What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Soooo!

I seem to have two phenos too.
Two of my zamaldelicas are doing yellow pistils, (very wispy growth), tall and one is doing white pistils.More compact, broader leaves.

Mind you, I have to say, Zamaldelicas are winners.
I'm very satisfield they way to grow, fast, nice, easy to take seedlings.

I only dip seedling to Clonex and then straight to soil, and they never fail! Very vigorous, very fast (when you think, sativa)

Thanks scai,

Im glad you are happy with their vigour! Pure sativa hybrids grow very vigorously and they usually clone very easily. Wishing you a happy harvest!

I just tried the dried "thai" pheno last night. I'm sorry folks, no final pics of her, my friend cut her down before I could get over there. Anyhow, all I can say is HOLY S***. If you are looking for the terror ridden, thai clarity that Dubi has spoke about, you're looking for the tall spindly thai-african looking phenos.

Now granted, I haven't smoked in 2 days before trying this, so the tolerance dropped a little, but I was 11 out of 10 sativa high last night, for nearly 6 hours.

First two hours were INTENSE, scary to the point anyone who wasn't a seasoned smoker would not want to be high anymore. I was definitely at the point of "terror-iffic." If I let anyone else try this, there would definitely be a disclaimer moment before allowing them to proceed. Your head buzzes, but with extreme clarity. Your body feels like its nerves are electric and your skin is somehow an insulator with bones as a wire frame.

View Image
The "energy" comes in waves of terrifying, I felt like I was surfing inside of a large tube wave - "shooting the curl" or something. It's really up and positive though, so you think you can try and maintain conversation. As my friends and I were talking, I was at least a sentence behind the conversation while I imagined the words visually - almost hallucinatory?

After the scary ended about 2-3 hours after smoking, it settled into a super talky, up, clear and stupid thai high which lasted in a petering off fashion till I went to sleep.

My african pheno is almost indica compared to the thai pheno, and I thought that was up by comparison. Dubi, you have outdone yourself with this cross.

wow great smoke report. Would you say the thai pheno is a "get up, get-out, motivational" kind of high? or is it more "paralyzing"

Is it a "creative" high? inspirational? Or just "heart pounding scary"

I have already ordered zamaldelica seeds, it seems like the african pheno is not my cup of tea but the thai pheno sounds very interesting.

Who knows the african pheno could turn into a clear high after a good 6 month cure

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
wow great smoke report. Would you say the thai pheno is a "get up, get-out, motivational" kind of high? or is it more "paralyzing"

Is it a "creative" high? inspirational? Or just "heart pounding scary"

I have already ordered zamaldelica seeds, it seems like the african pheno is not my cup of tea but the thai pheno sounds very interesting.

Who knows the african pheno could turn into a clear high after a good 6 month cure

Both phenos were paralyzing and heart pounding scary, somewhat sense elevating and ramped up with a tightening of the diaphragm region that I only half jokingly call "the fear." The thai lends itself to movement more than the african did, but as a friend put it - "If you want to be anxious while high out of your mind, this is the stuff."

I chopped mine down at 13.5 and I think that my 24/0 -> 11.5/12.5 light schedule and now solved heat issues were forcing them to push vegetative growth for an extra 10 days while they adjust to the reduced light schedule and heat. I'm letting this round of zamaldelicas fully amber over with temperature controls in an effort to reduce the scary and increase the psychedelic effects - we'll see how I do.

I can tell you this much, they do MUCH better in 22C-24C temps than they do in 29C-33C temps!

Another poster here, idiit, was saying that perhaps a long cure could change zamaldelicas high? That would be interesting.

My order is sent off, I cannot wait to grow these beans outdoors in a subtropical climate! They are going to love it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A few old pics just to comment about plant structure and flowering times in zamal crosses.

Pure Zamal has a very unique growing structure that truely shines outdoors when the plants are grown big, it's incredible vigorous and branchy sativa with very strong development of lateral branches.

I still remember the first and best zamal grow we did many years ago, plants were so bushy.... inside the jungle of 3 meter zamal plants it was impossible to distinguish any kind of main growing structure or main stem between the chaos of lateral branches, i have never seen such an amazing branching. I consider this kind of branching very is positive for outdoor growing (vigour, flexibility, high yield), but depending on the growers needs and skills may be not the best one for indoor growing, too many branches to control their size and distribute the light correctly.

Flowering time is usually quite long considering (16 weeks+) the latitude of origin (21ºS), it's subtropical so i expected a faster flowering time than for example thais, but they flowered like an extreme tropical sativa, maturing easily around December in northern hemisphere.
There's a semi auto flowering pheno than can be harvested earlier (early November), especially when grown from clone.

Pure Zamal growing outdoors.

Attachments

• zamal julio.jpg
    zamal julio.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 88
  • zamal agosto.jpg
    zamal agosto.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Zamal branching, leaf trait and flowering structure are not dominant in zamal crosses, you can easily find 60 day flowering main cola broad plants even in straight zamal crosses, for example by crossing zamal to a skunk/indica indoor hybrid.

Unless you find the mango carrot or floral pheno (excellent) the average zamal tastes woody and spicy nothing special, but it can easily be improved crossing zamal with other tasty strain.

