What's new

WV's some of this and that!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those girls in the flowering room are filling in nicely. As far as the cloning is concerned, you've basically got the skill down now. Tweak it like you say and the numbers will increase.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I've never really used clones. When I was younger and worked I didn't really have time or space. I probably could've did 1-2. But I'd take a few clones here and there. I'd just like to keep these gems for yrs to come god/& law enforcement willing. But yea I'm extremely good with seedlings and getting them started. Over the years I'd get a clone or 2. I used to just put in starter mix in solo cups. And I'd get one to root sometimes. It was just taking a lot of time, and working 12hrs plus maintaining a 8x8 flowering room at the time was hard to do 2 maybe 3 times a year. But I feel like I'll get better this time with the rapid rooters. I may should've squeezed more water out, kinda just figuring out about the weight I want them so there not water logged, but not gonna dry out on me

Yes the flowering room is coming, especially the Lemon Tart, the smaller plants. The SLK are still gonna be 3wks month. Sometimes plants pack it on fast. I know the Lemon Tart have a helluva strong lemon smell like if you brush up against them or something. I've got that mother Lemon Tart flowering I'll get some pics of. She's filling out good. It's kinda lollypopped by accident but the lower part of a plant really needs at least a few small branches removed in my opinion. I used to not like to remove leaves, But see the benefits sometimes and prune branches and leaves accordingly. So I'm going be stocking up on more supplies for the next grow. I need some Ocean Forest, more Promix, probably some silica blast. Then I'm gonna need the Fox Farm trio, I've got some grow, and a lil bloom and the others almost empty. I'm really excited to grow these ECSD, I've got 10-11 for next grow, Also several others strains, Sour Valley, Chocolate Nightmare, and OGKB. I'll probably have to use a few 3 gal buckets to get everything to fit lol. But definitely get at least 6-8 ECSD in 5gal buckets. I'll probably keep a extra of those I mentioned because there my pride and joy!!!! Also kept a Lemon Tart clone before I flower the mom out. The way it's smelling I'm starting to think it's a good idea I kept a clone of her, especially never trying it. The pheno of the Lemon Tart must be of the Wedding Cake strain, because there really short squat plants. I'm not thinking the yield is gonna really be enough to keep her, it's gonna really have to knock off my socks. I'm really cloning looking for a unicorn, 1 in a thousand plants. But you gotta do one grow at a time. Some of my Vegging plants I determined sex on a Biker x Sherb and I've got at least 2 Headbanger fems I'm taking to the Veg room. I've got 2 mother plants I need to move down there, the Sour Valley and OGKB. My ECSD mom got so big I'm not sure I can fit her into the Veg room until flowering is over. My Veg room is behind the flowering room. I work alone and have very few people I will share my weed with. I'm not a dealer, I mainly just love to grow great weed as a hobby. I'm gonna get those clones ready, I've got a few to cut. I think I put 14-15 rooters in solution. I've got everything prewarmed. Thank you Vash so much, Your advice really helped, the Burning Man are greening up just fine after a good dose of nutes. I've failed 4-5 times trying to areoclone that strain. I can usually get a few of something, but never could get those Burning Man. You can't be to old or have grew for years, there's always info on icmag that has evolved from stuff people might have did 10yrs ago

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok Vash, I started I think 16 more clones. The Strawberry Aks have big think stems . I got 1 cut each from the lower branches that wouldn't as thick. These are gonna be big!!!! There not very old so we'll see about those. I got 2 Chocolate Nightmares, 5 Sour Valley, and 7 OGKB 2.0s. Had everything pre warmed and have been keeping it warmer. I didn't have any problems with the rooters this time. I saw a guy on YouTube that uses tweezers to hold open the rooter as you insert it, plus the first time I used them I wasn't aware you needed to punch the hole a lil deeper. But with all the help I will get it, I was a lot more careful also. So hopefully those Aks rooted and some OGKB. I gotta get a few more OGKB 2.0 started hopefully get at least 4-5 outta 7. I do know these take about a extra day when I used the area cloner to root compared to other strains. I didnt try to pack all 24 slots in the tray, kinda gave me some trouble last time everything getting tangled.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice list of genetics, wv. You have all the different flavors at your disposal, especially that ECSD. I like the thick stems as far as the cloning goes. As long as those cuts stay up, and don't droop on you, you're all good. Pretty soon, you'll have more rooted clones than you know what to do with...lol

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Very nice list of genetics, wv. You have all the different flavors at your disposal, especially that ECSD. I like the thick stems as far as the cloning goes. As long as those cuts stay up, and don't droop on you, you're all good. Pretty soon, you'll have more rooted clones than you know what to do with...lol

Yea I really got to many cuts rooted now lol. I know the ECSD for next grow isn't gonna leave me much room. I can't wait to get those flowering, I'm probably transplant them to 1gal pots, then go to 5gal for flowering. I gotta put some other in there also, I've heard ECSD is hell to grow lol. But I've got a few Chocolate Nightmare and Sour Valley, maybe a couple OGKB. I've got plants now from different seed companies I'M letting get big enough to get cuts from!!!! There's several seed companies I've got a few killer plants from, just wish I'd cloned them. My San Fernando Lemon kush I'll probably put on the back burner for awhile. I've got some seeds I need to go through and find the perfect female. I've had a few I really like. That's why I'm pretty much trying to get a few cuts from everything I got!!!! But yea I'm keeping it a lot warmer for the clones. Eachon makes some good got mats, Also Heezy makes some good mats. The SLK are kinda taking there time flowering. But with that one light kinda on, well it wasn't much brighter than the moon. But it was about a week before I noticed that. So i kinda think 100% dark was around Jan 1 instead of Dec 26. It shouldn't take much longer, maybe first wk of March or 2nd. The Lemon Tart seem to be a few days earlier on there finishing days. I'll pull those first, I'm sure there gonna be good!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm starting to consider running one of my 1000w HPS next grow. I'm just gonna wait and see before I make that decision for next grow. There should be plenty of overkill on watts per sq ft. I need to take another Light to the Veg room, which is packed full since I've moved more there lol. I'm running outta extra space. Like I was saying I've got 5-6 plants I'm growing up to get cuts, so I've got it kinda full. I'M that guy who should run 10 plants, but ends up with 14-15 plants. I just love to keep a variety on hand!!!!!:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

I try and stuff a small piece of the rooters beside the stems so there held up pretty decent. Those Strawberry Aks arent very old and have huge stems. Ill get a pic of them. It's crazy, even the lowest stems are thick.....But I took one of each of the AKs. I've seen some killer pics of that plant, excited to see what I'll get.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man odor is starting to good, I cleaned my prefilter. I should have added the 6in carbon filter and fan along with the 8in. Next grow I'll install that before anything. Probably won't use it until flowering. I'm starting to go with more plain water. I'm not sure if some of these plants are gonna need much. The Lemon Tart should be finished in 2wks. The SLK will take another week or so. I'm just getting supplies for my next grow. I've got 2 bales of Promix, A 1.5 cu ft bag of Stonington soil, I'll probably buy a bag or 2 of Ocean Forest or Happy Frog, I prefer OF. I'm using the Stonington soil mixed with some Promix and Perlite. Even the Coast of Maine seed starter is good, just add some perlite it's a bit heavy. I've got about 15 plants vegging behind those, most to get few cuts of.

The clones looked good except for the Strawberry Aks. I think the plants need to get some more age before I try again. All the others look good. But there's a lot of plants vegging I gotta get a few cuts of, especially the stuff I like. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Has anyone tried that Strawberry Fields soil Fox Farm is making. Seen it on Amazon awhile back and was kinda wondering. There's probably no way I'd like it better than OF

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking very nice in that flower room, wv. Do you use OF thru the whole flowering period?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking very nice in that flower room, wv. Do you use OF thru the whole flowering period?

I use a combination of Promix and Ocean Forest or Happy Frog, mainly OF is what I prefer really. I've been using some Stonington soil, Coast of Maine. I've got a bag saved for some plants next grow. I've got almost everything vegging in a Promix Stonington mixture. Also using the seed starter Coast of Maine and really like it, just gotta put some perlite in there. But I've been doing like 4 parts promix to 2parts OF or Happy Frog, and plan to do the same with the Stonington. But I used to run straight OF and perlite, castings, dolomite. I always use dolomite, but I like to use about 30-40% perlite. It's just a little cheaper using some Promix. And I'm getting huge plants. Once I got my prefilter back on I was looking how big 4-5 of them SLK have got. Things are monsters, might have to stake some up. Everything is getting close in flowering. I ordered a few supplies I need, and need to get about 2 bags of OF to have the supplies for my next grow. I'd like to get some Panda Film and make a small door to ease into the Veg room. And like I said I'll definitely have the 6in carbon filter and fan going with the 8in. Terra-bloom makes some,great filters. I've got some great extension cords from Terrabloom. One of the new fans I've got running about 3/4 to keep everything with some air and wind kinda blowing. Just wait til there finished now lol!!!!

Both Ak clones didn't make it. The other Sour Valley and OGKB 2.0 look good. Just gotta give them a few days hopefully. I've got 5 SV, and 7 OGKB :tiphat:

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I'm gonna try that recipe. Gonna reserve some space for 1 or 2 5gal buckets and see how it goes on my next run. Does the OF last thru the whole flower cycle, or do you have to amend along the way? Hope I'm not asking too many questions.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well usually if I mix it with Promix like 4:2 promix, I'll still fed as needed. You know when your pots get light from those ladies drinking so much. But to answer your question yes I fed throughout. The OF usually keeps you from having to fed a lot in veg. But try useing some Tiger Bloom, Open Seasame, Beastie Blooms they work great,, just the Tiger Bloom with the Fox Farm trio. That's what I use, plus some seaweed, silica, calmag, and let them grow. Mix you about 30-40% perlite and add dolomite as suggested. I seems like the OF might be a tad hotter than 10yrs ago lol, or the plants beening breed today need less nutes early.

Most of my seedlings I've got that Coast of Maine seed starter with some perlite and it's working great. The seed starter is basically black it's so rich. My OGKB 2.0s get a bit to hot but everything else is ok. Like most of these Veg plants and plants I'm keeping to get cuts I've got Stonington mixed with Promix and perlite and they look great. I've also been using that Mikrobs about every 10 days, my plants seem happy using it. I'm getting ready to give my clones for next grow some Mikrobs.

Once I figured out exactly what I'm running and how many I'll let you guys know, Its definitely gonna be 8-10 ECSD, 2-3 Sour Valley and Chocolate Nightmare. And 2-3 OGKB 2.0. I might put 3-4 in 3 gal pots instead of 5gal so they'll are fit!!! I can tell these ECSD will get huge like the mother. My SLK is a huge growing plant also. I can assure everybody I'll get as many plants vegging as will fit!!! And if they don't if get them grow after next. Yea Im way ahead with my plants. I'm having to veg too long really. I dont really need to get anymore cuts until I get caught up. If I could get outdoors again I'll definitely have a few plants to put out.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well usually if I mix it with Promix like 4:2 promix, I'll still fed as needed. You know when your pots get light from those ladies drinking so much. But to answer your question yes I fed throughout. The OF usually keeps you from having to fed a lot in veg. But try useing some Tiger Bloom, Open Seasame, Beastie Blooms they work great,, just the Tiger Bloom with the Fox Farm trio. That's what I use, plus some seaweed, silica, calmag, and let them grow. Mix you about 30-40% perlite and add dolomite as suggested. I seems like the OF might be a tad hotter than 10yrs ago lol, or the plants beening breed today need less nutes early.

Most of my seedlings I've got that Coast of Maine seed starter with some perlite and it's working great. The seed starter is basically black it's so rich. My OGKB 2.0s get a bit to hot but everything else is ok. Like most of these Veg plants and plants I'm keeping to get cuts I've got Stonington mixed with Promix and perlite and they look great. I've also been using that Mikrobs about every 10 days, my plants seem happy using it. I'm getting ready to give my clones for next grow some Mikrobs.

Once I figured out exactly what I'm running and how many I'll let you guys know, Its definitely gonna be 8-10 ECSD, 2-3 Sour Valley and Chocolate Nightmare. And 2-3 OGKB 2.0. I might put 3-4 in 3 gal pots instead of 5gal so they'll are fit!!! I can tell these ECSD will get huge like the mother. My SLK is a huge growing plant also. I can assure everybody I'll get as many plants vegging as will fit!!! And if they don't if get them grow after next. Yea Im way ahead with my plants. I'm having to veg too long really. I dont really need to get anymore cuts until I get caught up. If I could get outdoors again I'll definitely have a few plants to put out.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

Stardog

:tiphat: That sour d will raise the roof, just be prepared to drop a net over her or just knuckle over every branch and try to keep her in bright light but at a good distance. She likes to burn out but she needs lots of light too. That thing still puzzles me.:)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
:tiphat: That sour d will raise the roof, just be prepared to drop a net over her or just knuckle over every branch and try to keep her in bright light but at a good distance. She likes to burn out but she needs lots of light too. That thing still puzzles me.:)

I'll probably get at least one of my 1000w HPS going, yea I already supercropped one. I'm excited and hopefully get a few started in the flower room about mid march. Thanks for the help with the areocloner. I've had to knuckle over a lot of branches on that SLK clone, she gets extremely vigorous growing. So I'll probably have some bent down, tied, whatever I gotta do. I just wanna do such a legendary plant pretty decent grow. I'm sure it'll give me trouble too lol. I'm gonna try and do what I always do and go from there. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I might run both 1000w hps this next grow with Leds were needed. The Mars Hydro SP 250 and I've got a couple more pretty good Leds that seem good. I grew some of the rock hardest buds under that SP 250 I've ever grew. Seriously like rocks they were so hard. The Bellini and Grapology grow is what I'm referring too.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The dehumidifier and growing supplies was set me back some. I need to save some money and get another Mars Hydro SP 250. She might have even said there going start doing a SP 500 I think, I might be wrong on that but I thought she was telling me the next generation would be bigger. I've never lied to anybody. I don't know much about these Leds and there spectrums until I flower some plants under them. There's definitely high dollar stuff, and budget stuff. But if it's gonna cost so much to buy the good Leds, I'll just wipe off my 2 1000w hps and use the Leds that I think work good with them. I dunno what that would do to your spectrum. I try to keep the Leds thats the same around the same plants. I'M not really comparing lights. I might the cheaper budget lights. But the SP 250 I can already tell you is gonna be better than a 75$ light more than likely, I'm sure some of the budget lights get compete. I've found several budget lights to mid level Leds I like.

Latest posts

Latest posts