What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yeoman: 2011 Outdoor

mapinguari

Veteran
Yeoman--I hope your light dep harvest is going well. And I'd love to see how your full season garden is doing now that the August stretch is underway.

Yeoman

Sorry about the lack of updates as of late.

Half of the light deps have been harvested, to include the Bubblegums, Green Cracks, Jilly Beans and the OG Kush. Remaining are the White Rhinos and Sour Diesels for another week and a half or so.

All the big ladies are sucking up lots of water everyday, feedings twice a week and tea once a week still. I had been using a transitional blend of nutrients, but have moved to a higher P and K diet. The Mr Nice budsites are exploding, as are the White Rhinos. The Jack Flash are stretching their arms towards the sky; not budding as fast as I had been expecting. The Church is a monster. The Killer Queens are enormous as well; Great structure.

The temporary trimming area and drying structure have been coming along as well. Its quite an impressive structure. I look forward to skinning it and posting a ouple pics of it.

I am sorry that there are no pictures to apply to this update. I will get a few and post them this weekend.

Regards,

Yeoman

August 23rd Update

August 23rd Update

Everything is coming along.. More pics later..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Regards,

Yeoman

Mapinguari - Yep. The colas are Mr Nice. 5 weeks of training and supercropping kept everything at eye level, no ladders this year thankfully. All the FIM-ing allowed many more budsites then in the past. All in all I'm quite satisfied with how things are turning out, considering the hardships with the clones this winter. The colas are stacking fat on all the ladies, lots of nutrients and teas. The colas on the White Rhinos are between 2-3 feet long, as fat as a nerf football.

Light deprive is complete; everything trimmed. The Spur Diesels were wicked. Fattest buds I've ever seen out of a 707 bag. No larf, solid as GDP. Looks like indoor. The Jilly Bean, OG Kush (SFV), White Rhino and a mislabeled clone ate curing away in bins. Had about 3 dozen catepillars discovered on the light deprives; none so far in the 6' pots.

I'll post pics yet with the workings of the light deprive setup. Been off the grid, sorry about lack of updates.

Regards,

jescowhite

im surprised how far along yours are! I put a few strains out that are supposed to be early finishers but nothing like what you've got going on. Love that mr. nice!

somoz

Veteran
im surprised how far along yours are! I put a few strains out that are supposed to be early finishers but nothing like what you've got going on. Love that mr. nice!

Looking great Yeoman! Yeah, the Nice Guy always looks and grows a treat, I saw some killer Nice last year that could of passed for ins and still had issues with off loading it because it is following in the foot steps of Blue Dream. I think they're actually holding hands now cause everyone and their cousin has been bombing it out with those two cuts. I know of some markets that either low ball the shit outta ya on either on of em, or simply have a wall up and won't even touch em. Broker snobs = headaches. It's just ok green imho as well but it is a growers delight cause she chunks and crystals for you.

Sorry, Mr Nice rant over, just don't wanna see fellow growers get burned on any of their gear. Good luck with the final push bro!

jescowhite

Yeoman: 2011 Outdoor

I know quite a few mr nice bombers :) I still have a great market for nice specimens, I was never a blue dream fan, been riding the ssh haze hard for years so dream & purple schwagon are too sim

Yeoman

Looking great Yeoman! Yeah, the Nice Guy always looks and grows a treat, I saw some killer Nice last year that could of passed for ins and still had issues with off loading it because it is following in the foot steps of Blue Dream. I think they're actually holding hands now cause everyone and their cousin has been bombing it out with those two cuts. I know of some markets that either low ball the shit outta ya on either on of em, or simply have a wall up and won't even touch em. Broker snobs = headaches. It's just ok green imho as well but it is a growers delight cause she chunks and crystals for you.

Sorry, Mr Nice rant over, just don't wanna see fellow growers get burned on any of their gear. Good luck with the final push bro!

aye, I've noticed the snobbery w/ Blue Dream and Mr Nice the last couple years. The Collective that sponsors my garden requested Mr Nice this year. I personally am not a Mr Nice fan in regards to my personal head stash, but I have to grow early October strains at this garden site in order to avoid issues in the fall. I'm running two cuts of Mr Nice; One us from Sonoma County/Berkeley and one is from a fellow Icmager in Humboldt. I often rant about Mr Nice as well. It's one of the few strains I've run outside that thrive with high Nitrogen during all stages of flower.

Regards,

looking radical yeoman. how do you decide its time to flush the plants for harvest? is it by trichrome color or days of flowering? thanks as always.

Yeoman

looking radical yeoman. how do you decide its time to flush the plants for harvest? is it by trichrome color or days of flowering? thanks as always.

Thanks Stickky!

Hi there 25ftGW. Fortunately I have been growing these genetics for some time so I have a pretty good idea when they “should” be ready (based off of years past, etc), as they are old faithfuls at this garden. Prior to being as familiar I am with these genetics I would go off of breeders and growers information, hair color sprout/change rate and trichs’ color/clarity to determine the Harvest date as close as possible and backward plan. Mr. Nice (my first finisher) typically gets topped on the 15th, so Ill start my gradual decline to flush after Wednesdays feeding.

Regards,

Yeoman

September 1st

September 1st

Not much to report here. Ladies are flowering. Business as normal. The last week or so I have been busy setting up solar powered spot lights, alarms, strobes and other such devices in preparation for 'Ripper Season.'

Mr Nice' are rocking, with buds stacked and starting to get dense. Each of the 50 or so budsites contain a cola that is over a foot long and as thick as my wrist in the middle. I am looking forward to them turning purple here shortly as the weather has been getting into the low 50's during the evening.

The Jack Flash' are covered with ginormous trichs. Pictures do it no justice. They are starting to become more dense, but there is still a 'larfy-ness' to them. The bud structure is strange compared to how they seem to grow inside. I cannot wait till these are finished, the final product will be epic.

The Church is just amazing. No exageration when I say that the dozen or so colas are 4 feet long and at the widest point the diameter of a nerf football. The plant is about 9' tall and almost as wide. The scent is a very sweet skunk, rather than the typical acrid skunk smell.

White Rhinos are like mini-Churches. About 6' tall, 5' diameter, and have 2 dozen main cola sites. Each one is the size of an arm from shoulder to the tip if the middle finger. Starting to smell super fruity.

The Jilly Beans are by far the biggest plants in the garden still. Based off of the yield last year, and the yield from the few that were in light deprive this season I am very pleased to see their structure as beefy as it is. These ladies are 8-10 feet in diameter and covered in popcorn. Soon they will stack and hopefully be done by the 1st week in October.

The Killer Queens are amazing. Best structure in the garden. I have no idea how they will turn out. Ive never smoked Killer Queen, but have only heard great things. The smell is great, the buds look great and they are real easy to maintain.

As for the little ladies in 10 gallon pots are doing well. The Caterac Kush and Candy Kush dont appear to be anything special. The Headband smells great, but is annoyingly bushy. It will be a PITA to trim I think. The Blue Dream cuts I got this year look great. Extremely thin leafed and vigorous. I may run this cut in full sized pots next year at one of the garden sites. Big fan of the Platinum White Rhinos. Tons of Trichs, great stacked buds. Fruity smell and very few leaves on the bud. Will be a delight to trim, maybe only hand trim.

Here are a few pics.. I will post more later this weekend.

picture.php

Mr Nice - Bad resolution. Sorry.

picture.php

Jack Flash

picture.php

Platinum White Rhino - Looks way better in real life. Photography is my schtick.

picture.php

Finished Sour D from light deprive on a stump

Stay Frosty,

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
wow, in awe...looks great.

have you had a problem with rippers before?
they realize you are there correct?

what would you do if you happened up on some in the middle of the night? shoot first as questions later

Latest posts

Latest posts