What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yogurt Cup Grow Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
nice idea there wildgrow... holes along the sides of container, extra aeration to roots to avoid soaking/ suffocating them...
bigups

Thanks. 108 of them or something like that. Ya, I counted them in the beginning.

Still have room for another 1/2 oz of coco. Im gonna pull em out, underdress them and try to water some in around the sides. Try to get a little more breathing room 'cause theyre starting to yellow a bit. Critical is really taking off now.

Hope they finish early like last time - need the space for my bread-n-butter.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
am i in the right place.lol
here mine, nice but no monsters.
but getting frosty ,another week or so.
looking nice guys:tiphat:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
so how many of us are left? bug, wild and me? anyone else still out there?

i was at 53 days yesterday and they both needed some help standing up

you're right wild the dinafem buds are hellishly tight. i wish i hadn't fucked her up so bad ........... but i did take a clone:biggrin:

and the seedsman

Waldgeist

to finish anything at all, the 50g *paula* cup- fattybubba was finally harvested after 61 days.

CAUTION! NO-CONTEST-PLANT.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

CAUTION! NO-CONTEST-PLANT.

Waldgeist

and the root system analysis:biggrin: of what got me the insane 23,3 gram trimmed wet weight:

picture.php
picture.php

so, of course speaking contest free now, I would love to challenge someone to replicate my outcome with a chosen clone of his choice and a 50g (gram:biggrin:) growing container. just for the shits n giggles you say i think:laughing:

wald

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Dina isn't the prettiest, but she filled out real nice man. Seedsman is looking pretty fat too.

Nice, Wald! Is that a pudding cup? I plant clones in 5 oz cups until Im ready for them. That's 3+ months sometimes.

Been trying to get pics but they've all sucked. Trying again tonight.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Bad pics anyone?

6 weeks.

Critical - Its getting hard to get her to drink now. Im getting at least 200% runoff before I can feel the water weight. Shes eating herself. The yellowing leaves are getting a hint of red in them.

picture.php

picture.php

NL x Big Bud - Turning out to be 1 of the prettiest plants Ive had.

picture.php

picture.php

Have yet to scope them but I cant imagine C going longer than another week, maybe 2. Could be pushing the deadline on NLxBigB.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Bad pics anyone?

6 weeks.

Critical - Its getting hard to get her to drink now.

if the water is running over the sides you might want to try cutting the top 1cm-3/8" off another yogurt cup,turning it over and taping/glueing it to the top. you'll have to split the ring to get it over the plant but some foil tape will solve that problem. that is the only way i can get the water through the cup instead of running over the sides in my set up. i can't figure out a way to make the drip system drip slow enough without clogging so i had to make it work that way.

not exactly high tech but it works

they look really good wild!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks EnA.

I thought about that, but I never topped off the coco like I had planned. Theres still almost a cm of space between the coco and cup top. The water just runs down between the root mass and the cup.

I may start dunking them for 5 minutes or so.

Haha. Snuck in there Avi. Thanks mang.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Bad pics anyone?

6 weeks.

Critical - Its getting hard to get her to drink now. Im getting at least 200% runoff before I can feel the water weight. Shes eating herself. The yellowing leaves are getting a hint of red in them.

View Image

View Image

NL x Big Bud - Turning out to be 1 of the prettiest plants Ive had.

View Image

View Image

Have yet to scope them but I cant imagine C going longer than another week, maybe 2. Could be pushing the deadline on NLxBigB.
let it wick up from bottom till sat. then feed from top .
they look real nice.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks bug. How are yours? You gotta update this week (EnA, you got a few days) or you could be disqualified. Don't let me win by default guys.

Middle of week 7. I started feeding them at 1/2 strength last night. Fade should come fast.

Critical - Already fading.

picture.php

picture.php

NL x Big Bud - Got some major tip burn. No way I could have pushed her any harder.

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Congrats on all the good work with this contest and the plants, especially to those that still have living plants in the contest.
Now, i am so sorry i did not follow much of the youghurt contest threads lately and missed this one too. It would have been fun to play. But maybe i catch next one.

Good luck, guys!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
If the watering was so tedious I would do this...

bad ass WG :tiphat:

So very tedious my brother. Im glad I left them in a shallow puddle with the 2 am feeding 'cause I slept through the 6 am feeding alarm.

If I do this again, I might try making a pressurized feed bottle on a timer.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i choped a day or so ago ,the one on the right is the one i chose as my entry,a little over 7gr wet ,this one was the frostest,an strongest aroma ,both had tight nugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.