What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

Z1,Z3 87 Days

Z1,Z3 87 Days

Everything is moving along nicely.Need some input from those more experienced with these tropical gals.First two photos are Z1,the next three are Z3.

Z1 is pretty much done under the scope,really can't find clears any where but to look at the plant it looks like it needs another week to ten days.

Z3 is really the one I need input on.Again under the scope she is pretty much done,very few clears on the bottom buds.About a week ago or so she just exploded with new 'blooms' all over the whole plant.The pictures are poor and really don't show how extensive the new foxtailing is.This extreme foxtailing this late looks very similar to some late phenos of Golden Tigers that are going right now.My eyes tell me she is about two weeks from being done but since I have no experience with these gals I don't know and I would like to get it right.

Looking for a peak harvest with few to no clears and certainly no or very few amber trichs.So is the scope the final arbiter or is it the gardeners eyes?Any input from folks experienced with these gals would be much appreciated.Thank you and be safe my friends.

Edit:What I am seeing with late 'extreme' foxtailing in both the GT's and Z's,is this a Thai trait?Thank you everyone so far for the input.

Attachments

• IMG_4166.jpg
    IMG_4166.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4169.jpg
    IMG_4169.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4179a.jpg
    IMG_4179a.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 62
S

scai

Heh, Charley, they are playing games with you! Yes I got one who does exactly same, you think it's ready, and it put white pistils on again...
Let it be,it shows when it's ready, by yellowing leaves, then it's time to take it down.
But I'm not sure...some people take them down even earlier? Depends what you are looking for?

Hazed

Terpene, that is one beautiful grow! That has to be the look of horrorific. Trippin...
I am very anxious for a smoke report,have a safe trip and hurry back! ;)

Charles, your plants are looking fantastic! The quality of a Sativa can really change towards the end. As long as they are shooting pistols and staying clear to cloudy I would just let em keep rackin up goodies till very first amber or nanners appear.

This has turned into a heck of a good thread, thanks to you good growers! Im inspired, and once I get these Sat/Ind girls off into flower I will finally be able to work on a Sativa grow.:biggrin:

Thanks guys...Hazed

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Agree with Hazed. Lots of great info and grows of this amazing strain in this thread.

Got 2pcks waiting for their time....soon.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Chop 'em way late. The high is much more terrific / psychedelic and less omg scary when its fully matured. The creeping "fear" is less present, its more "whoa this is a lot to take in right now.."

From here on my advice is let em fully pistil out, then wait 7-10 days and chop em down. Killing them with white pistils still present is guaranteed to be a little over anxious for my liking. It's going to take forever, but the high is well worth it - plan on being out of it for several hours. :biggrin:

For those wondering, the thai-zamal pheno's smoke is very similar to the previous thai side. Very trippy, very "wait did that just happen or not." I ended up doing the wannabe visualization of the conversation as before. To give you an idea of how wrecked I was (for 6 hours) - I havent had tracers / seen in 2 frames per second in a loong time. Yet again, zamaldelica proves to be pleasantly terrifying..

The Hatter

Veteran
Terpene and everyone else posting in this thread, you've been an inspiration. Your work and Ace's reputation for stellar genetics is the reason I have some Zamaldelica seeds waiting patiently for their turn beneath the artificial sun. Thanks for being so helpful.

I have a quick question for anybody who has grown out Zamaldelica and some of the other longer flowering tropical sativas. As far as flower period goes what other strains would pair well with Zamaldelica? I was considering VB x Meo Thai or perhaps even double Thai or OT Haze x Meo Thai.

The flower period on this one has me a bit puzzled since there seems to be quite a lot of variation. It seems it normally goes for around 15 weeks or so on average indoors?

Chop 'em way late. The high is much more terrific / psychedelic and less omg scary when its fully matured. The creeping "fear" is less present, its more "whoa this is a lot to take in right now.."

From here on my advice is let em fully pistil out, then wait 7-10 days and chop em down. Killing them with white pistils still present is guaranteed to be a little over anxious for my liking. It's going to take forever, but the high is well worth it - plan on being out of it for several hours. :biggrin:

For those wondering, the thai-zamal pheno's smoke is very similar to the previous thai side. Very trippy, very "wait did that just happen or not." I ended up doing the wannabe visualization of the conversation as before. To give you an idea of how wrecked I was (for 6 hours) - I havent had tracers / seen in 2 frames per second in a loong time. Yet again, zamaldelica proves to be pleasantly terrifying..

Thank you my friend for sharing your experiences with all of us.Can't rep you anymore,this thread has been invaluable in guiding many of us through the weeks of working with these gals.:tiphat:

At this point my feelings are I have waited this long for these gals to be done and a couple of more weeks is not a big deal.I might get more pictures up of late blossoming gal.Just over 14 weeks and there is even more new 'blooms' than when I posted these photos,some of the larger colas are almost white with 'blooms' that extend almost 2" above the cola.It has been a real learning and interesting experience working with these tropicals.

Thanks again Terpene for sharing,well done my friend.Take care,be well and most of all be safe my friends:)

The Hatter

Veteran
It's kind of a tough call on what to grow along side the Zamaldelica.

The longer finishing phenos I've read about in this thread definitely sound like they would pair up well with the 18+ week Thias and OT Hazes, but then again the quick finishing phenos would be done over a month sooner.

As others have mentioned a large amount of the variance in flowering period is likely a result of differences in growing conditions.

Has anybody grown a Zamaldelica and one of Ace's long flowering Thia or OT haze strains under the same conditions. If so, how did the flowering times compare? My guess is that Zamaldelica is on average a faster finisher despite there being quite a few examples in this thread of people with it going 17 or 18 weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Are there any new "Zamal" crosses planned for the near future??

Zamal could be a good choice for strains meant for more northern growers (crossed with "Nepalese Highland" for example).

The semi-autoflowering trait of the mother cut is something that should be used for breeding for early flowering strains!

Love to hear if there is something new bubbling under!

-H

Hello Halonium,

Zamaldelica fem will be ready soon, we have produced a bit of Zamal x Pakistan Chitral Kush fem stock.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
imho this is what zamal should be bred or
zamal is an outdoor beast and should be selectioned on a lot of plants .

Hello Maniville,

If you are breeding for tropical/subtropical outdoors weather then of course, but this kind of branching/structure is usually not very desirable for standard modern indoors gardens.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Everything is moving along nicely.Need some input from those more experienced with these tropical gals.First two photos are Z1,the next three are Z3.

Z1 is pretty much done under the scope,really can't find clears any where but to look at the plant it looks like it needs another week to ten days.

Z3 is really the one I need input on.Again under the scope she is pretty much done,very few clears on the bottom buds.About a week ago or so she just exploded with new 'blooms' all over the whole plant.The pictures are poor and really don't show how extensive the new foxtailing is.This extreme foxtailing this late looks very similar to some late phenos of Golden Tigers that are going right now.My eyes tell me she is about two weeks from being done but since I have no experience with these gals I don't know and I would like to get it right.

Looking for a peak harvest with few to no clears and certainly no or very few amber trichs.So is the scope the final arbiter or is it the gardeners eyes?Any input from folks experienced with these gals would be much appreciated.Thank you and be safe my friends.

Edit:What I am seeing with late 'extreme' foxtailing in both the GT's and Z's,is this a Thai trait?Thank you everyone so far for the input.

Congrats again CharlesUFarley ;) Another great sativa round!
Your Zamaldelica are very Zamal influenced, the structure is exactly the same like the zamal mother, but your Zamaldelica are much better yielding thanks to hybrid vigour.

The reflowering is a classic trait of most tropical sativas, if they are flowering healthy and happy under stable 12/12 photoperiod and stable temps then they like to produce new waves of fresh flowers. If you want to avoid reflowerings in late flowering, lower down a bit the temps, decrease a bit the photoperiod and dont use more fertilizers with Nitrogen.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Sounds terrific Zamaldelica trip :D ehheheh Thanks for share it and fort share your late flowering pics!

Manivelle

Veteran
Hello Maniville,

If you are breeding for tropical/subtropical outdoors weather then of course, but this kind of branching/structure is usually not very desirable for standard modern indoors gardens.

unfortunately :)

but this trait is what make zamal ineresting imho .
and it is intersting for temperate climate too . ;) if crossed with the good ones ..

A few thoughts

A few thoughts

Pulled Z1,Z3 down late last week.Plenty of new blooms still popping up all over the large colas.I found amber on both plants and decided they needed to come down.Z1 has a slight barely noticeable mango type of smell.Very surprised at how heavy these colas are along with two handed girth has really given me a lot more than I expected.Both were chopped at just under 14 weeks.

