What's new

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

you guys are the BEST !!!!

I would agree that replacing the sill plate is the main concern. Which just means cleaning the area out and putting a treated 2x laying between the foundation wall and the floor joists then just block between the floor joists with a 2x10 or 12. The outside will be worth uncovering to see but I bet that will fix it.

i got 95% of what you just wrote.

what do you mean by "block between the floor joists with a 2x10 or 12".

you mean sister?

or go on the outside and replace the wood on the ends of the joists with a 2x12 (that the size for sure)?

i dont think the joist ends are damaged in any way.

please explain.

U

useless.gardens

ow wait... you mean cut pieces to fit in between the joists... in order to block between.

cant i just replace the rim joist on the outside. ill be taking off the old asbestos siding & removing the handicap deck/ramp anyway.

then ill have my concrete guy do a pad in the area (before he does the driveway, so it'll be like splitting a pad in half) so that i can put new steps up to the side of the house/kitchen (and a new door as well).

then i can fix the rim joist (see how many times i used the word already :) , replace any sheathing (which looks like concrete gypsum type shit from before i was a sperm cell) , add insulation board... isnt there insulation board that is a vapor barrier too... or would i tyvek over the insulation board... and then do the siding?

everything in this house is ancient bro. it's all gotta go. every window, door, cabinet, fucking everything ...its all dated, ugly, old, beat up, and yucky.

fuck it all !

new everything !

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yeah you got it. It won’t be nothing but a distant memory once you get done. All that other interior finish work is what takes the time. Gotta have a project to keep you from wanting one.

U

useless.gardens

i edited my last post. check it again please. cause im removing the asbestos shingles anyway. so cant i get at the rim joist from the outside vs. block from the inside?

the area i show in the picture... you can see out the house... eaten clean through. could easily push my finger through that part of the rim joist. like paper thin.

so if i blocked between... id have to "toe into" the floor joists?

i agree... the sill plate gotta get fixed... and i gotcha with regard to what part bears the load.

you the man bro !

U

useless.gardens

where do you get those jacks from? the depot? or shmoes?

can i rent them?

U

useless.gardens

once i was at the zoo on a date. my girl & i... we're walking through the big cat section.

there's this family in front of us by 25' or so.

they stop, kids snarling, acting like assholes, mom acting stupid, dad being a total fag, & start gawking & taunting this tiger.

quick as lightening, the tiger turns around & shoots a hard stream of piss all over this family.

no lie, they get it in their faces, their hair, on their clothes, the works.

needless to say, i learned a lot about life that day.

other than getting pissed on, which only happens when im in a rush in the bathroom, today i learned tons.

you guys rule !

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Sorry I stepped out to the cave. Yeah if you can get to the rim joist from the outside you could replace a section of it or even just scab over it. Just depends on how it’s all set up. The blocks don’t have to be screwed much it’s just holding shape. Use quality screws for everything. You are on the right track

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Sorry I stepped out to the cave. Yeah if you can get to the rim joist from the outside you could replace a section of it or even just scab over it. Just depends on how it’s all set up. The blocks don’t have to be screwed much it’s just holding shape. Use quality screws for everything. You are on the right track

Can always tell who's worked in construction or around it most of their life. Regular people don't use the term "scab over" when fixing something, lol. I haven't heard the term used like that in a couple years. Instantly gave me flashbacks of fixing up a buddy's garage with him.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
i think i can do it myself. if i put a small block chevy into a volvo, wtf, i can do this.

haha thats the spirit, What kind of Volvo was it?

once i was at the zoo on a date. my girl & i... we're walking through the big cat section.

there's this family in front of us by 25' or so.

they stop, kids snarling, acting like assholes, mom acting stupid, dad being a total fag, & start gawking & taunting this tiger.

quick as lightening, the tiger turns around & shoots a hard stream of piss all over this family.

no lie, they get it in their faces, their hair, on their clothes, the works.

needless to say, i learned a lot about life that day.

other than getting pissed on, which only happens when im in a rush in the bathroom, today i learned tons.

you guys rule !

I used to work with exotic animals/at the zoo, this brought back some great memories haha thanks. (camels dont spit saliva, they launch bile/stomach acid at people and can burn skin...)

Respect to everyone dropping insight!

U

useless.gardens

haha thats the spirit, What kind of Volvo was it?

I used to work with exotic animals/at the zoo, this brought back some great memories haha thanks. (camels dont spit saliva, they launch bile/stomach acid at people and can burn skin...)

Respect to everyone dropping insight!

1990 volvo 240 w/ a 350 small block chevy, 700r4 trans, and a dana 60 rear. droped 3". all new everything. from the driveshaft to the bushings to the interior. even the windows were replaced with sleek units from a 93 240.

once i build a garage. gonna do another car. thinking about something full frame. 62-64 caddy coupe de ville. 68-70 buick electra 225. for the power, would like a 572 to 605 big block chevy on a centrifugal supercharger.

should have water turned on within the hour. stoked. this entire garden done on spring water. lol. from clones to seedlings to mothers to veg to flower, gotta be 100 plants.

<3

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It’s a fun time to be alive, I mean with a little focus you can build anything. Every tool and every part is a push of the thumb away. Gotta have a project. Vehicles are fun ones.

U

useless.gardens

water is on !

no leaks in any of the plumbing lines.

tankless is SICK ! works like a champion.

samsung washing machine that came with the house (sitting for 3 years) is throwing an error code, so im gonna try to either barter the pair (w/ dryer) to a used appliance store... or figure out something else. i need a basement fridge too. so, for a fuck around washer & smaller fridge for extra storage, used appliance store is my best bet. im gonna spend a couple of hours cleaning out the filters & fucking with the samsung, but i got a feeling it needs repair.

with OCD, i definitely need 1 new washer/dryer combo. going with this super pair by speed queen.

made in the USA & the only units with a BOMB warranty : https://www.speedqueen.com

the basement sink is draining mad slow... it cant be a major issue... cause the washer further up (main) line drains fine.

should have the basement sink drain issue resolved in a day or two.

and i need to install more talons (pex staples) to make the lines nice and snug now they got water in them.

pex mani-block is SICK too. love it.

from the jail call to loosing all my shit to living this new life... im so happy :)

at least i can water my plants w/o a trip to the store & a cart full of spring water !!! check out lady must think every 2 days im like super thirsty or something.

i should crack some seeds :)

cant wait to get some more cuts :)

U

useless.gardens

well i think fixing the samsung washer isnt gonna be too bad.

was thinking how could the pump or emergency drain hose not even pass water or the basket not move?

& no wonder the machine cant spin & is throwing an error code.

i gotta feeling few hours of work taking out the drum (within a drum) gonna pay off.

bottom 3rd of the front loader is petrified (no exaggeration) with this shit:

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

is that really old detergent?

yep. & some of it is like concrete. like when you drop it on the ground it sounds like a rock or similar. the piece you see, which is a little softer, can be crushed by foot. the shit lining the drum bottom is like fucking stone -holding everything in place to keep it from spinning/working.

U

useless.gardens

i wanna do a plant count. curious how many plants i was raising up, like good childrens, on bottled water. fucking nutty! things we do for flower. but useless needs to smoke some dank cause its on my mind a bunch.

still not maximizing the camera. i have no time to read a 140 page manual & experiment with settings. few months and ill be taking better pics.

flower tent tonight:

silver crisp
picture.php

afghan kush
picture.php

desconocida kush
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

my next cross should be stardawg guava x alien apple warp.

should be some fun.

& i'll name it something i was gonna use before: buck rodgers time

U

useless.gardens

they're gonna be using this against us. quick read. it seems as though technology is being repurposed, the future is looking more grim in terms of mind control than ever before. AI not used for medical or engineering purposes, can suck a dick. for example, smartphones already think for so many people that humans have become flesh & blood "dumb devices" without them... what's that say about the origin of content we find all over the "internets" : https://www.theguardian.com/technol...musk-backed-ai-writes-convincing-news-fiction