 scrog grow, help me dial it in ;)

K

Kindman69

Getting busy under the screen:

picture.php

keke.nz

Looking good dude, I like the way you have the lifted ends on your SCROG screen nice idea.
That comparison pic with the co2 is amazing for 6 days difference! keep it up hope all goes well.

peace keke :joint:

K

Kindman69

Thanks Livn, I'll keep them coming :)
I folded the ends up so they get a little better light intensity on the sides, and cause I had too much time on my hands lol. I actually did measure the light intensity and with the sides up I get about 10% more light on the sides ;)
I don't think it's necessary though.

Keke, thanks for stopping in, glad you like the screen ;)

Kindman

BigGreen

Veteran
Nice grow kindman there coming along nicely but I suggest you flip them bugger in to 12/12 unless you want a jungle your screen is already dam near full. Kick ass tho

K

Kindman69

Nice grow kindman there coming along nicely but I suggest you flip them bugger in to 12/12 unless you want a jungle your screen is already dam near full. Kick ass tho

Thanks Big Green, The 12/12 flip has been gnawing at my stoned mind for the past 2 days. I've scroged the Auroras before and they will stretch quite a bit during the 'big stretch' lol.
I think I'll dial my ventilation in and flip these girls tomorrow. I was going to give them another week, but with the co2 they are growing way fast :)
The biggest thing for me is to make sure I keep putting them under the screen during the 'big stretch', otherwise they get rather leggy on the top side. A mistake I made before lol.

Happy to have you around ;)

Kindman

H

HippyJohnny

Very Nice!

I am surprised by the CO2. How do you use it in your set-up? I always thought it seemed like allot of trouble and looked difficult. Is it a big deal to use?

I am tuned in, looks like its going to be a great finish.:canabis: :party:

K

Kindman69

Very Nice!

I am surprised by the CO2. How do you use it in your set-up? I always thought it seemed like allot of trouble and looked difficult. Is it a big deal to use?

I am tuned in, looks like its going to be a great finish.:canabis: :party:

Cheers HippyJohnny, I start the co2 once the roots are established. I monitor it with a ppm3 by cap. This is also a controller, but locks up all the time, so I have the co2 flow at a constant rate, rather then being triggered by the cap ppm3. I started them out on about 800-900ppm and moved them up to between 1500-1900ppm. My space is sealed during veg and lights on, I do vent however every 3 hours for 3 min. due to previous 'outgassing' issues I had.
This is somewhat of a new schedule for me. I usually vent during lights off, but the temps are so brutal here in socal that I decided to push my luck with the 'outgassing' gods.
Using co2 is not a lot of trouble! Using co2 efficiently and to its potential, now, that is a lot of trouble lol.

Kindman

H

HippyJohnny

Thanks for the info!

The girls look happy this AM. Do you usually trim up underneath about now/later or do you just let them do their thing?

It is a real jungle under there.

K

Kindman69

Good morning Hippy ;)
I trim out all the underneath budsites 2nd week into 12/12, and I cut the fan leafs as they go bad. I have a cfl down in there for the first time, maybe it will keep my underneath in tact for a little bit longer, but I'm not holding my breath lol. Usually everything is gone underneath by 3rd week into flower.
Thank god I have a de-humidifier going at all times :)

Kindman

MedResearcher

Veteran
Looks nice, very thick canopy. I would vote for time to flip em as well.

I have that same Cap controller, it locks up on me randomly as well. If you move it or shade it from the direct light it seems to help, but all and all they are a pain in the ass. I should replace mine, but the better ones are expensive.

What is in your room that you are worried about creating "outgassing?"

Mr^^

K

Kindman69

Good morning MedRE ;)
Oh yeah, let's sing the CAP ppm3 blues....
The only thing I found to help is interrupting power to it every so often, like putting it on the light timer which would cause it to reset itself once a day. BTW, I'm also to chep to replace mine lol.

I hope I have nothing left in there that could 'outgass', but I lost 3 consecutive grows to it and I'm still shake from the experience. I used to have a lot of Mylar that was attached with highly toxic spray glue. I had to remove all of that and double coated the walls with a 0 voc paint. I also removed all my insulated ducting from the grow space, since the fiberglass has formaldehyde in it. So far so good, but you never know with a sealed space lol. Send me good karma ;)

What are your co2 experiences?
Kindman

K

Kindman69

The scrog is coming along nicely. It has been 2 days since I flipped them. They seem to adjusting to the no venting just fine, but I'm on high alert lol. They are eating a bit less since I flipped, but I recon that that may be normal due to the reduced lighting scheduled.

I try to get some new pics up tonight ;)

Kindman

K

Kindman69

Here are some pics from today ;) Sorry about the hps, I tried to balance them a bit.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

K

Kindman69

without the HPS :)
They are coming along nicely. Canopy is starting to fill some gaps.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

K

Kindman69

I must be bored lol, but here are some more pics. I think they might help people though, especially as it relates to tugging the tops back under the screen.
I do not tie the tops to the screen, it is not necessary and would make subsequent 'tugs' harder to perform.
I'm not taking anything from underneath the canopy until leafs start looking bad. So far I have no bad leafs :woohoo:I do have a cfl underneath the canopy, and I think it is actually making a difference as it relates to the leafs underneath. They seem to be looking healthier then usually.

5 days 12/12
Co2 is running at 1400-1800ppms
nutes are at 5ml/g aqua flakes + some additives / EC 1.2-1.7 / res change 10-14 days / 30sec on/ 1 min off / 24h
Exhausting 3 min every 3 hours during day & night cycle
Temps 80 lights on / 76 lights off
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

H

HippyJohnny

You are absolutely right... Looking up these ladies skirts... nothing looks even remotely withered or discolored. The CFL are doing the trick.
I have read many that say take everything off underneath so the upper has all of the energy, but if the fans below are pulling in the light and helping in the process why should they have to go?
As long as the humidity isnt bad and have good circulation it seems like it should help bulk them up not take away from the harvest.

What do you think Kindman? No trimming underneath for duration. Is that the plan now?