What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love the first Zamaldelica lady you posted Terpene, it's a very nice pheno :)

Im glad you are about to finish them despite the heat and timer problems.

Enjoy ;)

I will try to post photos this weekend.I ended up 'losing' one of my gals.Didn't lose her to anything bad,just auto flowered on me and so did all of her clones.She is just lovely as well.I started using a myco inoculate and my auto gal got a nice dose and she has really responded with a lovely color and posture.The auto gal also has tons o' crystals on her.Can't blame this auto entirely on genetics,she had a period where the light was not all that strong.I tried setting them up right under a hps 1k for a couple of weeks to no avail.On a positive note the auto is ahead of her sisters who were put into 12/12 about two weeks earlier.Would have loved to have kept a mother but Dubi was right when he said it would be a pain in the ass.

All my best friends,take care and be safe everyone.

A

Alfred

I had some sneaky slugs that were living under the rim of my pots, and would come out at night and eat all of my basil.
It took me a while to figure out what in the world was going on, but once i did, it was time for a little sadistic 'salt bath' for the slugs.

Halonium

Are there any new "Zamal" crosses planned for the near future??

Zamal could be a good choice for strains meant for more northern growers (crossed with "Nepalese Highland" for example).

The semi-autoflowering trait of the mother cut is something that should be used for breeding for early flowering strains!

Love to hear if there is something new bubbling under!

-H

Manivelle

Veteran
imho this is what zamal should be bred or
zamal is an outdoor beast and should be selectioned on a lot of plants .
attachment.php

idiit

Veteran
Zamal could be a good choice for strains meant for more northern growers (crossed with "Nepalese Highland" for example)
exactly my thoughts. i got some satori and just dusted my zamalish zamaldelica pheno with some single male cola satori pollen. zamal/nepalese makes a lot of sense. the nepalese adds tremendous bud structure and hopefully will contribute its perfumy incense terpenes to the progeny.

Satori - BEST I've ever had/grown.
^resistant's satori thread!https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244826

picture.php

The semi-autoflowering trait of the mother cut is something that should be used for breeding for early flowering strains!
again i'm thinking the same way. chiskei ( a fast flowering african sat with dense nugs and electric high) might be a good pairing. dubi has an african strain that seems to have similar characteristics of chiskei. keeping the zamal/chiskei type strain in a root-bound container under a long photoperiod until at the end going to 12/12 or less makes sense to me.

i'm just doing seed runs right now but the zamalish pheno with a light fert medium in a root-bound container is not stretching and producing some nice cola formations.

"zamalish" clones super easy and needs to be kept under a long daylight photoperiod for clone production. i've got one clone reversed and am getting ready to self her so i have a backup in seed form if i lose my clones and clone mother.

Manivelle

Veteran
Nepalese Highlandi quality is to shorten the flowering time and keeping sativa trait at the same time.
hope for you the satori will do that and also what you use it for.

by the way ,something important too in zamal crosses is the trichomes quality. don't expect to make hash with pure zamal as the trichomes don't have head bulbs.
peace

idiit

Veteran
thats because when god made zamal he had to make sure we couldn't make hash out of it, otherwise there would be deaths directly related to marijuana!
laughing.gif
^classic!

dubi swears by zamal as having the most psychoactive potential.

Quote:
High!!

We grew different zamal females outdoors in soil 4-5 years ago when Gypsy brought the seeds. They were some of the most impressive pure sativas i've personaly grown. They are incredible vigorous and bushy sativas. We planted them in May and some of them reached 3.5 meters in September. I lost the the pics after the OG fall but i will try to recover them from my old hard disk and post them here.

They are very long flowering plants finishing outdoors in january.She has a similar flowering time and light requirements than a pure haze or thai. Not recommended for indoor grows in pure form.

It's a leafy african with a terrorific electric high. It can produce serious paranoia and anxiety when correctly grown. Indeed we did some crosses like zamal x lemon ( french outdoor strain), zamal x jack flash and some phenos produced some of the most powerful sativa high i've ever smoked. A mix between anphetamine and LSD.

She smells leafy and earthy like most africans. Not a great thing. Her taste is also quite woody and leafy, not specially pleasant. But it's a very special sativa to breed for her electric high, extreme branching and vigour. I'd try to improve her flower/leaf ratio, aroma,taste terpene density and indoor adaptability.

I hope it helps.dubi
Quote:
Im only familarized with Gypsy's version ( he was very kind to gift me 15 zamal seeds years ago even before we met in person, thank you!). But if there are other sativa populations with the same extreme potency or other equally interesting traits, then there's a HUGE genetic potential in the island.

African sativas, when correctly grown, can provide some of the most powerful and electric highs
^https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ighlight=zamal

Quote:
I was seriously impressed with zamal vegetative vigour, branching and psychedelic effect
Quote:
Zamal has a unique kind of high, it's crazy, psychedelic and out of control, especially i have found extremely powerful and crazy plants crossing zamal with other sats and sat/ind hybrids. It has huge breeding potential to get incredible sativa experiences in the hybrids
Quote:
High was real uplifting, slighty psychedelic. I like her crazy effect, breaking menthal limits and behaviour, opposite thing to paralyzing weed. I think zamal mother has LOTS of breeding potential, i'm starting to imagine zamal crosses with other sativas and my cannabinoid and terpenoid receptors are saying 'chick chick
^ dubi quotes from: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101916

Quote:
Zamal is probably the most psychedelic sativa we have tried. Her hybrids are the closest to LSD in the cannabisworld.

Malawi is extremely powerful, most powerful pot we have tried but effect is more narcotic than zamal. A good hybrid between zamal, malawi (and angolese) would produce incredible intense sativa experiences, probably too intense and powerful. I can not imagine a pure sativa with stronger potential.
Quote:
Zamal maybe is not so aromatic but her effect, especially in the good zamal hybrids is in a different league, completly trippy/psychedelic
^dubi on strongest psychoactive strains come out of africa post:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ghlight=malawi

Quote:
The 16 week wait is very definitely worth it, I dried the popocorn buds and wow, what a smoke, very very potent, all in the head, a clear, electric, euphoric racing high, I'm a very experienced, hardcore smoker, I smoke all day every day yet this stuff had me higher that I think I've ever been before and positively messed up my friends who tried some. I took a walk to my friends house, a place I have been many many times and couldn't find it, walked up and down the street looking for the house, then had to ring him on my mobile phone as I got really confused, just awesome stuff. I have been in a satate ot total euphoria on this stuff, makes you talk a lot about mad ideas, sing silly little songs to yourself and wander about looking very baked but grinning insanely, just as close to herbal acid as I've ever experienced, straight to the number one slot on my list of best smokes. Taste is astringent, piney and lemony, very long lasting flavou that stays with yoou for a couple of hours, the high is also long lasting too and doesn't seem to have a ceiling, you can get very very high on this stuff
^from british hempire's classic zamal/hz thread:https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....0&pp=15&page=3

i got a fast malawi pheno out of my golden tigers. i took a clone but it died. dubi says the fast malawi pheno is legit in his malawi gene pool. a fast malawi combined with zamal would be a potential "autoflower to fast finishing" alternative to golden tiger's meao thai component. golden cheetah! :) .

220px-Cheetah_Feb09_02.jpg

Manivelle

Veteran
thats because when god made zamal he had to make sure we couldn't make hash out of it, otherwise there would be deaths directly related to marijuana! :laughing:

i don(t get it ! :)
could you explain please ? i'm not a native english speaking person.

mani
EDIT: OK iget it :) .. funny :biglaugh:

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
We're at 16 weeks with these two, so I took a couple of lowers off both phenos to see how the smoke is. The thai is looking like its about done throwing pistils, but the african pheno is going to take another week or two longer. Either way, both are definitely slowing down and dying out.

African pheno:
picture.php

Frosty thai pheno:
picture.php

picture.php

Macro shot - thank you icmag macro thread!
picture.php

The Hatter

Veteran
Wow they are beautiful. 16 weeks is quite a long flower. I thought Zalmadelica tended to finish a little quicker. I'm curious, what's the longest anyone has seen a Zalmadelica finish?

Terpene

Veteran
I think I'm probably the longest you'll see in part because I'm letting em run till they're good and ambered over to see what the matured high is like.

The extended flowering time is most likely because of:
my 24/0 veg cycle
weeks 5-7 it was about 36-40C

I've since slid them into a different area with AC which keeps the room at about 22C daytime and about 16C night which they like much better.

Z2 Auto(?)

Z2 Auto(?)

Hey Terpene,really curious to see what your thoughts are on the longer flowering time and how it effects the final product.

I ended up losing this Z2 gal due to its clones all auto flowering on me.Most likely due to less than optimal lighting for a bit.Even sitting under a 1k HPS 24/7 for a week couldn't slow her down once she got going.We are at 83 days with this gal and I was looking to chop her at her peak.I found that except for the very lowest parts of the plant(even there it was mostly all cloudy) she was cloudy every where I looked.Pretty surprised that she clouded up so quickly.The other two I have going are all clouded up as well.I will get pictures of those up when I chop them.About six or seven weeks into 12/12 I switched to a guano tea feed.Still trying to dial that in a bit tighter.The combination of the tea feed,myco 'injection', and multi spectrum bulb this plant was directly under(about 12-15") really helped this gal to thrive.Man its difficult to wait to her flowers to dry out,can't wait.

Attachments

• IMG_4099.jpg
    IMG_4099.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4102b.jpg
    IMG_4102b.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4108.jpg
    IMG_4108.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4108b.jpg
    IMG_4108b.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 57

Terpene

Veteran
Charles my last run looked about the same age as yours, maybe a week further along.

I would expect your plant to be very terror-iffic as apparently the longer you go the more subdued the scary is. My 16 week lowers that I trimmed off are stupefying, but less scary than the last round.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
i have been holding on to my 100 day carrot cut of zamaldelica waiting to get her in rotation, need a bumper crop, most def going to try and find a space for her outside next season.

roots likes a woah, but scared she might autoflower! i think the colderr temps in winter might have something to do with that.

just incase i also have zamaldelica x legends johnny blaze(Nevilles Haze x Blueberry) should be a treat.

glad your keeping the Zamaldelica thread alive terpene!

Terpene

Veteran
The thai-ish, foxtailing zamaldelica has finally stopped throwing pistils at week 17 and is getting the chop. Picture overload to follow:

picture.php

Thai foreground, African background. Going to need a few more weeks for the African..
picture.php

picture.php

Some lowers detail.
picture.php

I'd say you got her dialed in Brother,just jaw dropping,lovely lovely.Well done my friend:tiphat:

Really curious to get your comparison between the late and early harvest,take care and be safe my friend.

S

scai

That's exactly what thai pheno looks like. Malawi pheno is more pyramid shape ;) Nice grow Terpene.
Have some cuts coming on myself...like those bastards ;)