What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

St. Phatty

Wheel pistols:
When I think .357, I think Colt
When I think .38, I think S&W
When I think .44, I think Ruger

Somebody asked me once what my favorite gun was. They are tools to me, and it would be hard to say which tool is your favorite, wouldn't it?

My favorite is the DPMS with the 24 inch barrel & 10" twist 308.

It's HEAVY, recoil is great.

BUT when I shot with it yesterday, I didn't get any groups near as tight as with the 20 inch barrel.

Though the bipod was not as solid as the rifle with the 20 inch barrel.

I took inventory of all my Primers (Large Rifle).

Found an extra 100 CCI. I prefer Winchester so that had a good side effect, I was avoiding the CCI.

So now I have about 150 primed brass and about 350 primers, for 308.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

You realize you better be a big, tough MFer if you're gonna shoot 30-30 from a revolver!:D

Magnum Research has their BFR chambered for 30-30...TC Contenders been available in good ol' thutty thutty for years. i like my wrists the way they are now...unbroken. :woohoo:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Magnum Research has their BFR chambered for 30-30...TC Contenders been available in good ol' thutty thutty for years. i like my wrists the way they are now...unbroken. :woohoo:
I owned and shot, quite a bit, a TCC in 35Remingon, hand loads and Leupold 4x Long Eye Relief scope. It had the 15' (or was it 14"?) Bull barrel and Pacmayer grips. It was a fantastic shooting pistol. 200 yard shots on metal chuck gave near 100% hits from a bench. Recoil wasnt any more than a .44Mag. I regret selling it. Most vicious recoil came from that same TCC in 44mag with a 10" non bull barrel. 3 shots would tear a dime sized piece of skin from my right thumb knuckle, even with a glove it wasnt fun at all. Total of only 10 rounds before it was sold.

Those people that shoot that .410 derringer must need some hand strength though.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
7" Redhawk, pachmyr grips. Not bad to shoot even with 300gr HPs, just hang on to it.

Double action 44 mag. Nice.

I had a Ruger MKV I bought new. When I got it every screw slot was damaged and the front sight was loose bc the threads were stripped. It did not shoot straight either. I sent the gun to Bill Ruger with a note saying that I owned several Rugers and this was a big disappointment. About a week later I got a fedex with an official letter stating that this frame and serial number had been destroyed and replaced with another serial number. About another week later I got another fedex with the new gun. Every screw slot lined up perfectly on the receiver and front sight. A buddy told me it was a competition grade. Straight shooting gun, still have it.

St. Phatty

in the movies they sometimes show "red dot" sighting, where your firearm has a bolt on laser, so something like that.

Is there something like that for handguns, where the red dot shines on where the bullet is going to be going ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in the movies they sometimes show "red dot" sighting, where your firearm has a bolt on laser, so something like that.

Is there something like that for handguns, where the red dot shines on where the bullet is going to be going ?

yes. Smith & Wesson sells a buttload of CrimsonTrace models with the laser built into the grips.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Dangerous I say, those laser pointers are an indication of how many feel they should not be in people's hands. Something the size of an orange or deck of cards simple enough for anyone to point and activate a deadly weapon.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
When I saw that I thought it's probably registered. And there isn't much more scary than a child with a handgun or someone who behaves like a child :crazy:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts