What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

14 days since switch-all flower

14 days since switch-all flower

Don't worry they will turn into nice big buds probly have to bend them again are u using trellis at all ? good stuff.B

This is prophetic, Buddler, I'm going to have to bend/tie/chop a bit more before they set. Maybe one week for stretch to end...and that's a definite maybe, you can bet on it. They're going through about 4 gals of water a day at the moment. Blumats take up any slack.
I put 5-top up on a prop so the canopy's more even and hence the lights.
Lady Straight is pissing me off with her conceited vibrant health and snotty vigor. She's starting to tower over her elder sisters teetering atop her long, svelt legs. And, she basically told me to go f@#k myself after I broke her neck. "Ooo, I'm Lady Straight and I'm the only one with a title, ooo!" Yeah, well, you're the equivalent of an accidental late pregnancy, so:moon:. Watch it, and don't screw with your sisters, whom I actually had the intention of bringing into this world.

Anyway, these are basically to celebrate the "we got into flower, now we can relax on the pics" 14 day milestone:dance013:. Like babies, they are constantly doing fascinating yet totally mundane things, like holding up their own heads or yawning, and are evolving from day to day in undeniable, visible leaps and bounds. But since you guys are not the parents of these babies and couldn't care less if they're "actually flowering!" as if they wouldn't, or "pushed a purple pistil!", I'll try to keep the photo updates to weekly.

Attachments

• Canopy @2 weeks.jpg
    Canopy @2 weeks.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 5-top.jpg
    5-top.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Beast flower.jpg
    Beast flower.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 10
  • ZamTam full plant.jpg
    ZamTam full plant.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ZAmTam detail.jpg
    ZAmTam detail.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Miss P.jpg
    Miss P.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Miss P flower.jpg
    Miss P flower.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 10
  • Lady Straight-with 1 Miss P top horning in.jpg
    Lady Straight-with 1 Miss P top horning in.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Lady S.jpg
    Lady S.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 14

deepwaterdude

I hope your not getting in deep water here Dude lol stretch is on ,nice update ..

I'll say! I'm up to my butt about now and getting worse... Couldn't very well call myself DeepSh#@Dude, so we'll go with deep water;0) The stretch is WAY on... I thought they'd flower squat like syd's, but only 5-top didn't stretch much. The trough holds 15-16 gal of medium, so i think that's why they're going nuts. The ones in 3 gals are big, but easy-peasy;)

Don't like to, but took some branches from beast, miss p and 5-top this morning. Air circulation is not an issue as I'm running an open tent with a big oscillating fan moving them all day + night and a small fan cooling the light, but bud redundancy IS an issue;) Fancy way of saying tops vying for the same spot. Also, have to rush in first thing and adjust the light heights as the girls find a way to grow dangerously close overnight. Now miss p's top is about 14" from the open 600, which for me is a tad close.

Anyhoo, luxury problems;)

Old Toker

DeepSh*tDude.....sure wish I could say that I'm not enjoying watching you chase your as* trying to control these girls during stretch. But....I just can't. This is entirely too amusing.....and familiar.:) Let me know if you need any bad advice. I have a surplus and I'd be happy to contribute!

Seriously DWD....you've got this. This is where your experience and good judgement will prevail. Show those girls who's in charge.:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

DeepSh*tDude.....sure wish I could say that I'm not enjoying watching you chase your as* trying to control these girls during stretch. But....I just can't. This is entirely too amusing.....and familiar.:) Let me know if you need any bad advice. I have a surplus and I'd be happy to contribute!

Seriously DWD....you've got this. This is where your experience and good judgement will prevail. Show those girls who's in charge.:tiphat:

The joys of Shadenfreude... know it well;)

As to showing the girls who's in charge... I've moved my last chess piece - supercropping all of Lady S's spindly tops and tying her already cropped top to the back wall, taking more bottom branches/redundancies, pushing the trough up flush against the back of the tent, about 4", gaining a bit of space for the pots, upping the EC to 1.8-1.9 for the girls in the trough, just a couple of gallons as a couple bottom leaves I took were asking for N. i'm also going to top dress with the rest of the coco mix...
The plants could still force some drastic moves, like setup and transfer to the 5x5. Then I think I've just got prayer to the gods of stretch.

Old Toker

Seriously DWD....you've got this. This is where your experience and good judgement will prevail.
... I've moved my last chess piece - supercropping all of Lady S's spindly tops and tying her already cropped top to the back wall, taking more bottom branches/redundancies, pushing the trough up flush against the back of the tent, about 4", gaining a bit of space for the pots, upping the EC to 1.8-1.9 for the girls in the trough, just a couple of gallons as a couple bottom leaves I took were asking for N. i'm also going to top dress with the rest of the coco mix...
The plants could still force some drastic moves, like setup and transfer to the 5x5. Then I think I've just got prayer to the gods of stretch.
All the above....is why you're an excellent grower. You not only know what needs to be done....you deal with it without screwing around. Dubi chose well. :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

All the above....is why you're an excellent grower. You not only know what needs to be done....you deal with it without screwing around. Dubi chose well. :tiphat:

Morning, OT, you are a very kind human. I suspected as much;)

Every morning I see them, smack my forehead and realize yet again that yesterday's tying up belongs to yesterday, and now there's today's. It is said that Kali China goes columnar/vertical; the pics I've seen and watching them straighten out after supercropping support this... One of those plants that brushes off pruning as a mere annoyance. I've got to tie up Miss P again, sigh.

The great news are the flowers;) The plants have obviously hit their cruising speed and are just pumping them out. I can't kill Lady Straight, because she's got a uniquely attractive budding style, more on the sativa extreme of the spectrum than say Miss P or Beast. Moreso even than ZAmTam, who's a doll.

Ordered the two last 7 spot LED spiders for this tent to convert to full LED in a week or two, maybe sticking the 160w panel on the ceiling of the tent. Now just bulbs and fixtures and the conversion's complete and ready for summer heat:biggrin:

Old Toker

Morning, OT, you are a very kind human. I suspected as much..
You believed that crap I posted about your growing skills?:moon:DWD....you've taken naiveté to the next level. :)
Love...love those spiders. Just out of curiosity....have you ever shut down your exhaust fan and checked how high the temps would go with just the spiders? :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

You believed that crap I posted about your growing skills?:moon:DWD....you've taken naiveté to the next level. :)
Love...love those spiders. Just out of curiosity....have you ever shut down your exhaust fan and checked how high the temps would go with just the spiders? :tiphat:

Would you believe NO exhaust for the last month?;) Open window in daytime, air circulating throughout the room 24/7. I will rig intake outtake when it gets a bit hotter;)

Old Toker

Would you believe NO exhaust for the last month?;) Open window in daytime, air circulating throughout the room 24/7. I will rig intake outtake when it gets a bit hotter;)
No sh*t? That's amazing. What are your outside temps? Did I also read that you are using an open tent? :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

No sh*t? That's amazing. What are your outside temps? Did I also read that you are using an open tent? :tiphat:

I was surprised, too;) In Kali China's description it says they like heat for veg and early flower, then cooler. I can swing that, no worries:biggrin: Daytime temps have got to 80 OD, but I've got the room blacked out so I can keep the aforementioned tent open and girls well ventilated. The room was at 72 this afternoon, near the lights probably 80. All this begs the question, Why tent at all? to which I say ... there's probably a good reason.
10gal water change today, nutes at 1.7 EC with calmag bringing it to 1.8. Starting pH 5.9, though it'll drift up. I start the morning giving 2 gallons to the trough and splitting a gallon or two between the 3 gals. I give the 3 gals another in afternoon and make sure the blumats are dripping for the trough. They grow like mad overnight.

Old Toker

Let me see if I have a grasp of your grow environment. You are using a bedroom with a skylight (blacked out). No carbon filter or exhaust (until the weather warms). No AC or dehumidifier. A tent with open sides. Low wattage spiders lighting your grow and keeping temps cool enough so that all you need (currently) is an open window for fresh air. Lights on during the day, lights out at night?:tiphat:

gorilla ganja

Great thread deepwaterdude.
Nice job with the training, looks like some really healthy plants that are going to produce. I was expecting a hydro set up with that name.
What kind of smells are you getting from those girls?

Again really strong grow.

Peace GG

deepwaterdude

Let me see if I have a grasp of your grow environment. You are using a bedroom with a skylight (blacked out). No carbon filter or exhaust (until the weather warms). No AC or dehumidifier. A tent with open sides. Low wattage spiders lighting your grow and keeping temps cool enough so that all you need (currently) is an open window for fresh air. Lights on during the day, lights out at night?:tiphat:

Let's reread; uh, huh, yep, you grasp exactly;) The spiders have @100w each of LED and do get hottish, but nothing like the leaf-frying radiated heat of an uncooled HID.

Additional helpful info; 1) humidity in my area is @10-40% (40 when it rains), even indoors, so I actually have to ADD a humidifier in veg to get up to 50-70% in a sealed room. If I crack a window it falls to 30% immediately, which is fine... I don't even think of humidity in flower. Not a question. Some people believe low rh is actually beneficial to taste/potency and earlier harvest. Can't say meself, just happy not to have to deal with that one prob.

