What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

wingdings

Veteran
Just ordered a pack, seems as this is the most crazy sativa smoke available in the world I gotta have that in my garden. I will just have to make sure I have some cozy indica on hand to smoke while I'm hiding under the covers lol. Thank you dubi for your amazing work.

S

scai

Wonderfull picture Iidit! And nice romantic backround for Zamal ;)
I must say, Zamals are keepers....always will have few of them growing

idiit

Veteran
And nice romantic backround for Zamal
yes, it's a nice romantic story. perhaps skrog is christopher. mystery for now.

The Zamal that Gerrit has ....was gifted to him in seed form by myself many years ago...

I aquired the seeds from a French grower/breeder on La Reuinion island in the Indian Ocean called Christophe...

(I thought that you might want to know the history)...
Gypsy Nirvana

^ https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101916 post #7.

thanks again to terpene for another great thread and letting me post some zamal focused information.

S

scai

I must say, Zamaldelica is one easy strain to get clones, you never fail with them, all root very well.

S

scai

What? Did Dubi say that they have PCKxZamaldelica seeds.What do I need to do, Dubi, to get my hands on them?
When are thet available?

wingdings

Veteran
Idk if you misunderstood scai, not talking about PCK. I just meant I'm excited to get my 10 pack of zamaldelica seeds, still waiting for them to arrive, then a few are getting germinated right away!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What? Did Dubi say that they have PCKxZamaldelica seeds.What do I need to do, Dubi, to get my hands on them?
When are thet available?

Unfortunatly there's not enough Zamal x PCK fem stock for a release, just for some tests next year.

S

scai

Okay, so I have to wait for three years ;)
Cross sounds good, but you really never know ;) how they turn up.

Zamaldelica has proven herself a strong and solid grower and I find kushes very easy to work with.
Very easy to seed, very easy to turn back to veg and so on.

So it should be one killer cross ;)
Good luck and hard work with that.

Wingdings, not to worry, Iidit has plenty of fantastic knowledge.I'm always happy to read his?her? postings.
You have some nice genetics coming your way.And if I'm not very wrong, seeds produce more females than males?
I haven't any males yet and I always use regular seeds...

The Hatter

Veteran
Unfortunatly there's not enough Zamal x PCK fem stock for a release, just for some tests next year.

That will be one interesting cross. Although you'ld think that crossing a Kush with something like a crazy electric sativa would mellow out the effect, I have noticed that the couple of times I have seen it done the outcome was debilitatingly potent and quite trippy.

It will be very interesting to see how they turn out.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
what would be cool is a Zamal x Nepal Jam or Zamal x Yunan in hopes of a faster flower and short stature. the carrot pheno is worth it, never tasted anything close.

yoss33

Veteran
Hello all :tiphat:

I ordered my first Ace pack and it's Zamadelica.
I'll be growing it outdoors next season (2013), but due to security reasons I'll be growing only one plant, so I'll have to make good selection for what I want.
What I want is the crazy freaky psychedelic high but as clear as it can get. I have some experience with Durban Poison and I like the strong rough trippy paranoid Durban high, but it's not the clearest of highs. So I want something similar, I don't mind the paranoid part, but I just want it as clear as possible, without any body effect and buzzing/cloudy/foggy/dense feelings. I want it truly lysergic :)
Reading from descriptions what I need is a Zamal pheno.

So, my question to the people who have grown Zamadelica, and of course to Dubi, is how I can distinguish Zamal phenos at an early stage. I'll start 6 seeds indoors and grow them till they show sex, then choose 1 of them and transplant it outdoors. Looking at photos, Zamal seems more lanky (droopy leaves and thinner stems) yet bushier (better branching). Is there something else that can point me in the desired direction? Smell of rubbed stems maybe?

I'm very exited about growing Zamadelica as this is my first non-Dutch pack and I simply love sativas, the more exotic the better :) I have enough stash of Haze for 2 years, it's marvelous, but it's an euphoric and extremely clear and natural sort of high with slow and easy "entrance". And sometimes I want something rougher, heavier hitting, but still pure sativa, especially when trying to impress some of my indica-loving friends who find the clear euphoric high too comfortable, "light" and want to smoke a lot of it before saying "Wow, I think I had enough".

Adze

Right there with you on this! I'll look forward to hearing what you think of Zamadelica, although from all the reports it sounds like a winner. Best of luck with selection.

inquest

Unfortuntely Yoss, it's a multi-hybrid and will have some variety in there. Cannabiniod content is not always linked to looks. The only way to know for sure the high is to smoke 'em. I'd hate to see one of the five "rejects" be your unknown keeper. :(

That said, I've yet to run my Zamaldelicas. With the Ace hybrids I have ran, all were great and pretty similar. I'd imagine that any one you'd choose would be real nice. ;) I wouldn't cull the unchosen, though. It is possible to keep Ace gear pretty small for a indoor run. That would give you an idea of which one to run next time around. :)

Good luck on your grow!

idiit

Veteran
my zamalish pheno went into female flowering very early (6-7)weeks of veg time under 17/7 photoperiod. she has narrow leaves ( probably not a lot of malawi influence). i didn't detect any special odor in veg. i'm growing mine in 1/2 gallon milk cartons and according to the zamal posts she has a tendency to flower under root-bound conditions. zamal according to what i've read performs best under outside natural light spectrum but some growers are very skilled with their indoor light selection. my indoor zamalish bud under a lone 400w hps is good but not smoking up to the good indoor growers reports. i'm able to keep active clones very easily ( probably due to some mt influence i suspect) as long as i take clones before i get very far into my 12/12 photoperiods. she clones fast.

i seem to recall dubi stating a zamal seed offering is on its way.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
What I want is the crazy freaky psychedelic high but as clear as it can get. I have some experience with Durban Poison and I like the strong rough trippy paranoid Durban high, but it's not the clearest of highs. So I want something similar, I don't mind the paranoid part, but I just want it as clear as possible, without any body effect and buzzing/cloudy/foggy/dense feelings. I want it truly lysergic
Reading from descriptions what I need is a Zamal pheno.

So, my question to the people who have grown Zamadelica, and of course to Dubi, is how I can distinguish Zamal phenos at an early stage. I'll start 6 seeds indoors and grow them till they show sex, then choose 1 of them and transplant it outdoors. Looking at photos, Zamal seems more lanky (droopy leaves and thinner stems) yet bushier (better branching). Is there something else that can point me in the desired direction? Smell of rubbed stems maybe?

I'm very exited about growing Zamadelica as this is my first non-Dutch pack and I simply love sativas, the more exotic the better :) I have enough stash of Haze for 2 years, it's marvelous, but it's an euphoric and extremely clear and natural sort of high with slow and easy "entrance". And sometimes I want something rougher, heavier hitting, but still pure sativa, especially when trying to impress some of my indica-loving friends who find the clear euphoric high too comfortable, "light" and want to smoke a lot of it before saying "Wow, I think I had enough".

After smoking 4 different phenos, I wouldn't kill any zamaldelica based on its looks - they're all awesome. Just let them fully finish or they will be scary as all hell like the first thai leaning pheno was (anxious, anxiety, creeping feeling of something bad happening soon)

I wouldn't worry too much about light levels either. I veg under 200w of CFL in a 2x3. Flower is a 3x3 with a 240w LED panel (3w chipset) - so I am not slamming them with light by any means.

All of the Zamaldelica phenos I've run would qualify as what you're looking for. I am splitting hairs when I describe the differences. The african side will tend to be more heavy/paralyzing and the thai side will tend to be more clear/energetic. The zamal trippy side has been present in all of the phenos I have tried, though the really leggy plants seem to be more crazy than the stouter ones. Maybe a product of the thai influence and my tolerance level?

Here's what I've seen of how to tell em apart:

African side:

• earlier preflowering
  • stems generally smell more like mango carrots when rubbed.
  • "african" looking leaves in veg - more "star" shaped and not as much "thai" long skinny fingered influence.
  • smaller, not quite as much stretch
  • columnar bud structure, less frost
veg shot of the african

picture.php

flower shot of african side
picture.php

Thai side:

• more astringent stems when rubbed
  • leaves look like thai leaves
  • stretches more
  • foxtailing thai bud structure, tons of frost
veg shot of the thai leaning
picture.php

flower shot of thai side
picture.php

I would run a few of them, cut clones and then veg the clones while they finish off in flower. This plant clones EASILY. Pick the ones you like the most and run those.

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, people!
Yes, it would be best if I grow to maturity all 6 seeds, but this means about 4 months of looking after an indoor setup, I'll see if I have the patience for this :) Anyways, judging from Terpene's description (a great one!), I don't mind growing any of the phenos, perhaps I'll simply select the most vigorous one.

Can't wait for the new season :)

S

scai

Zamaldelicas are worth of waiting ;)
They are truly, keepers.
And I'm not the only one who says that..

xinox

Hello everybody,

I grow some zamaldelica and panama indoor, for now in 400w hps but i will get soon a 280w led pannel, hope it will be great.

I also try to grow them organicaly in nearly pure coco. For know it's good, except a very little mistake in fattening at the beginning of the strecth.

I have also got a very strange zalamdelica male, so i have keep it because he could be really interesting. He's very short node, short leaves and strem, and he is really branchy. Very easy to clone too, and nice lemony smell on the stem.

This guy start flowering at 2 week of 12-12 (!!!), in 3 week he's ready to pollinated. I have pollinated 2 good pheno of tga plushberry with it, and 2 nice pheno of panama. I will also get few seeds of this male x all my zamaldelica.

I'll show you some photo very soon.

Have a nice happy new year.