What's new

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.

• ya

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • nay

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Che

Veteran
Looking good in here barth.. I always wondered what they used to make the slime on YCDTOTV.. i remember it kinda looked like sloppy coleslaw.. My only suggestion is you slime someone at some point :D

barth

Looking good in here barth.. I always wondered what they used to make the slime on YCDTOTV.. i remember it kinda looked like sloppy coleslaw.. My only suggestion is you slime someone at some point :D

That was some nasty slime. Nothing like the sterile looking stuff they use on Nickelodeon now.

Besides no one will get slimed unless they say the magic words. ;-)

barth

Just opened the cabinet today to check on the ladies and the smell of lemony skunk was unreal. I know for a fact my do it yourself scrubber is working! I cant wait for the Super Lemon Haze to finish and get at least a month cure. I think it will be wonderful.

I'm considering using the Lavender Strictly for bubble hash. Is that a bad idea?

barth

DAAAAAA i always seem to really over veg.

I normally have piles of branches and leaves that i have to cut off before stretch ends. This must just be proof that im a newbie at the scrog thing.

I did a little training today. I was going to wait until tomorrow but our trash runs today and wanted to get the leaves in the green recycle can so they aren't just sitting around rotting for a week.

Here is the Lavender. I think stretch is going to be ok. It was 9 inches over the screen at its tallest top on day 13 of flower. I pulled it down about 3 inches to even out the canopy. DAAAA forgot to get a pic of the even canopy. I also cut off some leaves as they were overlapping the other screen of blocking light to it. I get very chop happy sometimes.

With the Blue Mystic is Doing good at day 6 of flower. Got chop happy on her ass too. I rearranged some branches and chopped some extra branches and leaves off.

Before chop massacre

Blue Mystic . Day 6. After training

Darth Fader

Very nice Barth. What's your avg yield w/ that 400? Is this your first run w/ the mod-scrog? Is that chicken wire tough to deal with (small openings) or just about right?

barth

This will be my first run with the mod scrog. I used to get about 300 grams every 70 days with a sort of sog. I didn't like the yield or the large plant count.

The chicken wire sucks. The problem is the branches have to be assisted through the holes and its so thin that it cuts the leaves and stems if not careful.

I Will be getting rid of it after this run. i will be going to a 2.5 inch screen size. I will cut this to fit my screen frame. Its a shame because the chicken wire took forever to do and cut me all up.

I have it set up to harvest 2 screens every 35 days. However some strains come out sooner or later. Not a big deal. I cant wait to see what my yield will be. It looks MUCH improved and the buds are bigger and there is NO popcorn.

barth

Tomorrow is the official update day for my diary but i just snapped this picture. The cabinet is filling up nicely.
Super Lemon haze on the left
Soma Lavender on the top right
Blue Mystic on bottom right.

barth

Update day 4/23/10

Update day 4/23/10

Update day 4/23/10

People must be watching. I seem have quite a few views on my diary.

Well the SLH was given a last dose of ferts,at day 52 of flowering. I gave them 3oz of bloom granuals and watered with plain RO water. The pistils are nearly all brown now. I might start a thread on the infirmirary just incase something is wrong. They could just be changing because of the foliar spray.

The Soma Lavander has stretched even more. It is 10 inches over the top of the screen,at day 17 of flowering. It is becoming a monster. It will get 3oz of Grow granuals tomorrow.

I love the way the leaves look on this strain. Lavander has leaves like ive never grown before. Very exoctic looking. Atleast they are exotic looking to me. :)

The Nirvana Blue Mystic is taking off at 10 of flowering. It will also get some granuals tomorrow.

Hope you all like!!!:thank you: for stopping by.

MushWeed

Hi barth

I like what you're doing with the Lemon.
When I'm thinking of harvesting a new plant for the first time I consider three things - how long I expect her to go, how the pistils/trics look, and the condition of the plant (leaves mainly).

Your Lemon's pistils say she's ready but I see a lot of life left in the leaves that she may be willing to put into bud. This is a good time to stop nutes, and you could even do a long flush to see if you get any more bud growth and leaf yellow.

I think most of us harvest too early anyway.
Good job!

barth

kannubis Thanks for check out my grow.

MushWeed I agree with you on the harvest time. I might have made a mistake by using nutes today. I use granuals that last about 2 weeks. I havent checked the trics in about a week, i will tomorrow. The buds are still packing on weight being that i do a weekly picture update i can tell how they are doing.

I really like how my scrog is going. I dont mind them getting over the screen a bit since i use a 400 watt light. It has decent penetration up to 18 inches. My light is 18 inches above the top of the screen so i think they are getting plenty of light.

5th

Veteran
Looking real good. I'll be watching and learning.

Was wondering how turned down your fan is running. Is your scrubber attached to the same inline you are using for heat ventilation?

barth

5th Hey man, hows it going? Yes the fan is attached to the light and scrubber. I vent the hot air into the attic.

The fan controller has 3 settings. I can get away with low in the winter and i have to bump it up to med in the summer. I have four 4' inch holes as a passive intake.

Here is the controller i use.

picture.php

barth

Today is the day i do my weekly spray with Greencure. I also decided to check the trichs on the SLH. They are still about 30% cloudy, 10% amber and 60% clear. I guess it is right where it should be for day 56 of flowering.

The biggest shocker for me is still the stretch on the lavender. It seems to still be stretching at day 21. I opened my cab yesterday and it had stretched to within 5 inches of my light. I have a cool tube so no damage was done by heat.

I decided to do a little training and bondage with it. I tried to pull the larger tops down a bit. i got them down about 4 inches. That will put it 9 inches from my light. This is a good distance for my setup.

Here is what i mean. This picture was taken after i rotated the screen so the largest tops are on the outside.

Here is my attempt at pulling them down.

before

after

barth

scrog help needed.

scrog help needed.

Hello all,

I need some advice from the scrog experts. I am at day 15 of flowering this Blue Mystic. I ran into a situation where about 1/5 of the screen didnt develop one tall top but rather 3 little mini tops each spot. I try for 3 rows of 5 tops. They only got about half as tall as the rest of the canopy.

I was wondering if i should let them be or chop 2 of the mini sites so that i have one little top in each spot instead of 3 little tops per spot.

Here is what i mean.

Thanks for the help.