What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yeoman: 2011 Outdoor

Yeoman

So, I don't see any drip lines in your pots, Yeoman. How are you watering?

Finally, I think someone wrote here on ICMag somewhere that a "thorough" watering might be about 10% of container volume worth of water. How does that sound to you?

Enjoy these cooler temps, Yeoman!

mapinguari - I water with a wand and hose. Water volume is regulated with a water flow meter that I reset at each pot. Since I only have 32 big pots it is not a chore. I enjoy each and every opportunity to cast my shadow on the ladies.

10% or so has been my standard for thorough watering; though I haven't thoroughly watered the big pots this year. They are still holding onto the rain water and run-off from the long assed spring we had here in the mountains.

I will trench this site next year. The soil here is a high clay, making it great for filling the troths full of my old 707 and new soil. I look forward to that project. I'll use the 6' smartpots at another site with all the extra new-in-the-box smartpots that I have on hand now.

I am certainly enjoying this weather. Busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest!

Regards,

mapinguari

Veteran
Yeoman, that water flow meter sounds really cool. Basically I hope my emitters are emitting at the proper rate, but I don't have pressure meters or anything. 'Course I'm always supplementing with foliar and watering in top dressing.

I'd like to move to trenches next year, too. I'm thinking of the container thing as a phase in soil-building.

Nice to hear a second on the 10% thing.

As ever, thanks for your helpful answers. May the Grow Gods be with you.

Dudesome

Veteran
Dude I have shown this grow to over like 3 people... each of them got amazed by the lifestyle of yours more than the grow itself.... absolutely amazing.

jescowhite

I finished my light dep today! Woot!quote]

Grats man!! I cant wait for mine to finish!

The horses are in the barn! Feels so good to have them chopped ... the birds have been flying, not a super pleasant work environment lol. Can't wait to see some updated pics of your 6 foot smart pots. what is the next year strategy with the 6 foot smart pots & 707 mix, you remove any & start a fresh?

McDank8O5

great update! love your whole living set up, makes me want to get as far from the 101 as i can!! keep doing what your doing the ladies are loving it

Yeoman

July 18th Update

July 18th Update

Greetings,

Today is the one month mark since I flipped the Light Deprives. They are looking great and have no complications since the last update and into the "Cold Streak" that we are having up here in the hills and throughout the state.

picture.php

Light Deprives - July 18th

picture.php

White Rhino - July 18th

picture.php

Jilly Bean - July 18th

picture.php

Green Crack - July 18th

The ladies in the 6' Smartpots are doing well. I continue to train the ladies to be short and wide. There are a few strains (Killer Queen, Jack Flash and The Church) that do not take well to training, so I keep them super-cropped for shape. The weather has been in the 70's - low low 90's during the day and mid 50's - mid 60's during the evening. I threw down 50 gallons of Microbial Tea yesterday, and a foliar of Cytokin and Age Old Grow. The White Rhino's are still lagging behind, but are definately full bodied.

picture.php

Garden - July 18th

picture.php

The Church - July 18th

picture.php

Mr. Nice - July 18th

picture.php

Green Crack - July 18th

picture.php

Jack Flash - July 18th

picture.php

Mr. Nice - July 18th

picture.php

Killer Queen Redux - July 18th

picture.php

White Rhino - July 18th

picture.php

Jilly Bean canopy - July 18th

picture.php

Jack vs Lighter

picture.php

My anti-ripper sign.. : )

Looking forward to the weather breaking sooner than later. I am not worried about my ladies flipping pre-mature. They havent been watered in a while and maintain the needed amount of light. None of my strains are that thermo-sensitive; just the typical photo-sensitive types.

Stay Frosty!

Regards,

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
great update. excellent work. i cannot imagine gardening on such a large scale. k+++ to you my friend

maxmurder

Veteran
looks like a great season "roughin it" with the sweet gas grill/insta hot shower etc, bet you're havin fun. plants look great. if you get a chance can you take a couple pix of your light dep fan/louver/exhaust set up? good job man your farm looks killer.:headbange
peas..
max

growbig789

really bad ass... looks like so much fun. are you kinda on a ridge or good slope that keeps u a bit warmer at night? i've noticed alot of nighttime temps in the higher elevation valleys have been pretty cold this past week or so, like some low 40s.

Yeoman

July 26th Update

July 26th Update

Greetings,

Thankfully the great California sun has returned !!

Light Deprives are another week closer to harvest. I will cut the two Bubblegum plants in the next couple of days, and the Green Cracks and Jilly Beans this upcoming weekend. The rest of the Light Deprives will take another three weeks or so till they are ready.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Threw down about 75 gallons of microbial tea this morning. Not much going on with the ladies in the 6' pots. I stopped training them last week, so the upward growth has resumed. Going with transitional teas and top feeding for the next 2 weeks, then going for P and K.

picture.php

picture.php

Jack Flash

picture.php

White Rhino

picture.php

The Church

picture.php

Mr Nice

picture.php

Jack Flash

budman, Hyg, growbig - Thanks for the kind words!!

Stay Frosty!

Regards,

G

guest8905

very impressive

thanks for sharing

glad to see yoru grow is going great...everything looks really healthy

have fun!