I am letting the clones get a bit bigger before moving them into the flowering room.I am also using bigger pots with these gals as I have about a foot and half of more height that I can use.For sure I will need stakes for the bigger gals.Ended up with huge surprisingly heavy colas,most likely due to heavy pruning of lower branches,weak thin branches and smaller shaded bud sites.I did this after bud sets appeared to be swelling and forming up colas.This strain is really really branchy so I was pretty ruthless about chopping back all but the main branches and I ended up with long large thick colas.

These gals were pretty easy to work with.I found they really really liked the guano tea feeds and they all exploded with size and a lovely dark green color after 'myco' injections.After that I did my best to 'feed' the soil.As was/is the case with the other tropicals I am running all liked the multi spectrum bulb I was using on one side of the room.As I dial in my feeds I am sure I can easily improve the performance on my next few runs.

I appreciate all of the input and feedback from everyone.In the next month I am going to set up a cab/room to finish off the tropicals 10/14.Not able to move flowering times in the room.The large amount of information on this and other threads helped my first run with tropicals to be successful.Helpful and positive feedback/input has really helped to shorten my(and others) learning curve.

Smoke report coming in the few weeks.I did find these gals do not do well with the quick dry method as a way to ball park how the strain is coming along.They need time to dry correctly and I would 'guess' that at least a 30 day cure to get the most out of this strain when fully finished.Some of these observations may change as I learn more about these gals and gain more experience overall working with these tropicals.I will make sure the buds are fully dried and cured before I give a proper smoke report.I will say right now its strong as fuck.That is pretty high praise coming from me as my tolerance is off the charts high,so if a strain moves the dial at all for me its really strong and potent.

In the same way information shared by others has really helped me and I am hopeful in some small way the info I have shared will help others considering this strain.I really think in the next few years we will all be hearing more about the new super Sativa from ACE.Well done Dubi,thank you for your generous and kind input:tiphat: Take care my friend,be well and most of all be safe everyone:)

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I pulled the african pheno a week or two back and figured I'd report back on the smoke. No pics of the final cut, I watered her figuring the soil was dry - she did not like the moisture while on her last legs. No biggie, just ended up killing her 3 days earlier than planned.

The smoke is stronger, longer lasting and more positive than my first run with the african side of zamaldelica. Instead of the building "fear" in the diaphragm, its more confident, more "I got this." You are still very aware you're high as is present with all of the zamal phenos I've run - probably a product of the malawi influence, but again, its remarkably clear. I cannot maintain conversation while loaded up on the african zamal (or the thai zamal for that matter) - however I am infinitely better at mario kart wii when smoking the african pheno if that makes any sense. The thai side makes me more interested in going outside, gardening, being creative, etc.

My advice still stands, let this strain run till it basically dies out on you and it will reward you for the wait. If your zamal is still throwing white pistils anywhere, you're going to have some scary smoke on your hands which will leave you looking for an indica to calm down the terror side of Zamaldelica's terror-iffic.

idiit

Veteran

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I pulled the african pheno a week or two back and figured I'd report back on the smoke. No pics of the final cut, I watered her figuring the soil was dry - she did not like the moisture while on her last legs. No biggie, just ended up killing her 3 days earlier than planned.

The smoke is stronger, longer lasting and more positive than my first run with the african side of zamaldelica. Instead of the building "fear" in the diaphragm, its more confident, more "I got this." You are still very aware you're high as is present with all of the zamal phenos I've run - probably a product of the malawi influence, but again, its remarkably clear. I cannot maintain conversation while loaded up on the african zamal (or the thai zamal for that matter) - however I am infinitely better at mario kart wii when smoking the african pheno if that makes any sense. The thai side makes me more interested in going outside, gardening, being creative, etc.

My advice still stands, let this strain run till it basically dies out on you and it will reward you for the wait. If your zamal is still throwing white pistils anywhere, you're going to have some scary smoke on your hands which will leave you looking for an indica to calm down the terror side of Zamaldelica's terror-iffic.

Hello Terpene,

Im glad to know the more malawi Zamaldelica influenced pheno has a more kind but still very strong effect, the strong zamal/thai expressions can make you feel like flying, a bit of malawi helps to land :)