What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I believe some 45s produce 1100 + fps. I'm waiting for that in a semi-auto pistol.

Tuning the Impact X is allot like reloading powder. You have hammer spring pressure and regulated air pressure. It is allot like primer and powder. In the end you tune for accuracy or speed / power. Having the barrel crowned helps too. Some folks take this to the N-th degree.

furthering: new to the country

furthering: new to the country

1) mouse traps in the basement kills 3 mice and 2 baby snakes. Do I have full-grown snakes in the AC ducting? Disgusting. I can't get used to this.

2) I smelled shit in the house all day long today. Literal shit. I'm obsessively clean. I washed the dog; wasn't him. I washed myself, twice, wasn't me. Turns out- get this- the reason my house smelled like shit is because...there was shit everywhere.

A bear tried to get into the chicken coop last night. Long story short I wandered into the coop in my flip-flops and forgot to take them off when I entered the house.

Spent 3 hours tonight on my hands and knees with white vinegar.

St. Phatty

So another question about re-loading -

if a bullet does not fit into the headspace gauge, and you rotate the bullet 180 and then it does fit - does it pass ?

I would say, it does not pass, if you're re-loading for semi-auto, because they are more sensitive to bullets being out of spec.

It's good enough for a bolt action. Not that bolt action deserves crappy bullets, just that the act of getting the bolt shut SAFELY can still be achieved, on a bolt action.

On a semi-auto, a round being .010 inches too long can literally jam the rifle in the firing position, with the safety STUCK on "Fire", AND a live round in the chamber, AND the firing pin 1/4 inch away almost ready to fire.

That's why I use a headspace gauge.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

You realize that Peter Paul von Mauser was a friggin' genius....

His invention may have been slow compared to today's standards,
but it was foolproof, and never left you in a compromised position...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Browning and the 1911 are high on my list.

I had a 1917 Enfield 3006, sporterized with the sight ears milled of and a Monte Carlo stock.
It was the British / American copies of the Mauser. The 303 Enfield was the all British one.

Man did that gun kick. In general, I think reliability is a trade off for accuracy

Im'One

Browning and the 1911 are high on my list.

I had a 1917 Enfield 3006, sporterized with the sight ears milled of and a Monte Carlo stock.
It was the British / American copies of the Mauser. The 303 Enfield was the all British one.

Man did that gun kick. In general, I think reliability is a trade off for accuracy
I have your rifle...walnut monte carlo stock and weaver scope

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I have your rifle...walnut monte carlo stock and weaver scope

I remember seeing surplus Enfields crated in cosmoline for 20 bucks.
That was the nicest conversion with the machine work done on the action, a sport barrel and beautiful wood.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an original series Phaser ... the most bad-assed hand gun ever !:dance013:
picture.php

St. Phatty

Why is 357 Magnum almost always sold as a Revolver ?

Is it related to the ammo having a rim ?

There is the Magnum research handgun but it's not a commercial product in the US.

igrowone

Veteran

There is the Magnum research handgun but it's not a commercial product in the US.
there's a non revolver version?
sounds cool in a military kind of way

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

It is the rim ammo.
The closest in a semi auto that I know of is a 380.

You know you live in the country when you hear a gunshot at 3am and say "niice."

My old neighbor used to use a 17hmr etc and a thermal scope to snipe racoons, coyotes, and minks..... Dude had an extremely complete show car too.... He must grow weed or something.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

You can pick up a IWI or magnum research desert eagle in 44 mag or 357 for $700-1,300 used all day.

You can also get the Coonan in 357 mag for $1,300+

Also got the Auto Mag and LAR Grizzly brands of obscure rimmed and or magnum semi autos.

You can get them in levers, and a couple pumps.

357 is a sweet round. Really barks with a longer than snub barrel.

Once you fire a long magnum cartridge in a semi, all other pistols seem light and tiny in your hand. The rounds are literally longer than the grip on a 1911 for instance.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just had a "deep stoner thought" about a lot of things that I've just been taking for granted, for the last 8 years...

It's a little different living in the country, but I LOVE it!!

"You know you live in the country if"....
You own a 4x4 just so you can get down your own driveway and the street you live on...:biggrin:
. I found this ...
picture.php
picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You can pick up a IWI or magnum research desert eagle in 44 mag or 357 for $700-1,300 used all day.

You can also get the Coonan in 357 mag for $1,300+

Also got the Auto Mag and LAR Grizzly brands of obscure rimmed and or magnum semi autos.

You can get them in levers, and a couple pumps.

357 is a sweet round. Really barks with a longer than snub barrel.

Once you fire a long magnum cartridge in a semi, all other pistols seem light and tiny in your hand. The rounds are literally longer than the grip on a 1911 for instance.

I have a beretta CO2 pellet gun. That thing can take an eye out. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts