What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Grow Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

2st4this

very nice and a big respect to everyone who grow in such little pots
which way is the best for watering, a passiv hydro system or watering by hand or did you use a drip system?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, bigups E&A, looks like 3x roots vs medium in those pots..... def interestedin you final dry weight per plant.... fuckin a.... good job

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
looks like 3x roots vs medium in those pots

def interestedin you final dry weight per plant

the roots definitely stole every bit of space they could. the coco in the middle is full of roots even though you cant see them real well in the picture, but the roots on the outside pretty much took over and actually squeezed/compressed the coco into the center of the root ball to make space for themselves. i don't know how many laps the roots ran/grew around the yogurt cup to accomplish that but it was a bunch.

i think i'm gonna try to figure out a way to make the coco "fluffy-er-er" next round so the plant has a little more leg room

me too! gonna be at least 4 or 5 more days before i can get em dry enough to cut and go onto the scale and into a jar though. FWIW it doesn't look like the yield is going to be as good as the G13 gear was in the last round. we'll find out soon:clock watch:

Kiptus

Hi whats up guys have found this thread after i have let a bagseed from a nothorn light sit in a small cup just for fun and to check for hermi tendensies also have take a clone from it before it flowered just in case i wanna keep her i know its not a yogi cup so no qualifieng but wanted to show you any way
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg
it was not grown using AN just a an 1 liter i had laying aroung so you can see the size it was grown with B.A.C hydro a+b and a little hesi pk 13 - 14
DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg
DSC_0058.jpg

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
the roots definitely stole every bit of space they could. the coco in the middle is full of roots even though you cant see them real well in the picture, but the roots on the outside pretty much took over and actually squeezed/compressed the coco into the center of the root ball to make space for themselves. i don't know how many laps the roots ran/grew around the yogurt cup to accomplish that but it was a bunch.

i think i'm gonna try to figure out a way to make the coco "fluffy-er-er" next round so the plant has a little more leg room

me too! gonna be at least 4 or 5 more days before i can get em dry enough to cut and go onto the scale and into a jar though. FWIW it doesn't look like the yield is going to be as good as the G13 gear was in the last round. we'll find out soon:clock watch:

I sift my coco with a 1/8" steel mesh, but not sure what impact
it would have in your situation.

So much about your methods I'm interested in, so good to see
these kind of results.

Are you still using the Regen a Root? And, with such a dense root
mass is it possible to remove the coco as the roots take over.
Surely at some point the coco is superfluous?

Real cool.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
I sift my coco with a 1/8" steel mesh,

Are you still using the Regen a Root? And, with such a dense root
mass is it possible to remove the coco as the roots take over.
Surely at some point the coco is superfluous?

what i have done so far is try to get rid of all the fine coco and just keep the corse fibers. i figured that it would create more air space and the roots would have more volume to fill when they needed the space. don't know if that is the way it's actually working exactly but it seems to work

i used regen a root the whole grow until flush.

i don't think it would be possible to get any coco out without trashing at least some of the roots. i know there isn't much of it there but i think one of the things the coco does do is hold some water so i don't have to water as often. FWIW they still needed water every 1 1/4 hours. i think if you could make it work with RDWC or aero it would be great and you could lose the coco ........ but making either one work in a 6 oz. cup would be really tricky IMO ( i got a few bowls and a couple pieces of notebook paper invested in trying to figure out how to make both work out:biggrin: ....... i'll stick with the coco for now)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
In comparison? Paltry.

Super soaking 3x/day with a couple millimeters deep puddles in the trays. No worries - theyre light by the next watering. I wish I could have fed them 4x/day.

NL x Big Bud just needs a day or 2 of straight water. Critical is still pushing fresh pistils so Im still feeding it at 1/2 strength, but only for a couple days more.

Too almost there! I didn't expect them to run 9+ weeks.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
they went in the jars today

the dinafem 43.2 grams

the seedsman 56.9 grams

ms. dinafem turned into a bunch of bowl size buds even though she she got burned early in flower but ms. seedsman benefited from her misfortune

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Wow, man. 2 oz from a yogi. Incredible.

1st one down is NL x Big Bud. 9 weeks and a day. Orange pistils, overtones of purple, very sticky. Aroma is very sweet, almost like strawberry sugar.
Sorry, no wet weight. Rh is low and if I dry her off the stem itll happen too fast.
This is she.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Critical comes down tomorrow. When exactly do we have to chose 1 as the official entry?

Last edited:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
they look great wild! those girls were well taken care of! looks like you never missed a feeding and you did it all without automating:bow::respect: have you managed to get a good nights sleep in the last couple months?

MUST be harvested with finished product pictures and smoke report by November 30th.

one last question Avi. is there a standard smoke report you want us to fill out posted somewhere or are we just winging it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts