What's new

You know you live in the country if......

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I believe some 45s produce 1100 + fps. I'm waiting for that in a semi-auto pistol.

Tuning the Impact X is allot like reloading powder. You have hammer spring pressure and regulated air pressure. It is allot like primer and powder. In the end you tune for accuracy or speed / power. Having the barrel crowned helps too. Some folks take this to the N-th degree.

furthering: new to the country

furthering: new to the country

1) mouse traps in the basement kills 3 mice and 2 baby snakes. Do I have full-grown snakes in the AC ducting? Disgusting. I can't get used to this.

2) I smelled shit in the house all day long today. Literal shit. I'm obsessively clean. I washed the dog; wasn't him. I washed myself, twice, wasn't me. Turns out- get this- the reason my house smelled like shit is because...there was shit everywhere.

A bear tried to get into the chicken coop last night. Long story short I wandered into the coop in my flip-flops and forgot to take them off when I entered the house.

Spent 3 hours tonight on my hands and knees with white vinegar.

St. Phatty

So another question about re-loading -

if a bullet does not fit into the headspace gauge, and you rotate the bullet 180 and then it does fit - does it pass ?

I would say, it does not pass, if you're re-loading for semi-auto, because they are more sensitive to bullets being out of spec.

It's good enough for a bolt action. Not that bolt action deserves crappy bullets, just that the act of getting the bolt shut SAFELY can still be achieved, on a bolt action.

On a semi-auto, a round being .010 inches too long can literally jam the rifle in the firing position, with the safety STUCK on "Fire", AND a live round in the chamber, AND the firing pin 1/4 inch away almost ready to fire.

That's why I use a headspace gauge.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

You realize that Peter Paul von Mauser was a friggin' genius....

His invention may have been slow compared to today's standards,
but it was foolproof, and never left you in a compromised position...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Browning and the 1911 are high on my list.

I had a 1917 Enfield 3006, sporterized with the sight ears milled of and a Monte Carlo stock.
It was the British / American copies of the Mauser. The 303 Enfield was the all British one.

Man did that gun kick. In general, I think reliability is a trade off for accuracy

Im'One

Browning and the 1911 are high on my list.

I had a 1917 Enfield 3006, sporterized with the sight ears milled of and a Monte Carlo stock.
It was the British / American copies of the Mauser. The 303 Enfield was the all British one.

Man did that gun kick. In general, I think reliability is a trade off for accuracy
I have your rifle...walnut monte carlo stock and weaver scope

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I have your rifle...walnut monte carlo stock and weaver scope

I remember seeing surplus Enfields crated in cosmoline for 20 bucks.
That was the nicest conversion with the machine work done on the action, a sport barrel and beautiful wood.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an original series Phaser ... the most bad-assed hand gun ever !:dance013:
picture.php

St. Phatty

Why is 357 Magnum almost always sold as a Revolver ?

Is it related to the ammo having a rim ?

There is the Magnum research handgun but it's not a commercial product in the US.

igrowone

Veteran

There is the Magnum research handgun but it's not a commercial product in the US.
there's a non revolver version?
sounds cool in a military kind of way

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

It is the rim ammo.
The closest in a semi auto that I know of is a 380.

You know you live in the country when you hear a gunshot at 3am and say "niice."

My old neighbor used to use a 17hmr etc and a thermal scope to snipe racoons, coyotes, and minks..... Dude had an extremely complete show car too.... He must grow weed or something.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

You can pick up a IWI or magnum research desert eagle in 44 mag or 357 for $700-1,300 used all day.

You can also get the Coonan in 357 mag for $1,300+

Also got the Auto Mag and LAR Grizzly brands of obscure rimmed and or magnum semi autos.

You can get them in levers, and a couple pumps.

357 is a sweet round. Really barks with a longer than snub barrel.

Once you fire a long magnum cartridge in a semi, all other pistols seem light and tiny in your hand. The rounds are literally longer than the grip on a 1911 for instance.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just had a "deep stoner thought" about a lot of things that I've just been taking for granted, for the last 8 years...

It's a little different living in the country, but I LOVE it!!

"You know you live in the country if"....
You own a 4x4 just so you can get down your own driveway and the street you live on...:biggrin:
. I found this ...
picture.php
picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You can pick up a IWI or magnum research desert eagle in 44 mag or 357 for $700-1,300 used all day.

You can also get the Coonan in 357 mag for $1,300+

Also got the Auto Mag and LAR Grizzly brands of obscure rimmed and or magnum semi autos.

You can get them in levers, and a couple pumps.

357 is a sweet round. Really barks with a longer than snub barrel.

Once you fire a long magnum cartridge in a semi, all other pistols seem light and tiny in your hand. The rounds are literally longer than the grip on a 1911 for instance.

I have a beretta CO2 pellet gun. That thing can take an eye out. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts