What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

Stardog

Knuckling or "fimming" as I think people call it here is so incredibly effective. I more or less learned it from a friend here who made a tool like a set of pliers that has rollers in the ends so when he knuckles a branch it doesn't snap it. I just grow my thumbnails long and crush the branches that way until they start bleeding. Every time I'm trimming and I come across some branch that's loaded up like crazy I always find those rock hard knuckles.
I can't even begin to say how much I've learned from friends I've made on this site and just reading about what other people are doing in the countless threads here. As a group we've created a monster with Gypsy's help of course. Guys a legend.:tiphat:

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Fimming" is something different. What you're probably speaking of is "super cropping". I do agree, though that it is effective. I do it to every one of my girls.

I'd love to see the tool your friend made, Stardog. Makes sense to me. I often break branches while trying to bend the branch. Any pics of it?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea suppercropping, knuckling Is definitely gonna been used, Plus I fim the main like branch instead of top it completely. I can FIM the SLK and she will put 6+ huge colas. I've learned everything from here and overgrow. I was a few members behind BOG lol, I was to afraid to post any pics for along time, especially when OG shut down I waited before even registering to the site. I swear I gotta mark my clones, I've got those mixed up. But I've backed off the nutes and probably just go plain water the next 2wks or until finished. Some of the SLK I'm thinking could go 75days of so 12/12. But I like my weed flushed good and the leaves to start turning yellow about when I harvest. I didn't feed these strong enough, but I've layed the best fertilizer you can buy to them, but I should've probably fed another week. The Lemon Tarts are a lot closer especially the mom I flowered out. Here's some pics, gonna have to stake them up, there long buds starting to swell finally. I got a lot more popcorn buds from the SLK mom, these long running colas I didn't have with the mom. I'm 100% sure on this clone lol, but I'm keeping sharpies and labels

The closeups are Lemon Tart. Some of the SLK are leaning over alot, like I said gonna have to stake and do some pruning. When you overplant a area it can be a bitch working on or around plants. When I was younger I remembered crawling on my knees to water a plant in the back that was hard to get too....lol. Gotta do what it takes, I couldn't afford a dehumidifier but if I'm growing I can flower in 70+%humidity lol. Got it down around 42-45% in the flowering room. It's a tad high in the Veg room but I can live with it. But Yea there started to swell and branches leaning, still a ton of white hairs on the SLK. I definitely won't harvest early unless I'm afraid of mold. And with 250$ to control humidity I plan to let them go until there done. Hopefully won't be long, and I'll get a quick clean down of everything and bleach the flowering room so the new plants have a good clean area....and get the big girls ready to transplant and basically go straight to flowering. I've had most in solo cups, but I put a few in 1-2 gals and have got big, good thing I've left the ECSD in the Solo cups. I've just watered/fed daily and they've stayed good and healthy. The one I put in the larger container is gonna be HUGE when I put them in 5gal buckets. Just get this one knocked out and go from there!!!!:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm gonna have to stake and tie these SLKs up. I has saying in another thread I might have underfed the SLK a lil, but not much. There also taking longer to flower out than I was expecting. The Lemon Tart is pretty close, there a LOT of buddage up in the top on them. But these long buds are weighing down now getting closer to finished!!!!! Those SLKs could definitely go 2 more weeks or so. But I'll do what's necessary to get them finished!!!

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That flower room is filling up for sure. Staking is the order of the day. Gonna be a fun time trimming those girls.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That flower room is filling up for sure. Staking is the order of the day. Gonna be a fun time trimming those girls.

lol come help your very welcome, I been thinking the same thing. I probably shouldve hooked up a 1000w HPS for this front side. The buds are definitely bigger in the back. I've been in some tight spots staking and tying them lol, my jacket is sticky after easing back in there. The clones grow a LOT more like the old SFV than I remembered the mother, . with those weak stems. But I was trying to post it's probably gonna take the SLK 2wks + maybe. And I'm gonna go ahead and transplant my ECSD to some small .5gal grow bags of fresh dirt and Super Crop them. I don't wanna really leave them in Solo cups maybe 3wks before I've got the flowering room open. I've kept those ladies in those cups as long as I can and feel it's best just transplant them in the small grow bags, let them get some fresh soil, and like I was saying supercrop, top, fim, whatever looks like it needs done. Like Stardog knows these ladies can get big and need bent over. I usually just take my hand and very very carefully bend the area that I want back and forward a few times and they usually do ok. I've even supercropped in flowering before, It was accidentally something fell and bent the main cola about half way through flowering if my minds correct!!!!. I'll post some pics of those BM, SV, and OGKB clones, the 2 seedlings with the clones are Tahoe OG!!!! It's been many years since I've grew it. The first 2 Cali Connection strains I've ran are good. I love that Bellini, it has the softest like peach taste and just a pretty good strain. If anybody followed my outdoor trials and tribulations will know I fell and snapped a big 5ft Bellini outdoors. Thought I'd broke my ankle again. But the Bellini I grew under Mars Hydro SP 250 in that thread stayed short, didn't stretch any hardly. That Led from Mars Hydro grew the rock hardest buds!!! I'd love to have had a dehumidifier during that grow, because I was 60%-70% the entire time. And got that big Grapology. That was some damn good weed also, strong grape flavors!!! It was some strong stuff also, a LOT of my lady friends liked the Grape stuff REALLY good. I definitely gotta get my mom's cleaned up and keep most in smaller pots. The reason some of my mom's are in big buckets is because I plan to keep them. My San Fernando Lemon kush I've had to prune very heavy. She's so big I'd have to flower her outdoors??? I promised no outdoor stuff this year, but I'd love to put her in about a 30gal tote or something. I've just got the SLK in a small like container. There's no way it's over 2gal, Not sure if I got a pic of her or not. It's kinda a hassle to get to the Veg room since I overgrew the flowering room lol......phones about dead I'll get the clone pics Vash helped with her after I charge it

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea my dumbass underestimated how big ECSD will get. But I'm post some of the Burning Man, and 2 of the darker ones are OGKB, also got one of those behind that Sour Valley that's bigger, it's in a 1/2gal .5 grow bag. The 2 seedlings are the Tahoe OGs the small clones are around. I ReAlly appreciate the advice Vash, and Stardog about the areocloner and of course Vash and the rooters. I've got some that I think are going root. I need to get me a meter to keep check on the humidity. I also bought what I hope is a good razor to cut with. I usually use scissors and keep them clean. Maybe use scissors the first cut, and make my angle cut with sharp razor, or vise versa?? And it can be 70degress outside like it's summer this winter, and both times it's got cold as hell in my side attachment where I keep the overflow, and a LOT that'll be put into next grow. But I'll get it straightened out. I've got several regular plants I'm 99% are males I need to put into flowering room and make sure. It's standard seed stuff I'm fem hunting to clone. So expedient it some, think there's 6-7 I need to take down there. That'll free up some space, as the side attachment is retired after I get everything out. I'll use it for seedlings, clones, young plants for a wk or so. O'l WV gonna have to get the males outta here. Heck I'm running outta room with at least 8 wide x 25ft long. I'll probably do some small tweaks to this and that before I get started. Definitely adding that 6in inline and Terra Bloom carbon filter down some from the 8in inline and Terra Bloom carbon filter I've been using. And maybe at least get 1 HPS going in flowering!!! Just cleaned the prefilter and put back on a few days ago. Also love the extension cords you can get at Terra-bloom. I've got a really thick one and a few normal gauge, the thick one I'd use with a HPS. I dunno I'm not sure really. Seems like you gotta at least use mid budget LEDs for what you really need at minimal. I'd love to be able to afford 2 more SP 250s. And no shit that's what I'd buy and put with the 1 I have. You can chain 3 of the SP 250s. Maybe for Xmas or start a lil savings. Really all the Leds I'm using seem to be doing a great job. I'll get more into that after flowering. I was gonna see if anybody uses the GH armour si I think it's called?? I've used Silica Blast but the other was a bit cheaper and I figured I'd give it a try. I use the florlicious plus also. Kinda stocking up on nutes like liquid seaweed, silica, I'm good on calmag and got more dolomite. I just need to order about 2 bags of Ocean Forest to go with the Promix and I've saved a bag of the Stonington soil also. Most everything in veg is mixed Stonington and promix, and perlite of course. The Stonington needs a LOT more perlite I think if anybody is trying it they'll probably think the same. Also really making sure about once a week to use the Mikrobs I think is doing great!!! It very well could be a product you wanna get in your cabinet and try out!!! Sorry to ramble guys I know I'm bad for it

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, you got it going on in that room,WV. I'm sure you're busy EVERY day. You'll never have to worry about having an empty flower room....lol. As far as the cuts are concerned, my original cut from the mom is done with scissors. The final 45 degree cut is done with a clean razor.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I can't believe how big these have got in Solo Cups lol!!!! I'm probably gonna do the biggest 5 and Super Crop them and remove some lower flowers, Gotta keep them healthy while on standby right??? I probably won't be able to do about 7-8 of these ECSD, I've got a few other things I wanted to get in there!!! Few SV, CN, OGKB. But yea I've got one of these in the other veg room I got in about a 2gal bucket....so she's gonna be a beast when I go to 5 or maybe 7-10 gal. I just got to many plants started and gotta wait a little bit before I start vegging. I'll probably try to keep something ready to load in the flowering room, but I don't want them over vegged because of size. I've gotta keep everything under 6ft, and really about 5ft because I don't like to let the buds get to hot, obviously it's not like a hps were it's easy to burn the shit outta the tops. Gonna finish up at least 3 more. I've got the mix pretty light, Promix, a few cups of Stonington and a cup of the Coast of Maine seed starter will be good for them.

I dunno if I mentioned but I sprayed my Trifecta Crop Control in the other Veg room, I know it's something I gotta watch alot. These ladies I'm transplanted I'll have to spray them also, But I've sprayed in the side attachment just for maintenance to get bugs and mites away. WV has all kinds of inbred bugs and shit lol.

