What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2000watt flip/flop SOG

Just subscribed and voted 5 stars! keep up the badass work bro! I posted a pic of my next project on my thread, 4x4 ebb and flow sog under 1k, hope to look alot like yours when im done.

Props again.

im still curious at your haircut job there ive always been told enver to cut the fan leaves and with 600 watts they dont penetrate that great hummm

im still curious at your haircut job there ive always been told enver to cut the fan leaves and with 600 watts they dont penetrate that great hummm
Well there was this thread in 08' called "Size does matter", there was a cat named jrosek that posted up with giving them haircuts at around 21 days, I had followed arguments about it over on OG, and I was def. from the school of NEVER cut fans off. That being said, it started really making sense to me as I am a traditional SOG guy, I did a test run with about a 1/4 of my room and keep track of what each plant weighed after, and the averages on the ones with the haircut were higher, noticably! The dont need those leaves the last 2/3 of flower, you dont cut them all off, and the have all the leaves coming out of the flower sites. I've had friends come over and see the garden after the haircut and be totally shocked! And, then they come back at the end, and go shit god damn. Not all strains respond well, but I dont cut any branches off, and I would have to say that a plant is gonna have less shock from taking a dying fan leaf, than a growing branch. It's not for everyone, but if you have the nerve and the numbers, I think you'll be surprised at how the bottom nugs are dense and not larfy! Hope that helps, if you have more ??'s just ask, and thanks for popping in. peace :tiphat:

U

unta

Interesting debate here. No doubt gives light penetration which cannot be bad, as long as you do not overdo it b/c the leaves are where the plant gets energy. What kind of yield difference do you see?

Interesting debate here. No doubt gives light penetration which cannot be bad, as long as you do not overdo it b/c the leaves are where the plant gets energy. What kind of yield difference do you see?
Well Unta, this is just what I've been doing for about a year and half, with great results! I average anywhere between 4 to 10 grams more on average per plant. Look back a couple of pages and see what the plants look like after the haircut, and then look at the sk1 I just took down, dense nug from the medium to the top. Like I said, I did tests weighing every plant, doing it on half tables, after a couple of runs, the proof was in the pudding (stole that from you J). There are plenty of leaves coming out of the flowers to sustain energy. This again is just what I spent months testing, and decided it worked for me. I just chose to try doing something outside the box. Thanks for stopping by bro!:tiphat:

T

the_coota

you should name the buzz cut the 'dubb-cut'..document ur method around on other forums and become famous through out the lands haha, not to mention putting an end to the age old argument of whether to trim fan leaves or not.. anyways, ill be tryin it man, thanks for the proof in the pud..
i read ur thread but never found out how many plants per table, and average yield per table.. nice effin work mayne!!

Raphael

Siick work Dubbs, awesome setup! I've been taking the big fan leaves off as well and I agree with you I think those leaves were used mostly during the stretch...after the stretch they're just there stealing light from buds below! Your plants look awesome, and post-haircut they look like this og I have does not branch or throw big fans at ALL, but it grows like a fucking snail so lol I prefer the Blue Dream at the moment.

Anyways thanks for stoppin' by my thread and I'm definitely subscribed to yours, cheers :D

P.S. I love your job too!

Hey thanks for the kind words guys!! Like I said, I just love what I do, and couldnt imagine doing anything else! Hey Raphael, how you like that blue dream in SOG? Getting my hands on that in the next couple of weeks and was curious, not really blown out here in the rockies yet. Thanks again everyone!:tiphat::thank you: peace dubba

dlively11

Nice job, cutting those leaves really helps when you have plants so close together. Key is to wait until about 3 weeks and the plants are really in flower. It does stress them a bit and could risk a hermie with some strains.

About how many grams are you getting dried off those? I am getting 17 off Super Skunk @ 4 per SQ foot, 64 on a 4X4 tray.

Raphael

Hey Raphael, how you like that blue dream in SOG?

peace dubba

I like the Blue Dream a LOT, I'm sure you will be seeing it soon; here in cali we're inundated with it. Super nice yielding with a nice balanced non paralyzing stone. Grows like a sativa yields like an indica. Harborside sure likes takin' it off my hands in any form they can get it:ying::tiphat:

Nice job, cutting those leaves really helps when you have plants so close together. Key is to wait until about 3 weeks and the plants are really in flower. It does stress them a bit and could risk a hermie with some strains.

About how many grams are you getting dried off those? I am getting 17 off Super Skunk @ 4 per SQ foot, 64 on a 4X4 tray.
Yeah bro thanks! I cut the leaves at 21 days, and it is strain depended thats for sure, but I do it with my chems and they havent hermied yet! Less stress than cutting all the lower branches @ 14 days IMO. I think the last run was averaging 18.5 per plant, will be weighing the latest run probably in the next few days and I'll post up overall and whatnot. Thanks for popping in bro!:tiphat:

I like the Blue Dream a LOT, I'm sure you will be seeing it soon; here in cali we're inundated with it. Super nice yielding with a nice balanced non paralyzing stone. Grows like a sativa yields like an indica. Harborside sure likes takin' it off my hands in any form they can get it:ying::tiphat:
Thanks for the heads up bro, I'll probably do a table of it this summer

dlively11

Good to hear that ! I have 5 four foot Blue Dreams in 7 gallons right now going into 100 gallon Smart Pots may 15th :)

dlively11

Yeah bro thanks! I cut the leaves at 21 days, and it is strain depended thats for sure, but I do it with my chems and they havent hermied yet! Less stress than cutting all the lower branches @ 14 days IMO. I think the last run was averaging 18.5 per plant, will be weighing the latest run probably in the next few days and I'll post up overall and whatnot. Thanks for popping in bro!:tiphat:

Thats Great ! CO2 or no? I stopped using the stuff years ago, too much PITA for me. I have Fruity Chronic going now that looks like it will put my SS to shame. 20 inches tall and about 5-6 inches thick center on them all the way to the ground. I could see getting over 20 easy on these if they get really dense. :dance013:

Thats Great ! CO2 or no? I stopped using the stuff years ago, too much PITA for me. I have Fruity Chronic going now that looks like it will put my SS to shame. 20 inches tall and about 5-6 inches thick center on them all the way to the ground. I could see getting over 20 easy on these if they get really dense. :dance013:
No CO2 for me, tried it years ago and never saw the dif. that people talk about, I exchange my air ALOT, which seems to work for me. Yeah I sacrifice some yield to have the headest herb/meds possible, but doing the haircut thingie leaves me with quality herb from med. to the top, peace dubba