Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

Hi everybody, i was one of the lucky people chosen to demo the new 205 watt LED units from LEDGirl/Hydro Grow LED. The deal was that i would replace the 250watt HID in my cabinet with the 205watt LED unit and see how it compared. Some of you may have been following my previous 'quarters' grow diary - in which case this is going to look quite familiar . The intention is to see how the yield and quality compare with the different lights. i will be running some cuts that have been run a time or two before in the cab - as well as some new strains to keep it interesting - so we will be able to make some comparisons over the next couple of grows if all goes well.

So, my cabinet is 70cm wide by 60cm deep and is split into quarters with 4 modular scrog screens - each of them just over a foot square, i flower 4 plants in there at a time, one on each screen and i'm currently using 15litre / 3.5gallon pots. The height from floor to base of the LED unit is 90cm or 3 feet. Ventilation is provided by a Ruck temperature controlled 4" inline fan, running through a carbon filter that is sited above the light. passive intakes are on the floor of the cab.

pics - here is the cab with the light - it fits beautifully into the cab and is centred and leveled - you can see the small computer fan which circulates air over the canopy.

and switched on

and the plants (some of these pics are a little darker than i would like):-
firstly is a blueberry - from a Dutch Passion fem seed. this is my oldest and favorite cut, a decent yielder with some pretty cool foxtailing buds. a handsome plant

seems a shame to do this to it really but...

and introducing Lemon Thai F3 from Bodhi, these were only available for a short time and i was happy to snag some - just happened to be in the right place at the right time
these were regular seeds and i had 4 plants which all ended up as females! (they were vegged under my 63w LED unit which did a great job - better than my 100w cfl veg cab),
so i will be running two in this cab - they are supposed to be good yielders. This is Lemon Thai 1 which looked the most indica dom in veg

and with the screen fitted - always hard to know how much they will stretch on the first run but fingers crossed they will be ok

and this is Lemon Thai 4 - which looked the most sativa of the 4

and with screen fitted

the fourth plant is a Power Plant - came to me as a cut but presumably Dutch Passion. that will be vegged for another week before it goes in - it flowers faster than the others so will probably finish at a similar time.

here is the cab with 3 plants under the light - having one plant missing actually helps to show how the cab works.

and one showing the pots - being able to adjust the heights is the secret to running different strains in a scrog as the canopy can be kept even

and one showing the base of the cab. vent holes are the white tube in the middle of the tray (this is sealed so the plants can be left sitting in water if necessary and to stop any runoff leaks) and also to either side of the tray.

i think that's it for now - any questions please feel free to ask

cheers

VG.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 PM #2
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
this post reserved

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:06 PM #3
ft100

ft100 has a spectacular aura aboutft100 has a spectacular aura aboutft100 has a spectacular aura aboutft100 has a spectacular aura aboutft100 has a spectacular aura about
Unbelievable. After your last run with LEDs I can't wait. I really want to drop a 205 in a 2x2 spot and scrog. How hot is the 205? I was also lucky enough to get some lemon Thais from the same source so I'm very interests because it is not a well documented strain. Anyways, nothing but good vibes. Peace and smoke.
ft100 is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2010, 07:28 PM #4
apollonio

apollonio will become famous soon enoughapollonio will become famous soon enough
i don't think i need to say i'll be watching!

as usual, your plants look so healthy... i'm curious to see how de lemon thais will do!

best wishes V!
apollonio is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM #5
barth
Daaaaa I heard that!

barth has a spectacular aura aboutbarth has a spectacular aura aboutbarth has a spectacular aura aboutbarth has a spectacular aura about
When i see the colors of these led it always reminds me of a night club or fake haunted house.

Im sure this will be a great show.

You cant do that on Television... 400w Mod SCROG.
barth is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2010, 08:05 PM #6
K.J
Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!

K.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura aboutK.J has a spectacular aura about
Nice one Verdant! Three of my favorite things coming together in one grow: LED's, organics, and mod scrogs! I'm already organic, but I hope to go mod scrog at some point, and maybe even LED's as I love the success people have been having with these particular units.

My grow journals:

3rd Grow and Perpetual growing journal (begun 1/1/10):
~[Kief Junkie & Q.K.] 250w Organic Soil NGB style MediCab (perpetual, var. strains)~

2nd grow [completed 8/31/09]:
~(Kief Junkie & Q.K.) 250w Organic Medi-Cab (Royal Hawaiian, W. Rhino, Bubblicious)~

1st grow [completed 6/2/09]:
~Kief Junkie & QueenKief's 250w Organic Medi-Cab (soil) Grow!~ ~The Pure & Blue Mystic~
(also contains pics and info on our NGB style cab build)

"Pot doesn't lead to harder drugs, it leads to gardening."
~ Dennis Leary, remixed
K.J is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 PM #7
Irie_Lion
Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!

Irie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to allIrie_Lion is a name known to all
Whats up VG.....Glad to see this thread get started!!! Looks like your plants are off to a nice start and gona fill them screens quick. I'll be watching this one closely

Good vibez

Irie_Lion is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2010, 10:01 PM #8
GrnMtnGrwr

GrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the roughGrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the roughGrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the roughGrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the roughGrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the roughGrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the roughGrnMtnGrwr is a jewel in the rough
You know how to use those mod scrogs... can't wait to see how they do under LED, should be the best way to use them.

GrnMtnGrwr is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 AM #9
MeanBean
LED Enthusiast

MeanBean has a spectacular aura aboutMeanBean has a spectacular aura aboutMeanBean has a spectacular aura aboutMeanBean has a spectacular aura about
Hey V, I think this will be the first grow of yours I can watch from start to finish! Plants look 100% healthy, nice size too. I plan on learning from this thread to see just how you control the plants with your patented custom V screens... I gotta watch though Cause I cant use the ole "raise the bucket with a wood pad" trick with hydro lol!!

I am sure you will be tickled pink when you see your final harvest results with this 205 beast.. I am growing 4 plants with my 126 watter, it is going to be nice to compare to this and all the other LED grows popin' on ICmag.com right now... Good Times!!

Be sure to be watching your temps bro, there going to be a bit diffrent. I bought a "dial a Temp" switch just in case my cab got to cold, i would just turn dow the fan speed a bit..
MeanBean is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2010, 01:42 PM #10
blynx
WALSTIB

blynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud ofblynx has much to be proud of
Love your setup, looking forward to seeing this grow!
blynx is offline Quote