What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

:woohoo: Looking stellar bro!
Be careful with the spots when the budding starts,had some crisping on some tops,had to back up...

Hey, I was just on your thread;) No doubt about the LEDs; that's why I turned down the HPS. I've got the arrays about 20cm (8") from tops.

Sorry about the pests, bro, you'll get 'em. Your plants don't look worse off, our Zam x KC is looking stellar, as are the others;) If my ZAM x KC have the same budding style as yours, I'll be a very happy Mr Big McNuggets:biggrin:.

deepwaterdude

@OT - Good idea for the eyes on the spiders... I could probably find some of those googly puppet eyes... but I'd never visit my grow again with four spiders in there at 10"diameter! Nor would any sane bug, though.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for first flowers in 4 days. Yup, 4 days, not at all random, and I told the girls just that. "Flosers in 4!", I said. Then as they just stood there playing dumb, I reiterated sans toothpick, "Flowers, 4 days, or else". Many eye rolls later we agreed they'd flower when I got things right consistently for a certain period of time; in this case being 2 weeks. They drive a hard bargain, and I think they were trying to provoke me.

I do have quite a cloning operation, pretty badass actually; right now I have the 6 million clones in a glass of water by my bathroom window, until I decide to transfer them to some rooting medium. It sucks, because, as you must imagine, they drain the glass 200,000 times a day, so I'm constantly on call.

orfeas

Veteran
Well, here you have 'em, Sir. I feel like they already reacted to the light sched and room darkening. I'm hoping they won't tergiverse around and flower two weeks from now;) Yep, tergiverse. Not English.

Almost a shame to flower them, they look so good in veg:tiphat:

The blumats are mostly off these days, with 2 gal handwatering for the trough in the AM and a 1/2 gal each for the 3 gal girls, right now at 1.5 EC 1/2 Bloom, 1/2 Grow. Miss Perfect, who's outgrown everyone else in there, seems to be asking for more and in flower will definitely get it. Bring it on, just TRY and outgrow me. ANyway, no more feeding than that at the moment, because they're VERY vigorous and I can't keep up with the $#@ branching. I'm up to about 6,000,000 clones. Less N will help a bit and cutting it out might help them go to flower sometime this month;)

Inferential thinking led me to sussing out why your plants are kicking... research has shown people tend to behave themselves when watched... now these spiders must be what lush growth is attributed to...not your green fingers :)

Greetings from the Holy Mountain!

:tiphat:Orpheus

deepwaterdude

Inferential thinking led me to sussing out why your plants are kicking... research has shown people tend to behave themselves when watched... now these spiders must be what lush growth is attributed to...not your green fingers :)

Greetings from the Holy Mountain!

:tiphat:Orpheus

:tiphat: Right back atcha, orfeas of the Mountain! It only matters to me that you think they're kicking butt;)

deepwaterdude

Ey've got me eyes on you, Zammy Tam!

Ey've got me eyes on you, Zammy Tam!

Really interesting how they're all going to flower together but everyone is very different to my eyes. 2 days sounds about right for flowers, already many pistils, but looks like they'll cross the line as ZAmTam, Straight Lady, Beast, 5-top and Miss Perfect bringing up the rear.
Miss P has become an amazon, and I swear she's been treated the same as everyone, so curious how she'll flower compared to the others. She's the only one that makes me nervous about space, which probably makes me stupid;)
The Beast is exactly that, much like Miss P with shorter internodes and is stocking up to flower indica style. :peacock:
5-top is shorter, also much shorter branched, good looking stocky plant. I've pruned her the least, but you'll see the others still have much more branching.
Lady Straight is very attractive and has very long internodes like Miss P. I took two long side branches from her today.
I included photos of a regular/light trimming session, just 6 big leaves and a few clones.

This "Eye on you" stalker post features Zammy Tammy. The surprise with her is that she's NOT stretching almost at all, although producing many a branch, alternating internodes and shooting pistils before the rest. She and Miss P have many second tier branches that I don't want to cull-if they should stop stretching;)

Here dey is.

Attachments

• April 13-yikes, yet on target.jpg
    April 13-yikes, yet on target.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 5-top.jpg
    5-top.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Lady Straight and her tops.jpg
    Lady Straight and her tops.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 16
  • ZamTam from top.jpg
    ZamTam from top.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Canopy about to blow.jpg
    Canopy about to blow.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Zam x KC leaf.jpg
    Zam x KC leaf.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 17
  • ZamTam side.jpg
    ZamTam side.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 11
  • ZamTam close.jpg
    ZamTam close.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Today's bouquet of clones.jpg
    Today's bouquet of clones.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 14

deepwaterdude

2 months from seed update

2 months from seed update

Light change was April 5, tightened about 5 days ago to true 12/12. Some've been stretching like MAD over the last couple of days. 5 top remains smallish but robust, like syd's. Did a little experiment and left the blumats to drip pretty strongly overnight and came back to bigger plants than usual and runoff on the tent floor. It's turning into an Alfred E Neuman grow; What, me worry? Miss Perfect's necks are very pliable, still, so I may bend/supercrop her, which would spread her basically all over the tent. Don't know if I want to go there yet;) I'm getting a 4 pack of 14w LED bulbs to fill out the spiders minus 2 middles. I've got the HID on 430w.

I included a pic of the plants at 3-4 weeks, probably just after they went in the coco. Anyway, were I a wiser grower looking at them and with this grow method/medium, I'd say it would be excellent to go 3 gal and contain the height/internode length a bit. At least with 5 plants. I could have scrogged 3 in the trough with great success, just wound them all over the tent; 5 complicates things;)

Beast is 26in over the medium, Zam Tam 29in, Miss P and Lady straight 40in (1m10) and lastly, 5-top at around 16in I hope to be able to still see in a week. I prefer Beast's size for my own anxiety levels. To give you an idea, on 4/8, one week ago, Miss P was 24" over her medium, now 40", Zammy was at 19 or 20", now 29".

Attachments

• 5 tops of 5-top.jpg
    5 tops of 5-top.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 17
  • The Beast.jpg
    The Beast.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-looks like 3 gal pots ideal.jpg
    2-looks like 3 gal pots ideal.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 1-Tent at 2 mos from seed.jpg
    1-Tent at 2 mos from seed.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 12
  • At repot @5weeks ago.jpg
    At repot @5weeks ago.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Left canopy.jpg
    Left canopy.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Right canopy.jpg
    Right canopy.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 13
  • 4 Mains et al of fave ZamTam.jpg
    4 Mains et al of fave ZamTam.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Lady Straight down the middle.jpg
    Lady Straight down the middle.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 16
  • The Amazon Miss Perfect.jpg
    The Amazon Miss Perfect.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

deepwaterdude

:yoinks:You're cruising bro!:dance013:

Excellent skills,they look so beautiful!

Thanks brother, can't get over it myself. Spend MUCH too much time with these girls in veg just gandering. Good news is I've only taken one branch a day from the tent for a couple of days. I'm slowly cutting myself off from cutting. Tops and lowers are finding light.

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Had to break some necks

Had to break some necks

I second that they look great dude:biggrin:

Thanks Budd, I credit the genes and the coco more than anything else;)

I'm a little deflated/anxious as I supercropped Miss P and Straight Lady; crunch, twist and lay over. Canopy is more even, and I switched out the cooltube for a higher open 400hps. Very warm, so I may switch that out w/the 160wLED panel that'll cover the center 2x2. Anyhoo, here's what they look like right after crop, I'm praying to the gods they won't punish me for this one.

Attachments

• Miss P and Lady Striaght, humbled.jpg
    Miss P and Lady Striaght, humbled.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
  • May the lord of cannabis be kind....jpg
    May the lord of cannabis be kind....jpg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • Canopy just after supercrop.jpg
    Canopy just after supercrop.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Light config-open 400w+390w LED.jpg
    Light config-open 400w+390w LED.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 20

Buddler

Veteran
Don't worry they will turn into nice big buds probly have to bend them again are u using trellis at all ? good stuff.B

deepwaterdude

Day after supercrop+bangi haze notes

Day after supercrop+bangi haze notes

Don't worry they will turn into nice big buds probly have to bend them again are u using trellis at all ? good stuff.B

You're right, Buddler, they appreciated the reshaping, recovered and bushed out nicely. Phew;) No trellis, but I've thought about scrogging the back 3. That said, they look like they're hardening up. Canopy gives me a serious boner.

After 12 days of 12/12 (ish) they're all basically in flower, except maybe 5-top, who's slower. She was the bean I thought wasn't going to make it, may have something to do with her semi-dwarfism.
I've upped the HID to 600w to be able to lift the spiders a bit and get better coverage... The Kali China is supposed to like intensity/heat in early flower, and this'll do for the moment, but am ordering a couple more spiders, I think 5-way splitters instead of 7, to cover the middle of the tent and Get rid of the HID, which could be a decent t-shirt.

Man they look good setting their buds; great work/selection, my compliments to the Ace crew. One of the two Zam x KC beans I have left will be a small outdoor plant this summer. The sun does wonders; my green lemon soda panama diosa outdoors is the best smoke in the cabinet. Beat indoor mom.

I want to say a word about the Bangi Haze I grew indoors, harvested November 4. I still have +3oz. as I found her a bit anxiety producing for the first hour or so, uncomfortable. She is also the best smelling pot ever when smoked-though she was garlicky in flower. There's also some lemon there. Anyway, I upped the dose the other day, and she is STRONG. Surprised me enough to push the ashtray away a few times. Other people I've given a sample have not had any anxiety, so it's me on this one. Nice plant, vegged outdoors. Coupla pics harvest day.

Attachments

• Last pistils.jpg
    Last pistils.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 16
  • BH-How she grew.jpg
    BH-How she grew.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Bangi Nov 4.jpg
    Bangi Nov 4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Beast.jpg
    Beast.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Lady Crooked.jpg
    Lady Crooked.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Cropped area-very nice reaction.jpg
    Cropped area-very nice reaction.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 16
  • New Canopy.jpg
    New Canopy.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Day 12 since light change-Day after supercrop.jpg
    Day 12 since light change-Day after supercrop.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ZamTam.jpg
    ZamTam.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 5-top.jpg
    5-top.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 12

Old Toker

Plants are looking fantastic DWD. Those Ace genetics, along with your world renown growing skills, really seem to be producing.:tiphat:
..I upped the dose the other day, and she is STRONG. Surprised me enough to push the ashtray away a few times.
DWD pushing the ashtray away....what is the world coming to?:)

Ras Pablo

Veteran
The look awesome deepwaterdude!

I hope you're ready for what's coming next.... I think some serious colas :jerkit:

Best vibes

deepwaterdude

The look awesome deepwaterdude!

I hope you're ready for what's coming next.... I think some serious colas :jerkit:

Best vibes

Hey, Ras, thanks for the good vibes! It does look like these puppies want to perform;)

@OT-Good to hear you're back and all's well in the jungle room!

G

Man,they look like they're going berserk !:biggrin:They barely noticed the bending,eh?

What about penetration with the leds?Maybe more pruning/lollipopping
would help with those tall gals of yours if the HID is getting out.(yeah,cool t-shirt alright!)Whatcha think?

I regret not getting Banghi after your report,but I had to leave something out!Sounds/looks killer !

deepwaterdude

Man,they look like they're going berserk !:biggrin:They barely noticed the bending,eh?

What about penetration with the leds?Maybe more pruning/lollipopping
would help with those tall gals of yours if the HID is getting out.(yeah,cool t-shirt alright!)Whatcha think?

I regret not getting Banghi after your report,but I had to leave something out!Sounds/looks killer !

Hey, syd, yep, Miss P and Lady S were getting carried away, so I had to take measures, but I almost feel like they thanked me for it. There's one branch on Miss P that I may have taken too far and had to bandage. No worries, they seem to be steaming along, like you say;)

As to penetration, I find that the LEDs are actually better than the 600 when I get them down close to the tops, @15cm or so. Also, the plants are stripped so there's I think less than a foot of plant material to penetrate, and as the littler tops are all getting to the light, more power to 'em. Those that don't find a place get pinched. Again, if I knew the strain took it well, i'd lollipop like hell, but they're just starting to flower, hormones are flowing and I'm satisfied with the canopy... which is a massive understatement for the AWE with which I regard its abundant resilience and great health;)

This canopy at this point in its evolution is like having a huge rainbow trout on the line; it's exactly why you're standing in the river shivering, but when it starts to run, you're freaked because you know you're in for a wild ride.

G

This canopy at this point in its evolution is like having a huge rainbow trout on the line; it's exactly why you're standing in the river shivering, but when it starts to run, you're freaked because you know you're in for a wild ride.

Yep,I know the feeling.Not with trouts,but you hit the spot :)

You got me covered with your answer regarding penetration,better let them do their thing now.:good:

As you said,to say you're just satisfied would be a great understatement...:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts