What's new

Zeus' 2008 Grow Show: A Mixed Bag of Goodies to Grow!!!

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
ZeusOGrefugee said:
Hey guys...have any of you ever tried trimming the top most fans off to get more light to the rest of the buds??????????The fans on these bitches are fuckin HUGE and shading everything...what to do, what to do!!!!??? Give me some words of wisdom pleeez!!! Peace

- Zeus

Id start to LST so you get more bud sitings and top them =D

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Originally Posted by ZeusOGrefugee
Hey guys...have any of you ever tried trimming the top most fans off to get more light to the rest of the buds??????????The fans on these bitches are fuckin HUGE and shading everything...what to do, what to do!!!!??? Give me some words of wisdom pleeez!!! Peace

- Zeus

yes i trim all lower branchs by end of wk 2 all large fans that shade lowers i keep 2-3 very top leaves and cull most of the others if they block. smaller leaves grow out and prolly get trimmed also i trim almost every watering when i put plants back in closet. ive done this last 3 runs and like the results you can over trim so use proper judgement

your gardens lookn very nice

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Wish this was a wake & bake!!!

Wish this was a wake & bake!!!

Hey guys...

Major and Herb - thanks for stoppin by and the words of wisdom... :jump: I know part of the prob is too many plants in too small a space, BUT Im not gettin rid of any, so I gotta figger out a solution...Major, Ive seen u grow lots of plants in ur space, so I feel better. Ive started to trim the lower fans first, then I will slowly trim the uppers as not to stress the plants too much..As far as lst HerbGlaze...I think its too late for that, Im already 2+ weeks into flower :nono:

Anyhow, thanks guys, and Ill see u all later!!

Peace

- Z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Zeus.. I would trim all your lower growth, send all the nutrients upwards, you'll end up with bigger top cola's. Have a good one...

B/R

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Yea like BR said ^^^^ trim off all of the little stubby undergrowth so that you can get them all to concentrate on main colas, and since you have so many plants thats what you want... Oh yea everything is looking awesome by the way:wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: hey guys...BR & NK, thanks for stoppin in and for the words!! I have started to trim all the lower fans 'cause they are friggin huge and blocking all lite to the lower growth. Most of the lower branches have stretched up to the canopy, givin me a bunch of tops..Ill try to get some pics up tomorrow. Anyhow, they are lookin healthy & green and buds are soon to be happenin!! Any day now, they should stop the stretch & start swelling...I think Im gonna get some bat guano for the last weeks of 12/12, I vaguely remember it workin very well!!! See ya later boys................peace.

- Zeus :wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Day 19...12/12!!!

Day 19...12/12!!!

:rasta: Hey all...just a quick update with some glowing pics...!!Well, its confirmed...17 out of 20 are females!!! :jump: :jump: That another great ratio for me with my grows!!! Lots of budding going on in the closet...I got rid of the last male tonite...He was an MxA...I gotta check, but I think the other one is a female, but cant remember...Ill check tomorrow...

The girls get another feeding tomorrow, with just plain water and some Catalyst...

BR, if ur out there...the Skunk girl is f-in amazing lookin and smelling...She is turning out to be my prized girl!!! :headbange Great growth structure, good height, etc... Cant wait to smoke her!!!

The rest all look great and are super healthy and green..not a yellow leaf in sight...Ill be back tomorrow with better pics, but for now, these will have to do..sorry about the GLOW!!!!LOL

See you guys tomrrow..Peace

- Zeus :wave:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job on beating the genetics ratio mate, 17/20 is great :wave:

edit: are you not concerned about space?

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hey guys...Sammet - concerned about space!??Not really...Ive found ways to get the most of my small spaces, so it should work out OK...I guess I could cull afew more for better lite coverage, but I like havin such a full jungle, and theyre all gettin good lite, so.....Thanks for stoppin by...

SG - yea man, a frosty jungle is what Im lookin forward to!!Budset is starting now, so the frost should start pourin in a week or so!!!

Peace all, gotta go snowboarding!!!!

- Zeus

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Welcome to the Jungle!!!!

Welcome to the Jungle!!!!

:wave: :headbange: Hey guys...wait a sec...gonna go smoke a joint first!!!

10 mins. later....... :joint:
Hey, Im back...sorry for the lonnggg delay!!!LOL

Well, half the girls got a nother feeding today...a little Grow, some Bloom and some Catalyst, which I just found out is basically Molasses, and acts as a "catalyst" for the plants and helps them take up the nutes better!!!
:jump: :headbange
Anyhow, the Heavenly Hash girls are like a friggin crazy, strewn together jungle of buds, but nonetheless, they are lookn great and look to yeild quite well despite their stretchy nature!!!! :bashhead:

I took some individual plant shots again, so u guys can see some of the variation in the Mumbles, and my prized Skunk girl.... :jump:
Thats about it...still no luck with the clones!! :badday:
I dont know what Im doin wrong??

Anyhow, onto the pics...

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Awesome Job Zeus:headbange

plants are looking super good buddy, cant wait for them to quit stretching so we can see some fat nuggets. I am very excited for my up coming seed run to begin flowering. I found my first male today, was shooting balls even in veg... chopped him without hesitating. I need more room and lights in veg. but thats another story for another day. Great job on the grow bro:wave:

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: Hello all...

SG & NK - :headbange what up guys??!! Thanks for stoppin by and for the kind words...I have to say, Im proud of this round of plants very much...they are very healthy and happy...NK, u had a part in that!!

Anyhow, the other 1/2 of the girls got fed last night and they are all startin to fill out and stop the stretch!!! The Skunk girl is lookin soo pretty, as are the rest..Fat buds in my future I see, I do!!! Well, thats it for now...OH, and the clones are finally rooting!!! :jump: :jump: I think I didnt moisten the soil enuf to begin, and they were dehydrated!!! After a good watering with some Catalyst, they are lookin much better, and some have rooted, so next round will be a clone-only run!!!My first, YEA!!! :headbange :headbange

Later all...Peace

- Z

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Zeus :wave: I like the notepad mate, really made me chuckle. I have a hard time remembering which photos are of what after I've taken them, good solution :smoke:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Sammet said:
Hey Zeus :wave: I like the notepad mate, really made me chuckle. I have a hard time remembering which photos are of what after I've taken them, good solution :smoke:

What I do, is I take a picture of the label first on teh pot, then will only take pics of that strain, then on to the next strain.

But hey Z I see buds

Looking good, lets see what mumbles you got now

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey bro, they're looking awesome. Budding I see, hope those girls perform for you. Looking forward to some fat colas...

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
:wave: Sammet
:wave: BR
:wave: Dr. Dog
:wave: everyone else...Hello, and thanks all for stoppin by and the kind words...

Yea, I just had the notebook lyin around, and mostly, I wanted u guys to be able to see which was which!!! :joint: ..Im back for a much overdo update..very busy week at work!!!
Anyhow... :redface: The girls are now in full blossom, give or take a couple that are lagging behind a bit...Mumbles #2 is a little slow to blossom, but Im not worried, shell be worth the wait!!! :jump:
Im really stoned ATM, so Ill let the pics speak for themselves... :rasta:

First up, some macros...if u look real hard, u can see some trichs forming!!! :headbange

now the left 250...

a trim job..

the right 250..aka - the jungle!!!

wait for more!!!