What's new

Strainhunters Island Style Grow - update!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

I figured I'll throw in a little update how things are going.

Was away a lot traveling but been back to my island now for a while and started back doing "things" lol

What's my set-up?

What am I doing here?

How is it here?

Am I crazy? :crazy: lol

Check here for answers & more:
Strainhunter's Island Style "Mystery Grow"

Got some 57 Sensi Seeds Northern Light clones kicking. <<<<< Psssssst >>>>> Yes YOU can order your own seed stock there! ;)

Insane stuff.

Grows insanely fast.

Yields like crazy.

Knocks the sh!t out of you.

(The generator guy is not allowed to smoke this strain anymore while "on duty", NOT a joke! Read more about him in the ABOVE link)

A (very) quick "run down" >>> I am using ONE commercial very high grade fertilizer (actually it's two - one for vegging, the other for flowering).

Growing medium is ProMix HP (30% Perlite).

This time NO 3 Gallon SmartPots like in the last run in the ABOVE link.
2 Gallon plastic nursery pots instead. Someone donated me a shipment of them.

Here's a pic.

More to follow as things are developing!

And as always: K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Do NOT let anyone fool you in to "You need to buy 34 units of ABCDEFG...XYZ fertilizer-add-on-turbo-this-and-that".

You can get MAX YIELDS just like I do with JUST ONE FERTILIZER and adequate light/watering!

It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!

Just ask here or rather read my main grow journal here: Strainhunter's Island Style "Mystery Grow"

Let's start out with a SensiSeeds Northern Light clone @ 10 days
You DON'T need no fancy @$$ AeroCloner! (but go ahead, it's your $$$'s!!!) I have made the $AME MI$TAKE!
$15 for 50pc Rapid Rooters are cheap and work AWESOME!

picture.php

4th/5th week of vegging (top view)
picture.php

2nd/3rd day of flowering

Heavily (2/3) "Lollipopped"! Thanks Baby A! ;)
Cuttings from Lollipopping used as clones for next run, no more Moms to keep! :jump::jump::jump:
picture.php

2nd/3rd day of flowering (top view)
picture.php

end of 4th week flowering (today!)
picture.php

Last edited:

Cannawinner

Veteran
Looks good and interesting.
Why do you have a peg attached to the pots?

How do you get in there towards the back to water? It looks very crowded.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Looks good and interesting.
Why do you have a peg attached to the pots?

How do you get in there towards the back to water? It looks very crowded.

The pegs mark a 2nd pheno I did not take clones from for the next run.
There are a total of 2 phenos flowering in there.

Yes it is crowded.
However watering is easy: The person who had converted the refrigeration container to an office before I got that thing put in vinyl flooring. Pots sitting on saucers slide around real easy and that's how I make my way.
A full hand watering takes about an hour (~1 minute per plant)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
guarantee you will do better in the nursery pots then the smart pots....

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
guarantee you will do better in the nursery pots then the smart pots....

I was wondering about that! (why will I be doing better?)

Haven't checked if they are getting root bound yet.
Not that I could do anything about it anyway...lol

I like the SmartPots but they are a pain to fill and empty.

Cannawinner

Veteran
How much do you think you will get yield from each plant - or are they too small to tell?
Would you not do better if you used a bigger pot - at least 4 gallons?.

i am very impressed with this Lolipop method you use, and followed closely your last thread. I want to also do similar to you.

I noticed that you dod not use sticks to hold everyone up. Are you still going to stake them?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
How much do you think you will get yield from each plant - or are they too small to tell?
Would you not do better if you used a bigger pot - at least 4 gallons?.

i am very impressed with this Lolipop method you use, and followed closely your last thread. I want to also do similar to you.

I noticed that you dod not use sticks to hold everyone up. Are you still going to stake them?

It's always hard to guesstimate a yield. I'd say same/similar as last time.

I doubt I would do better with a bigger pot, with only ~4 weeks of vegging the roots do not have enough time to develop in order to fill out a 4 Gallon pot.
Personally I never have seen indoor grows using pots over 3 Gallons unless they grew monsters.

Yes I have them supported now. Look close in the last picture.

:tiphat:

Cannawinner

Veteran
It's always hard to guesstimate a yield. I'd say same/similar as last time.

I doubt I would do better with a bigger pot, with only ~4 weeks of vegging the roots do not have enough time to develop in order to fill out a 4 Gallon pot.
Personally I never have seen indoor grows using pots over 3 Gallons unless they grew monsters.

Yes I have them supported now. Look close in the last picture.

:tiphat:

So then with 4 gallon pots, and about the same amount of lolipopping you have done, how long would you recommend a veg for?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Looking great! Just one fertilizer ay? What are you feeding?

Sorry man kinda forgot to answer.

Here ya go:

Jack's Classic 20-20-20 All Purpose 5 grams EVERY watering (or 10 grams every other watering) during flowering.

Jack's Blossom Booster 10-30-20 same as above.

Find YOUR Dealer HERE.

If you need a lot of it buy it bulk in 40lb bags, costs about US$90 retail and will last you MANY YEARS!
About $45/40lbs wholesale but you would have to have either connections or a retail license.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
So then with 4 gallon pots, and about the same amount of lolipopping you have done, how long would you recommend a veg for?

Depends on if from clone or seed.

In 4 Gallon nursery pots I'd say about 8 to 10 weeks vegging if from clone. They grow about an inch a day during vegging so be careful!

But honestly if you grow those from clone veg 4 weeks like I did and you will get 1.5oz+ per plant.

You will not get 2.5 times 1.5oz just because you vegged 10 weeks but you will spend a whole lot more on electricity.
10 weeks vegging from clone would be a waste IMO.

Edit:
If you were to veg from clone for 10 weeks and using 1kw lights you would need a room taller than 8 feet. You would want those lights 18" from your plants plus hardware you have them hanging on etc.
I vegged mine from clone for 4 weeks and look how tall they are. That reefer container has 8 foot ceilings and I am pretty much maxed out.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Looking great! Just one fertilizer ay? What are you feeding?

Sorry man kinda forgot to answer. :tiphat:

Here ya go:

Jack's Classic 20-20-20 All Purpose 5 grams EVERY watering (or 10 grams every other watering) during flowering.

Jack's Blossom Booster 10-30-20 same as above.

Find YOUR Dealer HERE.

If you need a lot of it buy it bulk in 40lb bags, costs about US$90 retail and will last you MANY YEARS!
About $45/40lbs wholesale but you would have to have either connections or a retail license.

thing

Ahh! I've heard good things about Jack's.. looks like its working for you. Its so cheap.. tempting.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
My Co2 system just came with the barge.

Setting it up in the next couple days.

Stay posted, this is going to be awesome!