What's new

10lbs 4oz under 4kw's grown with next to nothing - K.I.S.S.!!!!!!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

I still am waiting for someone to tell me how I can improve my grow.

Man were those haters trying to put grief on me in the past...but still have been unable to show me their own grows achieving results anywhere near mine!
Or how to improve my grow.

What you see below was grown with a total of $3 in fertilizer and in ProMix HP under 4kw's.

From my original thread: Strainhunters Island Style Grow - update!

Final pics of the indoor stuff.

Final tally: 10lbs 4oz = 1.16 grams/watt

4,650 gram @ 4kw & Co2 & my K.I.S.S method @ 1.16 grams per watt.

Rock hard super tight stuff.
BabyA will confirm this...once he wakes up from the delirium this put him in smoking this once we were done with the final trimming!
wave.gif

Pics taken by BabyA! Thanks Buddy!
:good:

20oz Soda bottle, could not find a Coke can.
wink.gif

picture.php

picture.php

Rowdy420

Nice work Strainhunter! I've been pulling down 2 plus elbows per rotation with out my CO2 hooked up (too stinking hot!). I cycle every full/ new moon with 4K also, with 3x3 trays under each 1K. Do you have to sit on that quantity or does the island you live have that much demand? Your full on HARD MODE!

Good luck, Peace

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Nice work Strainhunter! I've been pulling down 2 plus elbows per rotation with out my CO2 hooked up (too stinking hot!). I cycle every full/ new moon with 4K also, with 3x3 trays under each 1K. Do you have to sit on that quantity or does the island you live have that much demand? Your full on HARD MODE!

Good luck, Peace

Check my thread, get the same water cooled CO2 Generator I have.
Totally awesome, just barely warm air coming out!

There are quiet a few islands around where I live, some much bigger than most of the others.
My grows are publicly supported grows, depending on how much money supporting individuals put in my grow they are entitled to a percentage of herb in return.
What ever I have in excess I can use to my own discretion.

Yah`mon

Excellent bro! Haters gonna hate, most of the time it's jealousy!

What a nice mound o buds ya got there.

Yah`mon:tiphat:

Rowdy420

Yep, I have a chiller and water cooled CO2 generator also, the only way to stay cool! I need to update my electrical panel with a 200 amper soon especially in the summer months beating the heat. Super jealous of the island life your living, just don't think it's cut out for a Viking like myself ( I really like the winter time!) I'll catch up with you on your other thread.

Good luck, Peace

Who's hatin foo?

GrowForIt

Forget the haters, they're just jealous, when they see someone pulling weight like that and keeping it simple it pisses them off because they've been wasting their money grow after grow on all the magic ingredients. Hah! It's easier to bash then it is to admit they were wrong!

Nice pile of nugs u got there!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
sweet!

please, for quick reference, plant #'s and veg time??

56 plants and 4 weeks veg from clone.
However they already were about 10" when I put them in their 2 Gallon nursery pots since they were sitting in their 18oz cups for 2 months. (I don't keep moms, I make clones from the trimmings when lollipopping the plants the day I put them on 12/12)

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Whats strains are you growing? Nice pull by the way

Sensi Seeds Northern Light (expensive but think about it...well worth the return!) :good:

Got 20 seeds some time back, grew out the 15 resulting fems, kept 4 moms, took clones from them, grew out the moms and kept the clones form the one mom I liked most and that's what you see in the grows.

No moms for me anymore, I take clones from the trim the day I put the vegged plants in to 12/12, once the clones rooted in RR's I keep them in 18oz cups for 8 weeks which is how long the flowering time for the grow is.
Then transplant those clones in to 2 Gallon nursery pots and veg them for about a month.

Then it's back to how it started as you can read in the paragraph right above this.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hi, strainhunter! great grow! you have skills. i lived the island life for 20 years as a diver. saw incredible things and had fantastic adventures. i primarily captured and exported live marine specimens. love the ocean.

you did ask for suggestions on how to improve your grow and i have a few to share with you.

first, while jack's classic is great stuff, go to www.jrpeterslab.com, click on specialty chemicals, and you will see jack's hydroponic special 5-12-26 and calcium nitrate. i grew a 22 oz plant with it at 600 ppm on a .5 meter. this is for life from the beginning of veg to harvest. they give several different methods of mixing but i have been mixing at the ratio of 1 part jack's hydro to .67 of a part of calcium nitrate by ppm. for example 600 ppm is made with 360 ppm jack's and 240 ppm calcinit. a ratio of 1/.67. 750 ppm is 450 ppm jack's and 300 ppm calcinit and so on. these two products used this way get you 150-52-215 which is close to the 3-1-4 npk ratio that is based upon recent tissue analysis. i should mention that i use no other products.

second, i think that if you were to raise the containers slightly and insert a polyester wick at least 2" up into the medium and water to slight run off it would drain the perched water table and provide a little more usable root space in those 2 gal pots. it will also increase o2 in the root zone and help control salt build up. my 22 oz plant was grown in a 3.5 gal container with 3 gals of medium.

the last thing i will mention for your consideration is to hang your bulbs vertically keeping the center of the light even with the center of plant mass. this really helps control stretch. i realize that you have plants on every square foot of your space and that you would have to run fewer plants using the bulbs vertically but i think you would make it up in yield.

well, just a few ideas for you.

later, d9

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

well, just a few ideas for you.

later, d9

Here we go, that's what I'm talking about!

Will see how quick I can get that stuff & will try it on a few plants first.

My well water alone has 950PPM already so I gotta be a bit careful there.

:thank you:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Here we go, that's what I'm talking about!

Will see how quick I can get that stuff & will try it on a few plants first.

My well water alone has 950PPM already so I gotta be a bit careful there.

:thank you:

950? holy shit, that's liquid rock! i would strongly suggest you send in a water sample to jrpeterslab and have them make a recommendation. i think it cost 36 bucks.

the jack's hydro special is designed for ro water mixed as per instructions but several people are using it with 100-120 ppm water with no problems.

they will give you mixing instructions designed around your water source.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
950? holy shit, that's liquid rock! i would strongly suggest you send in a water sample to jrpeterslab and have them make a recommendation. i think it cost 36 bucks.

Yeah I know...it comes from a deep well.

Remember I am surrounded by an ocean....about 35,000PPM!

So 950PPM by natural filtration is great.

Sending in a sample is not an option for me, however I have this fancy RO system coming.
I just don't know when it will get here.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Yeah I know...it comes from a deep well.

Remember I am surrounded by an ocean....about 35,000PPM!

So 950PPM by natural filtration is great.

Sending in a sample is not an option for me, however I have this fancy RO system coming.
I just don't know when it will get here.

i use a ro filter with the jack's and never get any displays or spotting/discoloration. my water supply is from a surface river in heavy limestone country. in the wet season it could be as low as 200 ppm but in the dry times it can read 360-375. it changes daily so a ro filter was the only option.