Zamal usually contributes to its hybrids with very strong vigour, outdoor hardness, heat resistant and of course the amazing trippy effect.

Zamal x Lemon pics. Lemon is a fast flowering outdoor sativa/indica hybrid.

It's a straight zamal cross but the leaf structure, branching and flowering time is completly different, this plant was harvested after only 9 weeks of flowering time, grown guerrilla style almost without water in a very hot mediterranean summer.

Attachments

• zamal limon guerrilla cola desarrollada.jpg
    zamal limon guerrilla cola desarrollada.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 68
  • zamal limon guerrilla pequeña creciendo.jpg
    zamal limon guerrilla pequeña creciendo.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's another zamal x lemon pheno, more zamal influenced for growing traits with classic sativa dominant xmas tree shape but not so excessive branching and moderate flowering time (early November).

In the last pic, the small plant is the zamal lemon compact pheno and the taller one is the sativa dominant pheno we are commenting in the post.

Attachments

• zamal limon guerrilla grande creciendo.jpg
    zamal limon guerrilla grande creciendo.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 56
  • zamal limon guerrilla pasando mitad de floracion.jpg
    zamal limon guerrilla pasando mitad de floracion.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 57

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
And last one, a zamal x haze sativa hybrid, a very zamal dominant pheno with its crazy zamal branching.... very tropical sativa expression, long flowering time.

Here is starting to flower.

Attachments

• zam nepblub.jpg
    zam nepblub.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 70
  • P1010073.jpg
    P1010073.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 72
  • PA120080.jpg
    PA120080.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 68

idiit

Veteran
thanks for your posts dubi. you extend a hand to help us amateurs out in more than 1 way. :).

Thank you for the background on Zamal Dubi,very helpful.Lovely outdoors shots,what giants!

Here is Z-1 at 47 days of 12/12.She was transplanted into a five gallon pot and pruned/trimmed up right after these pictures were taken.

Attachments

• IMG_3882.jpg
    IMG_3882.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 75
G

Guest 88950

^^^^Charles..........your pics answered my question of how well the Zamadelicas will do w/lst'ing them.

she looks like she will need some support for the buds soon.

Dubi, thanks for the info on the Zamal crosses. the Zamal x Lemon looks interesting....one to grab when available.

^^^^Charles..........your pics answered my question of how well the Zamadelicas will do w/lst'ing them.

she looks like she will need some support for the buds soon.

Hey SSH,
Yup she does well with LST.This gal is a seedling so didn't top her as I like to work them the best that I can without nipping/topping.So far none of the gals has what I would call a hard/stout and fast columnar structure,pretty branchy that are thin and easy to work.I think with the gal I keep I will most likely top/fim/lst and maybe break out the cages to 'flatten' out the canopy to about a 18-24" in depth,similar to what Terpene has done with some of his gals.

Figured she was about half way done so moved her into larger accommodations for a comfy roomy finish.Did the whole incremental pot size thing.Did one of the Z gals from a 2 to a 3 gallon pot and decided that was too big of a pain in the ass,so the last two I put right into 5 gallon pots. The combination of small pots and having a 1k hps dropped right down on top of them has really helped to contain the size.Just about half way through first run with tropical gals so I shouldn't get cocky,haha.Have one hortilux(?) bulb with the mixed spectrum and will be adding one more as the tropical gals seem to really like it.Love seeing these gals under the bluish light.

Thank you to Terpene/Dubi/everyone for all of the great information,has really helped make my first run with these types of gals successful.All my best friends,Charles.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Charles,

I love how did you top and train the size of the plant. The one you are posting looks like is enjoying a lot ;) At least 5 weeks to finish but guess final yield and quality is going to be good. Thanks for the updates!

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Zamaldelica photos at 13.5 weeks. My heat issues early on and 24/0 -> 11.5/12.5 lighting switch probably added 3 weeks to the flower time.

Up until last week it was nothing but mountain spring water / fox farm happy frog. I added a single dose of 2ml/gal of MOAB (0-52-32) to the mix just to help them pump it out over the last few weeks. :biggrin:

Here's the thai-ish side, I LOVE the foxtailing and frost
picture.php

picture.php

African side:
picture.php

picture.php

I'll report back in 2-3 weeks!

Lovely flowers Terpene,just lovely.Love how much sugar is on the buds.Your input on the phenos is much appreciated.Following your work has helped immensely and provided many shortcuts to knowledge that otherwise would have taken considerably longer,this thread has been a great resource for me and many others.Thanks again my friend,be well and be safe,Charles.

:peacock:

zamaldelica seedlings!!! Thats rosemary next to them, I have a feeling it might affect them negatively (first pic discolored leaves), but it protects them from being devoured by slugs.

PpSzA.jpg

5z9qP.jpg

LRiV2.jpg

and one girl in her protective cacoon, protects from slugs and mysterious "seedling eaters" which I suspect are these black beetles that come out only at night.

aMWBG.jpg

I have a total of 10 seedlings, one died to mysterious reason, looks like stem trauma then it died, dunno how it happened.

Latest posts

Latest posts