What's new

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

Now I got a little mixed up...Since you feed constantly,why the need to amend the soil?Sorry about the noob question :eek::

Can't wait to see them!:tiphat:

Not at all a bad question; The coco mix has a million beneficial mycos, ewc, calmag, micronutes and PK in slow release formats instead of immediately available like liquid. It'll be a small boost of all, mainly to give a new flush of microbial life and alternate nute sources. After 2 months in their medium, they should have exhausted what was available by now and are depending on liquid nutes. Anyway, nutes not a problem, canopy/heat management more of one;) Got to get the Hid out.

Nice job on the bubba/kali! good looking smoke, and again, QM is a real winner.

deepwaterdude

OK-now the room's getting tight. I've got the 240cfm intake running 24/7 and got the 440cfm exhaust sitting on top sleeve of the tent, exhausting through the skylight. I cut holes in the cardboard and the blackout curtain for the ducting and it fits quite well. Room is definitely a little cooler, bumped hid back up to 600w.

Stretch has definitely slowed to a crawl, thank the gods, 21st day of light change tomorrow. Going through around 4-5 gal a day w heavy feeding in morning, light in afternoon. I get about a half gal runoff that I either pull out with a turkey baster, or they suck it back up if I don't get there for an hour, which I'd like to avoid, but hey, they're healthy;)

Will have to do minor defoliation in a week. hope all are well and enjoying yourselves, dsd

deepwaterdude

21 days since light change

21 days since light change

Hey DWD.....sounds as though the girls are cooperating. Congrats.:tiphat:
I use the following to remove the excess water....also helpful for keeping things clean....and the best feature......inexpensive. Assuming you have a 5 gal bucket.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-Head-5-gal-1-75-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vac-BH0100/202017218

Awesome, and cheap! After basting for a half hour, I'll take it.

Two part day 21 update; girls are fine, some still stretching a bit. First up, the tent itself, Miss Perfect, Lady S and Zammy Tammy.

Attachments

• 1-Tent at 21 days 12:12.jpg
    1-Tent at 21 days 12:12.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-Canopy at 21 days.jpg
    2-Canopy at 21 days.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 10
  • Miss Perfect tops.jpg
    Miss Perfect tops.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Miss P close.jpg
    Miss P close.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ZamTam's corner.jpg
    ZamTam's corner.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Lady straight %22lower%22.jpg
    Lady straight %22lower%22.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Straight Lady.jpg
    Straight Lady.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ZamTam top 4 close.jpg
    ZamTam top 4 close.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ZamTam top 1.jpg
    ZamTam top 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Zammy Tammy tops 4+3.jpg
    Zammy Tammy tops 4+3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 17

deepwaterdude

Day 21 part 2

Day 21 part 2

Lady S continued, Beast and 5-top. I think the pics exhibit the differences between the girls pretty well. I'll take the two 3 gals out of the tent for pics at 4 weeks, so we can also see the Trough in more detail. Lady Straight is up to my neck @ around 5ft.

Attachments

• 5-top tops.jpg
    5-top tops.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 5-top @21 days.jpg
    5-top @21 days.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Beast close.jpg
    Beast close.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Beastly top.jpg
    Beastly top.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Straight Lady top close.jpg
    Straight Lady top close.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 5 top close.jpg
    5 top close.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 11
G

Looking extra perky and lush! :bow: Fantastic variety of expressions!I'm getting mine down at 9 weeks max,i.e. one of the next days :yay:

deepwaterdude

Why thank you fellas, can't take credit but for paying attention. OT, I'd gladly swap you one of these for one of your PH;0)
In week 4 of 12/12 (now 11.5/12.5) the girls are steaming along. All healthy, no burn, just gave them a stronger feed w/snowmelt at 1.8EC base nutes and no worries. I'll start adding Liquid Koolbloom very lightly at beginning of week 5, reducing base feed to do so.
SO what excited me about growing 5 of the same strain was seeing how many different types I'd get in a small selection, as syd noted. I'd say there are three here; the puffball indica types who shoot parallel fuzzy dice at each node, with varying bud densities and stretch but similar structure-Miss P, Beast and 5-top, in ascending order of squatness, and then Zammy Tammy has her own, more alternate, less puffy structure in her clusters that still adhere to the stem, whereas Lady Straight is her own thing, not really similar to ZAmTam in her style or structure, super stretchy, purpler, buds similar to ZAmTam but farther from the stems, younger than the others by a week and tied to every corner of the %#@ tent. Don't get me wrong, I dig her wildly, but she's a pain in the arse.

