What's new

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

Digital/electronic ballasts operate at higher frequency, better to run bulbs listed intended for digital ballast to play nice with the higher frequency.
appreciate you bro. checking the hortilux super hps boxes they say for both mag & digi ballasts. since the e-ballast is adjustable, i was thinking about grabbing a cheap 600w bulb of flee-bay. the cheap bulbs, when you read the descriptions, dont really indicate which ballast is optimal. as a back-up, my goal wasnt to buy the best bulb out there. its a toss up. before i put the ballast away, i want to use it for a week to make sure it can plug & play in an emergency situation. ill check it tonight with the 400w super hps from hortilux to make sure it works. just went through fleebay & cant find shit. maybe my search wording isnt optimum. end of the day, im trying to spend < $25 on a cheap digi rated 600w (over a 400w) bulb.

U

useless.gardens

checking the 2x2 for sexing:

a) 1 of 2 alcatraz og showing as male , fingers crossed hoping the sexy one is female.

b) 2 of 2 cherry malawi showing as male , have another in 24hr veg which was a slow start... just gonna one & done that pheno no matter what as it is way super malawi leaning.

c) no sex showing just yet on 3 blue steel from exotix.

of 3 seedsman cheese... keeping the (2) most/more sativa leaning for extended playtime. one is way affy influenced gonna be a one & done.

of 5 white widow... keeping (2) of the most branchy for extended playtime. 3 going to flower as one & done.

of 4 alien apple warp... keeping 3 for extended playtime... with 2 really sexy phenos that are gonna stick around. most likely, 2 going to be one & done.

unfortunately, cant crack another bean right now.

and i test smoked 2 of the afghan kush phenos... one of them i might have to reveg as its uber potent & very floral.

the keeper. cant say just yet whats her deal. want to grow out a cut & peep her style w/o pollination. she's frosty but nothing like the one i didnt clone. go figure. the keeper is a real nice plant for sure but no loyalty except to the dankest with good yield. flavor is a secondary thing to me.

strux, yield, & potency top my list of traits.

U

useless.gardens

afghan kush selected pheno :
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

some bomb soup recipes. one thing in a pro kitchen, we put the soup together at the last minute. you might make the lobster bisque in the morning or the day before; sure, to some extent, the aforementioned is accurate... but you dont add the pieces of lobster or triple cream or brunoise until the ticket comes & we're ready to serve that individual.

too, if you make soup, and it dont look like the photos in the below article... yeah, you're soup probably sucks.

remember. you dont cook the shit out of everything in one pot. thats not soup ...thats lazy.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...chicken-parmesan-lemon-lentil-burnt-aubergine

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
some bomb soup recipes. one thing in a pro kitchen, we put the soup together at the last minute. you might make the lobster bisque in the morning or the day before; sure, to some extent, the aforementioned is accurate... but you dont add the pieces of lobster or triple cream or brunoise until the ticket comes & we're ready to serve that individual.

too, if you make soup, and it dont look like the photos in the below article... yeah, you're soup probably sucks.

remember. you dont cook the shit out of everything in one pot. thats not soup ...thats lazy.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...chicken-parmesan-lemon-lentil-burnt-aubergine

I just made homemade Beef stroganoff at work last night. Cook the beef up. Remove from pan. Saute onions and mushrooms in that grease. Then make a rue. Add water and a few other ingredients. Then boil and reduce heat. Then add the beef back . For a good 45 mins. Then right at the end the sour cream and Dijon mustard go in. Making sure not to let it boil again. We had a slow night and they ate the over 100 lbs of it I made.

U

useless.gardens

I just made homemade Beef stroganoff at work last night. Cook the beef up. Remove from pan. Saute onions and mushrooms in that grease. Then make a rue. Add water and a few other ingredients. Then boil and reduce heat. Then add the beef back . For a good 45 mins. Then right at the end the sour cream and Dijon mustard go in. Making sure not to let it boil again. We had a slow night and they ate the over 100 lbs of it I made.
love the beef stroganoff on a wide egg noodle. that's some yummy delicious right there. too, making 100lb of anything isnt easy. i know people that can cook rice for four. ask them to make rice for 150 people though... and give them a list of prep work to go with that (i wanted it done not now but mutherfucking right now) & they are gonna look clueless. fuck it, throw in staff lunch on top of all the rest. better be a tasty lunch too. you know chefs are a PIA with their lunch. on my life, i watched a dude get fired over salmon belly stroganoff staff lunch. funniest shit ever... head chef was like who ever made this shit cant cook. you're fired! better step up your staff lunch game. for real, im a staff lunch legend. yezzir!

one day bro you gonna come over the house & we'll feast and smoke like kings ! come in the fall & we can go to a pro basketball game, the aquarium, or something.

today, i destroyed a hammer drill bought at wally world a few months ago. receipt is little over 90 days & they will not take it back. im mansplaining that a real dude buys a tool just in case, just for shits/giggles, or just to attack a project later on down the road. no go! didnt even recognize the 90 day wally world rule. one would think tools have a longer threshold. little miffed. never gonna buy a corded keyless drill ever again. already scooped up a nice hammer drill on fleebay for a great price. old school keyed chuck type. a drill cant hammer away at concrete if the bit keeps spinning. wtf !

is the sfv4dd the jerry stackhouse? or is it a different cut from that strain?

should see this fake91 getting ready to go down. massive!

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
today, i destroyed a hammer drill bought at wally world a few months ago. receipt is little over 90 days & they will not take it back. wtf !

Buy a new one of the same model. Repackage the one that broke and return it with the new receipt.

Seriously. Fuck planned obsolescence.

One of the things that really stuck with me in college was how loss prevention budgets work. If a company sets a 5 million LP budget and has only 3.5 in losses, they will pull 1.5 million from inventory and destroy the product, to ensure, that in future years, if there is a bad year, the budget remains intact.

I have absolutely zero quarrel with helping them met that budget, when they sell me a piece of crap that still cost me my hard earned money. The idea exists, if you aren't wealthy, you don't deserve to have quality things.

This is in part why poor stay poor. Can't afford the good tool that will last you life time so you constantly spend money on replacement items or parts to "just get the job done". Just treading water in the game of life.

This topic, and others like it, seriously make me furious.

dank.Frank

U

useless.gardens

Buy a new one of the same model. Repackage the one that broke and return it with the new receipt.

Seriously. Fuck planned obsolescence.

One of the things that really stuck with me in college was how loss prevention budgets work. If a company sets a 5 million LP budget and has only 3.5 in losses, they will pull 1.5 million from inventory and destroy the product, to ensure, that in future years, if there is a bad year, the budget remains intact.

I have absolutely zero quarrel with helping them met that budget, when they sell me a piece of crap that still cost me my hard earned money. The idea exists, if you aren't wealthy, you don't deserve to have quality things.

This is in part why poor stay poor. Can't afford the good tool that will last you life time so you constantly spend money on replacement items or parts to "just get the job done". Just treading water in the game of life.

This topic, and others like it, seriously make me furious.

dank.Frank

i feel you. the hyper tough tools arent so bad. i have an impact driver thats super duper great. the circular saw & jigsaw are also bomb. the sawzall... meh... but its still doing a great job... just a little weak sauce at 7 amps... still running nicely though.

that hammer drill... piece of shit. had to drill the basement floor for the sink as i hate a sink that moves. plus with our hobby, i need the sink to stay put when i drop buckets into it, fill shit up, and the like. maybe used the hammer drill for 6 holes and the chuck is toast. it'll still drill soft shit like wood. i dont even want another one cause for a hammer drill you need to be able to tighten the chuck with a key to lock that bit down. its all good, i bought a nice hammer drill on ebay (new) for $30. its a better tool for sure. ill keep the hyper tough for basic wood drilling as i have to cut holes for the vanity plumbing & water lines. i love corded tools for the endless power. dont get it twisted, cordless is great. but plugging into the wall is where its at for unlimited asskicking.

i did, however, look all over the internet for the company. hyper tough isnt even a company. the company is called "test right tools" out of taiwan. they have an office in cali... so you know i emailed them... & will continue to track down somebody to honor the function of their product. i plan to harass walmart corporate tomorrow :)

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

got some packs of beans from a garden gnome.

chemdawg x stardawg ix
garlic breath x stardawg ix
dank zappa x stardawg ix
mystery chem x stardawg ix
sour dubbs x stardawg ix
stardawg ix (f2)

thanks my man. appreciate the love. seeds are the gift that keep on giving!!!!

ive got no more room to crack a fucking single bean.

however, i do have have a FAT stable of sluts for playtime. im like robert kraft at the massage parlor.

rub & tug baby !
we gonna have a happy ending soon as these flowers finish. puff. puff. pass.

U

useless.gardens

made a mistake. its tough as the time i spent in jail fucked my eyes up. was denied glasses for months & months & the pigs wouldnt let me have my pair from home. they did that on purpose. and, prison management punished me for working in the law library & writing mad grievances.

all the reading i did in lockup with glasses i got from other inmates, went from wearing reggie glasses to bifocals as a result.

but... one of my KOS cherry malawi (the nicest one) is a female. love it. so happy. those seeds gonna pay for themselves. & still got pack and a half left. really happy about this discovery.

definitely gonna have to hit that girl with some pollen.

looking like cherry malawi (KOS) x alcatraz og (nor'star).

U

useless.gardens

bada boom:

get tent. fill tent.
the program is that simple. lol.

doing 24 hrs dark & a new light cycle starting tomorrow morning.

got 2 @ angelica , nl x bb , stardawg (guava) , and gg#4 in this space.

gonna rock them on a 400w mh bulb for a week. then switch to cmh for 2 weeks. then super hps for the duration.

ill have the space from where these plants were taken filled in < 2 hours :) wanna get my feather duster & tidy up the place.

Last edited:

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Ok, we should pick a moniker, either fake 91 or mystery chem, not both. Makes it appear they are 2 different plants. And since it isn't actually either, it should be summed up. Especially since she seems to be getting around.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Ok, we should pick a moniker, either fake 91 or mystery chem, not both. Makes it appear they are 2 different plants. And since it isn't actually either, it should be summed up. Especially since she seems to be getting around.

I agree. At first, I used to call her fake 91, but saw that almost everybody outside of icmag calls her Mystery Chem. So I’ve been going with the masses and using mystery chem. F91 is a cooler name but let’s face it, there’s gotta be a bazillion fake 91s out there!

U

useless.gardens

if its fake its fake. im just calling it what DTOG calls it.

i also like "tire plant" cause it reminds me of being downwind near the burnout box at the drag strip just as a tire factory catches on fire.

however, if people are calling it mystery chem... im cool with it.

plus, the mystery of mystery chem sounds so mysteriously mysterious i just rather call it that.

U

useless.gardens

I never called it 91 & it came from me.
good to know. like i noted, its what the labels said in the box & what my man calls/called it.

lol... im not changing the plant tags... it dont get that deep over here.

for future reference, the sake of accuracy, and to maintain the mysteriousness of the mystery , ill call it mystery chem.

if it keeps things cohesive, no problem.

Latest posts

Latest posts