Light proofing - I had to get 42x90in "blackout panels" for my already curtained windows and in reality could use two more for absolute perfection. Days are growing longer by 3 mins a day, sunup 6h19, sundown 19h43 or so and it BLASTS around here, so gotta really work at this one while still providing air renewal, etc. These puppies are 10 bucks apiece at WalMart and work really well. Eclipse is the brand. Don't ever get "room darkening" curtains, pay the extra 2$ for the blackouts.

Temps - while we have already had a peak or two toward 80, it looks like nothing above 73 before mid-May, nights in the 30s-50s, with some 20s thrown in (%$#ucker). There's an existing/as yet unexploited 6" air intake that'll pull air from crawlspace under the room, which is excellent for hot weather, and I'll extract air through a hole cut in the cardboard I've got blacking out the open skylight.

Thanks for the kind words, GG - Again, DWD doesn't really stand for the method, more the madness;) They're taller than I thought they'd get, but SYD duped me into thinking they'd be squat, non- stretchers, so I overdid it on veg and rootspace;) There's yet more tying et al to do. Maybe bamboo stakes this time, sigh. Big plants-big buds, eh? What, me worry?:biggrin:

AT any rate, I can see unwrapping the tent's structure and just keeping the tray and the frame for the lights once the room is pitch black. I can see a future right after that where the bedroom is quickly overtaken with jungle, and new pots and lights mysteriously appear. To quote the extremely mortal Mitch Hedburg - "A bedroom is any room I go to sleep in; look, this bedroom has a toilet and a tub! This one has a fridge!"

**Smells-as I'm tying and bending, I get puffs of perfume... Lady Straight for ex. a very sugary, sweet skunk, which seems to be emblematic to the strain-you don't know whether to eat it or smoke it. The sugar is very strong.

Last edited:
G

Sorry if I misled you bro...Seems I can make a dwarf out of anything .She is my shortest plant,actually.
Also,really different cultivating methods.You are closer to hydro than soil growth rates with the bluemats and drippers.
Maybe you would feel a little better if I told you that an early dried test showed very nice potency...I'll take her down at 9 or 10 weeks (1 or 2 weeks from now).:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Sorry if I misled you bro...Seems I can make a dwarf out of anything .She is my shortest plant,actually.
Also,really different cultivating methods.You are closer to hydro than soil growth rates with the bluemats and drippers.
Maybe you would feel a little better if I told you that an early dried test showed very nice potency...I'll take her down at 9 or 10 weeks (1 or 2 weeks from now).:tiphat:

Just having fun; spreading the blame helps;) I suppose my 5-top is the same sort as yours, as you say, methods so different hard to tell. My fault I didn't factor in coco growth rate. Thanks for the pre smoke report! Any sign of the mites?

G

No,and looks like I'll shut down the tent for the summer in a couple of weeks,so I don't think they'll have a chance for a serious threat until then.At least I hope so!The thought of having an open window/tent after my shenanigans sent shivers to the back of my neck :biggrin:

deepwaterdude

No,and looks like I'll shut down the tent for the summer in a couple of weeks,so I don't think they'll have a chance for a serious threat until then.At least I hope so!The thought of having an open window/tent after my shenanigans sent shivers to the back of my neck :biggrin:

Pretty unbelievable how under control your 9-plant grow has been, mites included. Despite all my science, I end up growing pretty cowboy;)

I finished lightproofing the room and'll drop the light sched to 11.5/12.5 at 3 weeks 12/12, then 11/13 a week later. Maybe stop the stretch, heh.

deepwaterdude

They weren't up in the lights this morning, tops had just adjusted to yesterday's tying instead of popping 3" overnight. It could be, just might be, that after 2.5 weeks 12/12 stretch is abating. Lady Straight grew a bit and got retied and Zammy Tammy's got a lot of upward energy, but the fatter styled plants- Miss P, Beast and 5-top, seem to be well in place. Lady straight has a very different style to the Fat 3; longer pistoled buds farther from the mainstem, much more so than ZamTam, whom I would already call on the sativa side of the spectrum. Miss P is the only one to show obvious trichs at the moment. Can't wait to be able to take pics at 3 weeks, and glad it's in 3 more days so they'll be even more developed;)

ATM they've been sitting in a mix of 1/2 light coco mix-1/2 precharged coco mix. I found the mix light in nutes and so top dressed with the strong one today. I'm going to reduce EC to 1.0 as I saw a slight negative reaction to the 1.9 feedings and they'll get a shot from the new "soil".

G

Nice to hear they decided to take it easy with stretching.Now you can place a recliner in front of the tent and enjoy:)...Still gonna drop the sched?

Good for you for deciding to post pics only once a week,you really don't want to fill your album space and have to upload from a different host:whistling:,such a pain.

Now I got a little mixed up...Since you feed constantly,why the need to amend the soil?Sorry about the noob question :eek::

Can't wait to see them!:tiphat:

Last edited: