What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

Thanks for the detailed info on the lights. Just bought a bunch of 60 w equivalent bulbs for a buck a piece 9.5 w and 800 lumens. Guess I should mix them in with some brighter bulbs for better effect. I was wondering which ones to get the 100 w equivalent bulbs can be up to $20 bucks each.

Peace GG

Ooo, you've been checking out the GEs;) I can get them for 10$ per, but it's twice as much as the excellent Great Values. And at the hardware store as opposed to the evil Walmart, bulbs tend to be 2x as much also.

deepwaterdude

All righty, 2nd day on new nutes, EC 1.3 after 1.0 yesterday. I'm gonna keep it low and frequent for this week. There's 1/2 tsp per gal of liquid koolbloom in there, which at a higher EC is what I think closed the girls off, started them on ripening; all except Lady S and maybe 5-top, both of whom are doing well. Should be said that the other three plants are almost a week older than these two, who set their flowers last.
Lady S's buds are starting to rival Miss P's in size, though spear shaped instead of golfball. SHe's the fruitiest of the lot, and I'm VERY glad I didn't kill her to give Zam Tam more room. ZAm is not fruity, she's meaty, dank, surprising for her thin buds.

Anyway, here da proof. They're at 39 days since flip. I may have found a nanner on Miss P, but unless she gets the full operation, she's staying in.

Here are group shots, Beast and 5-top. rest part 2

Attachments

• 3 gals.jpg
    3 gals.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01692.jpg
    DSC01692.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Tent left.jpg
    Tent left.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Tent right.jpg
    Tent right.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3 girls in 3x3.jpg
    3 girls in 3x3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01695.jpg
    DSC01695.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Cat hair crown.jpg
    Cat hair crown.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 12
  • Purpling a bit.jpg
    Purpling a bit.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01691.jpg
    DSC01691.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01689.jpg
    DSC01689.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11

deepwaterdude

39 days 12/12 part deux

39 days 12/12 part deux

The trough girls; they're the ones showing the slowdown the most. Contributing factors are probably the fact that they often sit in runoff as the trough is not raised like the 3 gals were. It's easier now that the 3 gals are out to judge how much the trough needs for correct runoff, and they don't sit in their sister's waste water anymore (or their own, as I'm on high alert). Judging by their leaves, they've got just enough food for a tad of tip burn, yet not the upward vigor I associate with coco when it's on the rails. It's the old, they're not starving, yet they're not getting enough food. Amounts to too much of something present so locking out something else, or impossibility of uptake, which sounds like pH. This'll put the "pH perfect" part of the Sensi to the test;) Anyway, no worries, lots of buds, a month or more to swell.

OT, I'm considering a small AC. Even the Spring desert sun is murder and I don't want to switch to PM "daytime" in fear of screwing more with their hormones. Have to see if my crappy wiring can take more load. How much does yours cost to run per month?

Gooday all, enjoy the frost and the purpling calyxes;) Here're ZamTam, Miss P and Lady S in that order. HPS pics ;(

Attachments

• 2 front tops.jpg
    2 front tops.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Stinky:dank.jpg
    Stinky:dank.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01705.jpg
    DSC01705.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01706.jpg
    DSC01706.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Smallest buds of all 5.jpg
    Smallest buds of all 5.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Very sparkly cola, producing good buds.jpg
    Very sparkly cola, producing good buds.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 18
  • More Lady S.jpg
    More Lady S.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2 front Lady S tops.jpg
    2 front Lady S tops.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01707.jpg
    DSC01707.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 11

Buddler

Veteran
Dude I never measure ec or ppms in sensi as shes all buffered kiss the calmag goodbye Koolbloom can extend flowering time if I used too much.By no means tellin you how to grow bro just my own experience ..Very nice plants .T:)hanks for the show.

Bud

deepwaterdude

Dude I never measure ec or ppms in sensi as shes all buffered kiss the calmag goodbye Koolbloom can extend flowering time if I used too much.By no means tellin you how to grow bro just my own experience ..Very nice plants .T:)hanks for the show.

Bud

By all means, bro, tell me! Especially with the new nutes... you go full strength both A and B? And extending flowering time, if more flowers, OK with me;) I'm real light on it at the moment. 1/4 strength. Probably have to quit it in a week anyway. Are you adding Big Bud or any equivalent? or straight base nutes?

Old Toker

OT, I'm considering a small AC. Even the Spring desert sun is murder and I don't want to switch to PM "daytime" in fear of screwing more with their hormones. Have to see if my crappy wiring can take more load. How much does yours cost to run per month?(
As usual DWD.....your girls look great even if you've overfed them a bit. I think your ability to quickly recognize an issue....and to address it before it gets out of hand....is partially why you do so well with your grows. That along with excellent Ace genetics.....and of large measure of blind f'n luck. :)

I'm using the following 12k BTU AC which I bought new from HD last Fall.
http://www.frigidaire.com/Home-Comfort/Air-Conditioning/Window-Mounted-AC/FFRE1233S1/
Hard to precisely put a dollar cost on this AC as I've also been running the 1000w ballast. Plus had a smart meter replaced by the electric co. and replaced with a NEW smart meter. Needless to say that filled my heart with joy and paranoia. Anyway....my wife and I have been tracking our electrical costs pretty closely since I started my sativa abuse program...and our electric costs have only increased by about $50 per month. Keep in mind this is Florida.....and in our house we use central AC almost everyday. At least in my grow......not having AC and a dehumidifier was just not an option.
Fortunately it sounds as though your climate is more favorable to not needing an AC most of the year. Still....I'm not sure if there is anyplace in the USA that you can grow inside during the Summer without AC. Maybe in a basement? Anyway....hope that info helps. Good luck with the grow. :tiphat:

G

Girls are looking great to me D :)

Regarding the ph perfect issue,I think only full strenght in RO gives the 5.8 ph.With tap water (7.6 ph )and half strength base I hit 6,3 I think.What I 've also read somewhere (but could be total BS :biggrin: ),is that their celated product makes nute uptake available in wider ph spectrum.Really don't know.I've had grows without calibrating ph with this line with no probs.

Dude,5-tops is gonna be a hammer...Very similar to mine.You may find find another killer pheno(which I also believe you will),but this one rules for sure.I'd boost her for the next 2-3 weeks and then get her ready...:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Thanks fellas, good to have outside perspective:tiphat: I see them too often.

Thanks for the link, OT. I have my doubts about the load my electric can handle, as I just popped the fuse cooking a pizza in my toaster oven;) Turned off the 600 while it cooks, sigh. Next grow I will have to get serious and set up the light proof 5x5 to go light on at night, take some worries off my mind.

Syd, 5-top is a fatty;) She's another that has taken things rather well. Can't imagine how wide her tops will be in a month:biggrin:. AS for the sensi, in rainwater it brought it down to 5.4 or something, which I phd back up. I'm aware of the chelated nature of their stuff, and am counting on it;)

Old Toker

I'm aware of the chelated nature of their stuff, and am counting on it;)
Thought about using this myself....but thought it must be BS otherwise everyone would use it and quit screwing around testing/adjusting PH. Glad you are taking one for the team DWD.....I'll be interested in seeing how it works out. :tiphat:

Buddler

Veteran
AS for the sensi, in rainwater it brought it down to 5.4 or something, which I phd back up.
Dude My ph up is collecting dust long as your water is between 4 and 8 Don't adjust PH .I know I did the same thing but that's what the chelates do .I use tapwater Sensi half throttle some silica ,big bud, carbs , koolbloom late in flower.Thats my recipe these days.Switching half way thru a grow is not fair to the shit run it from the get go then tell us what you think. :) Just my opinion take it with a grain of salt .

B

deepwaterdude

Thought about using this myself....but thought it must be BS otherwise everyone would use it and quit screwing around testing/adjusting PH. Glad you are taking one for the team DWD.....I'll be interested in seeing how it works out. :tiphat:

Just my selfless nature, OT;)

Buddler, many thanks for the recipe, that'll get me started. Seems like both you and Syd go half strength on base plus a coupla additives. I can handle that:biggrin: dwd

akirabull

nice healthy plants ,interesting thread and settings. i have also kc x zam beens, i will try next run and i 'm super curious to see how they finish.

deepwaterdude

nice healthy plants ,interesting thread and settings. i have also kc x zam beens, i will try next run and i 'm super curious to see how they finish.

Hi, akirabull, thanks for stopping in;) Syd seems to think this is a pretty potent strain, so I'd so go ahead and pop. Really nice fruity smells I've got in week six, and the plants range from squat and thick to long and lean but good yielding, depending maybe on rootspace.

The girls are sugaring up big time. 6 weeks complete in 2 days. The EC of trough runoff is 1.9 this morning with a 1 EC feed. MUCH better, even if just an idea of what's going on. It tells me that when I had all 5 in the tent, I wasn't getting enough runoff from the trough. 3 gals are cleaner in contrast. I'm pretty sure 1 month maximum to harvest for most. Which is timely;0) Brings me to my next topic.

I have less than one zip of 6+ month aged Panama. The Lemon is gone, and this bit left is the chunky, golden mother of the dwc Pam, who's also gone. I have much of Big Pink left, but she's not nearly as agreeable as her sisters were. So I'm rediscovering Bangi Haze and NepJam.
My NepJam was harvested last September, very crystally and now, pretty strong. Heavy lidded stuff, but energetic. Maybe my most balanced smoke, a bit stronger or stonier than the Tikal, the other very balanced smoke I have left. This NepJam clone is much less nauseatingly caramel than her mother and had great bud structure. No bag appeal because I didn't care about it, but tons of crystal and not too much leaf with minimal trim. Glad to have this potent stash.

The Tikal is among the three that I'm smoking more lately, 2 harvested same time as the NepJam. It is not to smoke before work, as it really puts me in another space and lasts for many hours although with an unnoticeable landing. I associate this herb with the blood red light that drapes itself over the landscape in late afternoon. Seems to color my vision... Definitely soulful.

Last is the Bangi that I've talked about a bit recently. Great smelling, tickles the undereyes weirdly, very green color and good bud structure and crystal. Oddly potent, seems to stack up after multiple "applications". (OT, don't ask to what it's being applied-remember Too Many $!#@ on the Dance Floor? There are things you don't wanna know:biggrin:)

Here's a before harvest pic of the NepJam I'm puffing on. Did I mention it's strong? Got a grip on my temples. Wowoo what a difference a cure makes.

Good day all, confirmed 2 nanners on Miss P, but she hasn't asked for her own bathroom yet.

Attachments

• NJ Last rays of sun.jpg
    NJ Last rays of sun.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 11
  • NJ Good'n ready (note male flower).jpg
    NJ Good'n ready (note male flower).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 16
  • NepJam Honey.jpg
    NepJam Honey.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 14

Borderliner

I have less than one zip of 6+ month aged Panama. The Lemon is gone, and this bit left is the chunky, golden mother of the dwc Pam, who's also gone. I have much of Big Pink left, but she's not nearly as agreeable as her sisters were. So I'm rediscovering Bangi Haze and NepJam.
My NepJam was harvested last September, very crystally and now, pretty strong. Heavy lidded stuff, but energetic. Maybe my most balanced smoke, a bit stronger or stonier than the Tikal, the other very balanced smoke I have left. This NepJam clone is much less nauseatingly caramel than her mother and had great bud structure. No bag appeal because I didn't care about it, but tons of crystal and not too much leaf with minimal trim. Glad to have this potent stash.

The Tikal is among the three that I'm smoking more lately, 2 harvested same time as the NepJam. It is not to smoke before work, as it really puts me in another space and lasts for many hours although with an unnoticeable landing. I associate this herb with the blood red light that drapes itself over the landscape in late afternoon. Seems to color my vision... Definitely soulful.

Last is the Bangi that I've talked about a bit recently. Great smelling, tickles the undereyes weirdly, very green color and good bud structure and crystal. Oddly potent, seems to stack up after multiple "applications". (OT, don't ask to what it's being applied-remember Too Many $!#@ on the Dance Floor? There are things you don't wanna know:biggrin:)

Here's a before harvest pic of the NepJam I'm puffing on. Did I mention it's strong? Got a grip on my temples. Wowoo what a difference a cure makes.

Good day all, confirmed 2 nanners on Miss P, but she hasn't asked for her own bathroom yet.

dwd, appreciate the report of the differences among your smoke. Tikal sounds good to me as well as the NepJam.

Just started back smoking couple yrs ago but grew up in the 60's and remember a lot of electric weed that was usually trippy and really good stuff $40/lid was psychedelic.:tiphat:

...ACE seeds has more strains sounding like weed of the 60's and 70's

deepwaterdude

6 weeks 12/12 update

6 weeks 12/12 update

Thanks fellas, true about the passion, even to a fault;) And I'd kill for a time machine to bring me back to cali in the 70's for one of those 40$lids of tripweed:tiphat:.

Cold nights, cool days, luckily, enabling me to keep the temps down in 60s as recommended for later flower for KC strains. Nutes at 1.2 EC, with .2 being KoolBloom 0-10-10. Runoff much better under 2.0 for everyone, which leads me to believe I'll be able to flush correctly. Here's the verbal state of affairs, followed by the pictorial:

More nanners on Miss P; I've found about 4 sets, 3 on the biggest tops and one lower down, which means I can do all I want to "control" the pollen, I'm still gonna have some seeds. Have to find my trusty tweezers and hope plucking won't inspire more crossdressing. No worries, seeds of this strain mighty welcome, just not too many, heh. The bottom buds of this lady are drool inspiring and starting to close off. With the appearance of nanners, she also stopped producing female flowers for the most part. If I can get her another 2-2.5 weeks, that could do it.

You can see their sugar, and that Beast is getting close already to flush time. May have been colder during PM out of the tent, or that's her nature. I know there are some 8-9 weekers in the KC breeding lines, #21 I think, and I hope this is one. ZamTam looks like line 22, just not as beefy as I'd hoped she'd get. Miss P also follows this style and probably 5-top, who's a bit behind the others and looking very fat. Less reddening hairs for her and Lady S, who's still going pretty strong. Maybe one more week of feeding and start the flush.

Lady S has 10 tops beside her cola that I can see, distributed to all corners of the tent and growing into spearlike buds. She's becoming a huge favorite for her fruitiness, crystal and "keep on truckin'" grow style, and her yield potential. 5-top is also very smelly, but skunkier with fruit and sugar. Can't wait to see her revealed during fade.

Piclets: Pics 1-3 Miss P, 4 Zamtam, 5-7 Lady S, 8-10 Beast, then more Beast and 5-top in part2.

Attachments

• DSC01716.jpg
    DSC01716.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01717.jpg
    DSC01717.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01718.jpg
    DSC01718.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01720.jpg
    DSC01720.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01721.jpg
    DSC01721.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01729.jpg
    DSC01729.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01728.jpg
    DSC01728.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01726.jpg
    DSC01726.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01725.jpg
    DSC01725.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01722.jpg
    DSC01722.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

6 weeks since light change, part 2

6 weeks since light change, part 2

First one is Beast up close then four of 5-top...who's a beast;) They look OK to me, underdeveloped but tasty nonetheless. I'm hoping for good swell these next 2 weeks. I'm sorry no better pics of ZAmTam or Lady S, too lazy to retake;) This is my first grow with so much cat around, and man the camera is unkind about it.

Attachments

• DSC01727.jpg
    DSC01727.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01730.jpg
    DSC01730.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01733.jpg
    DSC01733.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01731.jpg
    DSC01731.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01732.jpg
    DSC01732.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 11

Buddler

Veteran
Howdy DWD when u say cat you talkin hair like Velcro to the plants ? Some of your ladies look like fast finishers,which is refreshings after waiting 3 mths for gt to finish.Beauties Mate..B

deepwaterdude

Howdy DWD when u say cat you talkin hair like Velcro to the plants ? Some of your ladies look like fast finishers,which is refreshings after waiting 3 mths for gt to finish.Beauties Mate..B

For the cat hair, let's just say that every time I look close at the tops, there are ten that I see and try and take off, all the while standing in front of a fan knowing full well my clothes are the source of the problem;)

I hope what you say is right about a couple finishing fast, and yeah, super happy to not go over the ten week line maybe:biggrin: After this res of 1.2 EC is done today, I'll cut off Beast and start long flush. The ones in the trough are gonna go longer and get fed another week or so, same with 5-top, start flush maybe beginning week 7.5.

It's snowing out, blizzardlike, and lows at night in the high 20s, fer crissake. Great for daytime temps in the 65s, have to heat again at night.

Miss Ps few nanners are getting absorbed into the buds, very difficult to get at now and don't seem to be releasing pollen so nature takes its course and I don't intercede. ZamTam is the only one whose hairs are still all white, which makes me more curious about what she'll do over the next few weeks.

Sensi question (if anyone's read this far): I'm guessing you guys drop the Nitrogen at some point around here?

Borderliner

dwd good news no pollen from them! Stopped feeding mine nitrogen wk 10 which may have been too early as I let my zams go to 16 wks.:tiphat: