What's new

WV's some of this and that!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I need to work on pruning and removing the small dead leaves your mother plants will get. I almost let my Chocolate Nightmare die. She got some thick it's started to mold. I broke that half the plant and been working with her. She keeps growing. I can't wait to flower a few Chocolate Nightmare also. I really think those will be good. You gotta stay on things if it's just you and your running veg and flowering rooms. Once I get it thinned down were I don't have to leave plants vegging twice as long as I need. Probably just wasting a,extra month of nutes to get the same yield. I always liked to keep seedlings about 15 days in seedling growth up a shop light, then transplant to 5gal buckets for about 20-30 days then flip to 12hrs, but that was with seeds. I feel like once I get better at cloning I'll try to keep some small ones, I honestly didn't mean to let that ECSD get that big. My SLK is bigger than that and I've cut half the plant away. I've had it in a 10in pot....so maybe 1.5 gal give or take?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's some pics of the Lemon Tart mom I'll be harvesting very soon. I flipped the lights around Dec 26, but didn't know that one was glowing for 2-3 days. So I just start with Dec 30- Jan 1 something there I got everything darker out. I'm a little disappointed with some of the SLK. It's like they didn't get enough light or something. The ones in the back are nice, but there's about 3 of the SLK I'M not gonna get much from. The clone to the SLK grows different than the mother. These are longer running buds, The original mom kinda had the golf ball nuggets everywhere. But now the Daylight savings times will give me time to pull a few plants out and flush with the water hose. At least the Lemon Tarts. The SLKs are tied to everything. I used a whole quart of Tiger Bloom plus I had a lil from last time. I dunno if I needed to feed the SLK stronger. Because I mix a 6 gal jug at a time and the Lemon Tart has a few burned tips , so they was fed good, just like the SLK. I'm probably gonna replace a breaker that's bad and use one of my 1000hps and the LEDs that have the biggest plants under them. I think the ones on the end wasn't getting enough light maybe and it was too late once I got another Led up. Well first all Led grow is coming to a end, kinda glad I kept a cut of Lemon Tart. It's a great strain for small grow space and little stretching if any!!! The mother is nice here's a few pics, she's ready basically. Flush and let dry several days before harvest. I'll probably take the most ready plants first of course, probably be a lot of the Lemon Tart first. I might try to get those 8 harvest here in the next few days. I've been just plain watering for over a week and a half at least. I figure just a lil more with the water hose and the taste will really be clean. I really like a good flush. It really depends on grower preference. I used to do 48hrs dark before harvest also. Never noticed much difference either way. I might've ran out of good soil or something on those few. There gonna have a lot of small stuff on them. I'm definitely planning to trim as many leaves as possible before I hang to dry. Last pic is SLK, these branches everywhere like that on 5-6 of them. There's still some growing that seems to be going on with the SLK. I figure get the Lemon Tarts there gonna be 70-75days. And the SLK is pushing 77-80 days. These SLK remind me of those weak stems the SFV used to have. Hoping some on the SLK swell up the next week or so!!!

Lemon Tart around 70days

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The Lemon Tart are a beautiful purple color. Hopefully get some nice pics. The SLKs are battered so bad I'll have to stake them someway to get pics. There's gonna be shit tons of trimming all that bottom stuff. I should've had the dehumidifier in there day 1, Gotta make sure everything is ready to go again!!!! I gotta get that 6in exhaust fan hooked up in the flowering room. And a oscillating fan for the Vegging plants

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've been using Mikrobs on everything and can honestly say I like it. My veg plants are nice and green. We'll see what the flowering product produces. I've been feeding about once every 10 days or so.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Also the 5 clones look pretty good Vash. I think the razor blade on the last cut is definitely gonna be how I proceed reguardless. But these look ok, so maybe they'll root!!!! I think smaller amounts until I get better also. I hate wasting stuff. This game is only getting more expensive!!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The job is NEVER done when you're doing it alone. I can surely speak to that. As you said, you're gonna have one hell of a trim party. That flower room is FULL!! Nothing like trying the new flavors, though. Takes some of the sting out of trimming...lol. Crossing my fingers that you'll get roots on all five cuts.:yes:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The job is NEVER done when you're doing it alone. I can surely speak to that. As you said, you're gonna have one hell of a trim party. That flower room is FULL!! Nothing like trying the new flavors, though. Takes some of the sting out of trimming...lol. Crossing my fingers that you'll get roots on all five cuts.:yes:

I popped 5 riot rooters earlier and took 5 good cuts of the OGBK. Those 4 SV and 1 SD look good I think there gonna do ok. I had my razor and everything ready here when I popped these OGKB in there. I think I like the riot rooters better. It seems like the clones holds in better. I just put tweezers in the rooters as I put the cut and ease the tweezer back out. Saw a guy on YouTube doing that and it works pretty good . I really appreciate all your help. Thanks so much!!! Yea I'm gonna get a eye on the rooters so they don't dry out. I'd usually soak overnight, but only a couple hrs I soaked these.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Just spraying my Veg area and mother plants with GreenCure. I had that Chocolate Nightmare start to mold. I pruned her and see still mold some. But she's coming back. Almost made a EPIC fuck up. I tripped as I was spraying and fell on my ECSD in the 2gal bucket....I managed to save her, probably done her some good I cut the 2 lower branches it broke and it just knuckled over another branch. I thought for a minute I was gonna have to get one of the smaller ones. I got 2 extra to keep plus the mom. I might get a 30gal garage can and put something in!!! I've already decided if I grow outdoors, it's gonna be several large, instead of 20-30 5gal buckets and grow bags. Ocean Forest has arrived!!!! Yea I'm gonna pull those suckers outta there and try to cut most the leaves before I hang them. It's so hard telling the wife there finished. She don't understand when I say that it's gonna take at least a month to dry and cure a bit....kinda give it time to get that green taste out of it. I used to do a slow drying and curing when I lived in the Midwest. It would be kinda cool in one of my rooms and it was perfect, dark as could be, NEVER had a mold problem up there. It's hard to grow and dry a plant down here without it molding. Maybe later on I'll try to get another dehumidifier and use in the Veg room and for the drying area when needed. I've had the Temps around 68-70high- 65 for a low. Humidity around 42-46 or so lights out. I PH in veg about 6.4 or so and 6.0-5.8 in flowering. Guys have really pushed that PH low the last 10yrs. Every time I go below 5.8 it seems to start causing me problems. But just paranoid as shit hoping to get these ladies harvest and drying. I can already tell I'd liked to have seen the buds get bigger and fill out. I wanna get me a 6 pack of Dutch Passion WW and run sometime this year, I'd like to find that good tasting Seedsman BB also and keep a cut. That one I had last year was crazy, the BB I cloned this year didn't have that good fruity pebble like taste. It was about a 7 or 8 potency, but I great smoke. I'm gonna see if just smoking these 2 kinds of weed help my memory. I wonder sometimes were I'll smoke several variety a day if it might affected the memory. Probably smoking to much also. Well I'll end my ramblings lol, But the Lemon Tart will be plucked probably by the weekend!!!! Should be a tasty strain, looks great, beautiful purple flowers and buds

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The 5 big ones are the ones I did a few days ago. The smaller are some OGKB I did last nite. Those first 5 I think is gonna be ok. They might have roots already, I need to see exactly how long they been in the dome lol. The Burning Man and few SV are doing great from that first time. I don't know what I did wrong that one time, but got nothing. But I think these first 5 might root, the OGKB I had to open my riot rooters. I Kinda like them better, seems like the clone holds in them better. With rapid rooters I'm usually taking pieces from others to put in top to hold them up. But I didn't get to let those last 5 soak but a few hours.

What's the longest you guys think cuts can stay alive until you actually put them in rooters, areocloners etx.??? I think I heard a guy in another thread talking about keeping them in a refrigerator, not sure how long though. I've kept them in a cup of water a day probably. But sometimes if you need to keep them a few days. I usually dont cut them until I'm ready myself. But sometimes can get side tracked if I'm doing a lot of clones

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've kept clones in cups of plain water for days. As a matter of fact, I just had a cut of Chem91 develop roots at least an inch and a half long. I kept cuts in Rapid Rooters so long that the roots grew at least 6-7 inches. They grew in the water that I had put in the tray for humidity, so yeah, those cuts will last a pretty long time. I read that that thread, too about keeping cuts in the frig. Supposedly, you can keep them in there for a few weeks, or something like that. As far as Ph...I stay within the 5.8-6.2 range. I never go below 5.8 because as you've experienced, you start to develop issues. Congrats on saving that Chocolate Nightmare. Sounds yummy.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've kept clones in cups of plain water for days. As a matter of fact, I just had a cut of Chem91 develop roots at least an inch and a half long. I kept cuts in Rapid Rooters so long that the roots grew at least 6-7 inches. They grew in the water that I had put in the tray for humidity, so yeah, those cuts will last a pretty long time. I read that that thread, too about keeping cuts in the frig. Supposedly, you can keep them in there for a few weeks, or something like that. As far as Ph...I stay within the 5.8-6.2 range. I never go below 5.8 because as you've experienced, you start to develop issues. Congrats on saving that Chocolate Nightmare. Sounds yummy.

Well I had several other clones of the Chocolate Nightmare. But I swear I've never seen a plant grow some heavy on the branches. I'd been pruning her getting the dead stuff off the bottom. I don't have a dehumidifier in my Veg area, and those mom's started to mold. I basically cut most of the Chocolate Nightmare, but she's coming back good. I haven't smoked it, but the female has a strong odor, kinda like a male. The strain you helped me clone Burning Man is from Exotic Gentix. I think they have the Tina clone or whatever. So I figure there might be pretty good hopefully!!!! The Burning Man clones are growing so fast I may put one in this upcoming grow. Or flower the mother plant and keep the clones vegging until the ECSD run is complete. I'll definitely get a few varieties with the other plants, Maybe 2 each because I've got a nice Key Lime x Dos that needs flowered. I grew 2 real nice Key Lime x Dos outdoors. Damn beautiful bag appeal, Looked like indoor stuff. I've got about 8 plants 'ish I'd like to get a few clones of, I'm looking at the Gelato OG, Strawberry AK, Headbangers, Biker x Sherb, Dos -sweet do, The Melon. That's just off top my head. But yea I still search and like to keep certain flavour/taste/potency of weed for myself. Sometimes you'll get ahead of yourself and have more than you need like I did.

Vash I'm fingers crossed those first 5 make it. Like I said I got looking at my OGKB and it's just saying come get about 5 cuts lol. I honestly think they might root also. I should've let the rooters in water longer?? But they soaked 3 hrs probably

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Just wanna take a min to tell you guys be safe. My buddy in China who makes Leds said they shut the factory down for several weeks, Maybe longer. He wasn't affected and is back to work. He told me we'd probably have a outbreak. I guess this is a great time to live in major secluded area, Everyday keep updated on things. The NBA was suspended play because at least 2 I know of from the Utah Jazz Mitchell and Gobert there best 2 players. So I'm just hoping you guys aren't hard headed like me and think it can't affect us. I've been worried for weeks since my buddy told me that China was know worried about outbreaks in other countries. Hey regardless your country, race or whatever, I'm not prejudice and this coronavirus isn't either. But just keep in mind, and watch some updates every know and then. Thanks all I got on that stay safe

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I got these Lemon Tart pretty much flushed out, just giving them a few days to dry out. There purple as can be!!!! I'm not really a purple weed fan, but that Grapology I grew has kinda changed my mind. Seems like the purple stuff has more potency than back 10yrs or so. I can't wait to get pics. I'll pull them outside before I chop them and get pics. The SLK I'm still just feeding plain water, there so big I can't get them out the door easy for pics. So I'm only pull those outside once before harvest. The Lemon Tarts are smaller staut plant and easy to get in and out, expect the 3 in the main back lol. Those have been just getting 1/2 to a 1gal of plain water daily. But honestly everything is flushed good already. I'm just kinda giving them another day or so of plain water. I'm probably chop the LTs by the weekend at latest. And the SLK the following week, I'll pull the bigger ones first that's finished.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Guys I'm gonna try to get a Dream Berry going for Female Seeds. I was supposed to grow some stuff 2 summers ago that went horrible, the Critical Sour did ok, just so much rain there was no way to keep mold away. Put it was a decent harvest. I didn't get many, if any harvest pics. So I really wanna try and grow a nice Dream Berry or 2 this grow. Those guys have been great at Female Seeds, I've just had things happen. So have many Dream Berry i got left I think I can fit in the growroom I'll get in there. I'll try to add a few plants each grow that need tested. I've got some other stuff I need to pop and test for a few guys.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
So these SLK have branches bending everywere. Kinda like the old kush. And the Lemon Tart are a beautiful purple blue looking color, very nice. We got everything it's last flush today. I'll start chopping some plants anyday. I've noticed to SLK kinda fill in, the mother didn't really have that big of buds. But I've got 8 ECSD, and several other clones and a few plants from seed. I'm germing a few seeds from really good weed I smoked. Still wanna search for clones. I might try and get a few from the Strawberry Aks again, They just got huge stems on them, I'll try out find a healthy branch not so thick from each. I really need everything moved outta the side attachment. Soon as I harvest I'm bring the rest of my Veg stuff. After I clean down the flowering room and floors. But I've got lots of strains In the works im cloning at this point. And ill fit as many plants next grow i feel like i can make happen. Ill get the harvest pics and stuff when we chopped!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I'll tell ya, mother plants can turn into a LOT of work. It's seems like the more you prune, it just grows back thicker. I know I can keep clones healthy in solo cups for awhile. I don't know if I'll ever put a mother in bigger than 1gal at first anyway.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's some pics of the ECSD, SV and SV, ECSD mom. But I'll make the first pic Sour Valley, also check out how I've got this 2nd pic ECSD to Bush out

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes I know those got way to big!!!!, the SV is smaller not so bad. But I put the ECSD into a bigger bucket because I plan to keep them!!! I'm gonna get some cuts off those and maybe a few younger plants try again. I gotta get this cloning mastered. Instead of every 3rd or 4th try. My friend message me a good solution. I think it's life solotion. And as Vash stated I need a meter, I'm thinking some plants got too moist. I'm definitely gonna make sure the cubes soak overnight, and try to have the cuttings flushed of ferts before taking. I know if I wasn't so busy I could get this straight. After I get this harvest in and trimmed, and 16 more 5gal buckets into the flowering room, I might get a min to work on cloning. The clones I have know the 4SV didn't last, I've still got the ECSD and 2 OGKB, it's not looking good. I went extra light on the solution, only like 1/4 teaspoon of FF grow. It worked beautifully the first time with the BM, don't haven't got many since smh. My % rate is like Shaq at the foul line lol. But I think I can use some things my buddy told me offline with the areocloners when we get those out. I'm move in trying to get mothers healthy. I started feeding mom's Mother Plant Part A and B from HDI. They look good, I know it's strong I watered I larger vegging plant it kinda burned and that was normal dose. I message and ask if it was only for mothers. They told me mainly, or larger budding plants. I actually had to use it 4-5 times in late flowering. Seems to be good. I'm also adding humid acid to my amendments. I was pleased when I got some silica, and have started to try diamond nectar or something over the yrs but havent. I think its Humic Plus ill get some pics later. Just recently got everything a watering of Mikrobs also.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ive managed to grow me a decent aloe plant and repot my mothers Japanese flower, probably gonna put my aloe in a bigger pot. They got nice ones at Dollar Tree, they also had those things you can sit your plants in that's on wheels to catch water. I wish I'd bought more, they keep good stuff if you can find it. There snips are the best hands down. I serious bought like 5pair. There wire tie, small domes hopefully get more of. But the pots and everything 1$ it really is a must stop. I like the blue scissors but they got purple with a different shred on it. They work about the same.

Latest posts

Latest posts