Buddler

Veteran
Zammy Tammy must be the Z pheno plus 3 gal. of coco no wonder she reaching for the stars ,they are all set now time to relax and post lots of pics for us. B

deepwaterdude

Zammy Tammy must be the Z pheno plus 3 gal. of coco no wonder she reaching for the stars ,they are all set now time to relax and post lots of pics for us. B

Hah, try 16 gal of coco :biggrin:she's sharing with Miss Perfect and Straight Lady;) She's the one stretching the most these days. Also, much smaller buds in the beginning of flower than the puffballs, which leads me to believe she's one of those that really set to flower in week 5, Straight Lady same. Great to have such difference. Photos soon:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Upped EC to 2.1 for this feeding, see if I can't finally get some tip burn. Dubi recommended to others growing KC to feed more heavily from week 4-5 until week 7-8, so I'm giving it a shot. Added one teaspoon per gal Liquid Koolbloom (0-10-10) and same CalMag to the tune of 100-150 ppm each. They're on day 24, looking just fine.

Smells range from red fruits to sweet garlic, veeery nice.

Meditating on timing of next bean pop for the indoor summer grow. If I wanted to go same size, I would have had to pop beans last week, as we can't be more than 6-8 weeks out from harvesting even the last (famous last words) of this bunch. Anyhow, I DON'T need them to be so big and can flower much earlier than I did this time. I'd say around 3-4 weeks veg max in coco, or else they go nuts and me with;) Beans I've got, never grown and am considering for 6-8 plant run indoors: Jarilla de Sinaloa (CBG), Caribe (CBG), Malawi, and the Panama Diosa x Zamaldelica testers. Beans I DON'T have and am considering; Panama Haze, Malawi x Green Haze, Mangobiche Kush and Michoacan Cream (both CBG, both almost out).

Just picked up my last two spiders from the post office, need to grab 2 8 pks of LEDs. Dat's da nudes, dwds

Buddler

Veteran
Where u getting those spiders and what size bulbs DWD ?2.1 EC OK I READ WHAT WEEK I bet your getting your pics together for an update sorry if you already mentioned it late to the party as usual .Oh ya grow the Malawi and the pan cross just my humble opinion ..B

deepwaterdude

Where u getting those spiders and what size bulbs DWD ?2.1 EC What week you in? I bet your getting your pics together for an update sorry if you already mentioned it late to the party as usual .Oh ya grow the Malawi and the pan cross just my humble opinion ..B

Mornin', Budd, I get the spiders off of ebay for 10$ per with free shipping. They get here in 5 days. You could order them direct from China for 1/3 of the price, but 1month shipping;) The leds I use are a mix, from 17w GEs down to Phillips 14w. The GEs are badass, but real expensive, min 8$ per bulb. I get WalMart 4 packs of 14w daylights that are excellent for 20$. I ordered the Phillips off of amazon, but they were supposed to be 15w so not doing again. I like the brightness of the cheap 14w I get down the road;)

I agree with the strain choices, can't not do malawi;) and the Diosa x Zam goes without saying. I can probably do the Jarilla and Caribe outdoors with a couple others.

The girls are at day 25 12/12 (11/13 now) and haven't shown any tip burn since I've started feeding. This AM was 3rd drench with stronger soup and they look better, I think. Dubi says in other threads to feed KC pretty strongly from this point and no one seems to be reacting badly, maybe tiny tip burn on ZamTam but no clawing anywhere. It's early to go full on PK boost so I go light, but I'm still below 2 tsp gal full feeding.

I took some pics I'll post in a minute.

deepwaterdude

Pic update 25 days-Part one

Pic update 25 days-Part one

It's May 1st so I'm spamming in celebration, and because the girls are happy and gorgeous and because I've been good dammit.

Attachments

• Happy Miss P back left, under LEDs.jpg
    Happy Miss P back left, under LEDs.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 12
  • Second tier Miss P buds.jpg
    Second tier Miss P buds.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 13
  • The Canopy-Lady S tops tied to bungees.jpg
    The Canopy-Lady S tops tied to bungees.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 16
  • The Sky from 5-top's perspective.jpg
    The Sky from 5-top's perspective.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12
  • The jungle day 25.jpg
    The jungle day 25.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Miss Perfect top.jpg
    Miss Perfect top.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 5-top-tight clusters.jpg
    5-top-tight clusters.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 5-top.jpg
    5-top.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
  • The Spire of Lady S.jpg
    The Spire of Lady S.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

Day 25-Part deux

Day 25-Part deux

Alrighty-so Buddler, you can make your own conclusions as to who's what; ZAmTam and Lady S have super sativa structure, although I've seen ZT's type of top on a KC. The smoke'll tell, but I can see ZT's got potency, as does Lady S, who's also the most purple. I've never grown Zam before, so don't know what's a comin' on the Ace train.:biggrin:

It's gonna take me a week or so to assemble the new spiders (buy the bulbs and fixtures) and that's about the time they'll be appreciating less heat. I'm going to add some 2way splitters to get more lateral light.

Attachments

• ZamTam back wall.jpg
    ZamTam back wall.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 13
  • ZamTam front.jpg
    ZamTam front.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 14
  • ZT.jpg
    ZT.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Back wallflowers.jpg
    Back wallflowers.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Lady S closeup.jpg
    Lady S closeup.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12
  • One rooted clone.jpg
    One rooted clone.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 12

Buddler

Veteran
My one conclusion damn beautiful plants there Mr DWD you got it all under control. Im just gonna hang around and get in your way and watch lol, and check out those spyders ! Bud

deepwaterdude

My one conclusion damn beautiful plants there Mr DWD you got it all under control. Im just gonna hang around and get in your way and watch lol, and check out those spyders ! Bud

Good conclusion;) Thanks bro, they's lookin sweet this morning. Gonna take em outta the tent tomorrow for a photo shoot. Very different in natural light;)

Just bought 14 and 16w LEDs and one of the two fixtures I need, so I'm seeing where I can stick this 5th spider to best advantage. Brand is Great Value, and they're VERY bright and compact. GEs kill but are twice as expensive.

Starting to smell like a serious grow in there; dark fruits and angry pot plant smell, no better description.:biggrin:

I'm having a spliff of Big Pink from last outdoor season. I haven't touched these buds since harvest in October as they have almost no evident smell except for earth. When I grind it, there's a bit of deep bass lemon in the earth/dirt smell, not treble sugar like the lemon soda Panama. This was a pink pistiled Panama with FAT calyxes, but had trouble finishing with the cold. I actually found her a few times with a layer of ice on her in the AM that had probably protected her from freezing more thoroughly; no leaf or flower matter was harmed in the experiment;) Unbelievably.

I just dropped off a zip of my first GT and another of Big Pink to see if a pal can't extract some resin with butane. If he gets a good result, I'll run all but a zip of both. Anyway, so far, Big Pink's gorgeous spears of bud are quite nice, mellow, much better taste than smell, heavy lidded, open chested stuff. Her mom was great for music/da arts, and should I get a gram or two of earwax from her, it should be top quality effectwise. The herb is emotionally calming, I'd say, with hints of excitement around the edges.

The next grow with the Panama Diosa x Zam and Malawi, I'm thinking of copying LevitationofMe's badass 12/12 from seed grow. Same coco mix, probably in 3 gals. Tempted to use the trough again, but methinks outside;)

Dats da nudes, photos of Beast and 5 top in natural light tomorrow, and a gander at the long legs of the back wall ladies. Thanks fer looking in, dwd

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

Your Zamaldelica x Kali Chinas are looking great in their first month of flowering :)
The hybrid is very KC dominant, slightly more sativa, but showing many traits from our selected KC mother from latest generation: the purple 'veins' under leaf, the thick stretchy stems, the rounder indica flowering structure, early flowering, etc ...

Next month of flowering is going to be really interesting! Thanks for keep us updated :yes:

deepwaterdude

4 week closeups - revelations-Part 1

4 week closeups - revelations-Part 1

Hi deepwaterdude,

Your Zamaldelica x Kali Chinas are looking great in their first month of flowering :)
The hybrid is very KC dominant, slightly more sativa, but showing many traits from our selected KC mother from latest generation: the purple 'veins' under leaf, the thick stretchy stems, the rounder indica flowering structure, early flowering, etc ...

Next month of flowering is going to be really interesting! Thanks for keep us updated :yes:

Thank you, sir, glad to hear they look on track to you and that you don't see any extreme mutants;) In hopes of not crushing that good impression, here are some closeups.

It looks to me like I left MUCH too much lower branching on Zam Tam, which means I may go nuclear and break out the big tent OR, as the trough is soft, hence difficult to move, just move the two three gals out and put 4 spiders on them, sliding the trough to the middle of the tent and opening up the 3 girls under the 600w and a spider here, a spider there. "Thinking" out loud (put that in quotes for you, OT:biggrin:) it looks like option one is cleaner, all plants in one space, max light + room, but option 2 is probably more doable and probably even better for the trough girls.

Anyway, here's what I'm talkin about. Plus a little clone starting to grow.

Attachments

• Zam Tam upskirt-way too much material.jpg
    Zam Tam upskirt-way too much material.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Back in place 1.jpg
    Back in place 1.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Back in place.jpg
    Back in place.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Midriff-Lady S in front.jpg
    Midriff-Lady S in front.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Legs.jpg
    Legs.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Clone starting to flower.jpg
    Clone starting to flower.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Lady Straight meristem close.jpg
    Lady Straight meristem close.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Lady S lowers 4 weeks.jpg
    Lady S lowers 4 weeks.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Miss P closer.jpg
    Miss P closer.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Miss Perfect 2 back tops-Lady S right.jpg
    Miss Perfect 2 back tops-Lady S right.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 10

deepwaterdude

4wks - Part 2 - Beast and 5-top go for a walk

4wks - Part 2 - Beast and 5-top go for a walk

Unhappy with the photographic rendering, but no fault of the plants;) Here are the three gallon girls, standing within 10in of the 3 ft mark, too lazy to measure;)
Anyhow, I bet you guys agree about spreading em out. Could only benefit the babes. Better than massive defol. Just stresses me and not the plants, heh.

Attachments

• 5-top close blurry.jpg
    5-top close blurry.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 5-top2.jpg
    5-top2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 5-top1.jpg
    5-top1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 5-top gams.jpg
    5-top gams.jpg