Flowering plants just giving about gal or less per plant depending on size. Let them dry a day and then plain water 2-3 days staight. Kinda a slow flush as they finish. The SLKs are starting to get very flimsy with the buds finishing. Trying to keep everything healthy and airflow through the garden. If I was putting these ECSD into flowering now into just put them in a 5gal bucket or whatever. But like I'm saying it's gonna take a few weeks until I can put another round of plants into flowering

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn, you got it going on in that room,WV. I'm sure you're busy EVERY day. You'll never have to worry about having an empty flower room....lol. As far as the cuts are concerned, my original cut from the mom is done with scissors. The final 45 degree cut is done with a clean razor.

I got a good razor I think will be good, maybe I'm fucking some of them up making that last cut with scissors,??? We'll find out soon. I've got about 5 more rapid rooters I might as well try to get some cuts from before they dry out. I also wonder if the humidity is,to high inside the dome. I'll probably order one of those humidity gauges, as I'm gonna have to get a few bags of Ocean Forest. Wish I could've went straight OF put with 16 plants I used everything and more!!! But them Burning Man and Sour Valley cuts are growing good in the solos right now, I might flower out the Burning Man mom next grow, see if its worth growing 10 of, which is what I have, and 3 SV, there's 1 SV that is gonna be slow if it lives. :tiphat: I know those will be fire, thats for sure.

I've still got a lot of plants vegging I'm looking to get a few cuts from all different breeders mostly. I've gotta get that Strawberry Aks cloned I'd love to maybe get a run of those in the future!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Did 5 of those ECSD clones and Super Crop them. I've got 5 more in solo cups and 1 in a 2gal pot. I'll probably try transplant the bigger ones and try to keep space so I can put the other strains!!! I've got at least 8 more good healthy clones of the various strains I've mentioned!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I figured some of the Lemon Tart I'll probably harvest next week!!!! Those things smell great, it's a all Lemon grow. I've still got some of the weed from the original mother of the SLK that I smoked today!!! And man these at least 5 outta the 8 that's gonna be insane. They got HUGE, I'm just trying to keep some plain water to them the next couple wks. And let them dry a few days before harvest. I Kinda go water a few days and then a dry day. I used to do the super flush Jorge talked about in the Indoor grow bible. I think it was 3-5 gal of plain water per gal of soil your growing in. I just kinda spread the flush out over the final weeks.

Clones, I must have fucked something up smh. I'm gonna put the 5 rapid rooters I've got left in some mild solution. I'm gonna try a product my friend was telling me that was good, I think life solution and gel. RX solutions maybe it, I'll probably just grab the solution before I take a large number of cuts. I've got probably 5 nice Sour Valley branches I can hopefully get to clone!!! The plant is nice and healthy.

I forgot to tell you guys I ended up putting 2 more ECSD clones in some 1/2 grow bags and supercropped them. They were topped on Fim earlier but are getting tall. I bent them almost in half, They seen to be going fine. I've got those 7 and 1 in a 2gal pot, so that's 8 of the ECSD I'm gonna run. I've got 2 more I'll just transplant and keep for next grow or if something happens to the mother. And I've got several of those Chocolate Nightmares I'm really excited to try. I might flower out the original Burning Man plant since I've got so many clones of her. And I've got a few seed plants, Key Lime x Dos and Maybe have room for a Dubble Sundea free seed. I grew several Key Lime x Dos outdoors and it's a VERY nice plant. Beautiful bag appeal, It looked better than most indoor weed. Hopefully I can get a big one of each of those. I'll probably have 14+ plants next grow easy, just gotta caught up some!!!!

I'll keep you guys updated, it's just a kinda wait until there finished and flush, wait for them to finish up. Probably my Lemon Tart mom will be ready soon!!!:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's 7 of my ECSD, I just bent the top over and a few side branches. Got a pic of a SV clone I plan to use next grow. I've got a lot of stuff in the real Veg area I'm gonna try to find room for. Pic of the 2 big plants is my Sour Valley and ECSD. Remember I've got another SD is about a 2gal pot, so that'll give me 8 nice ECSD., with 2 gonna get repotted and kept around for later. I've got several Chocolate Nightmare, Maybe 2 Sour Valley and OGKB each, along with a few plants from seed Key Lime x Dos which did great outdoors. Maybe get the Double Sundea in there also.

But like I was saying I'll be taking the Lemon Tart soon!!!! I got a lil burn on the leaves tip so I fed them good. There's are few real pretty purple leaves of most all of them. I'll get a pic I gotta water, and fed the Veg area. Gonna charge the phone to get some pics in there. I've promised several times. It's just kinda hard to get too, it's on the other side of the end/white poly.....I gotta get me a lil door BUILT outta fern strips or something to access each room better. I'd like everything painting white and frame off my Veg and flowing with panda film. Paint the floor white too probably. I used that flex seal, and I think I've got enough left to go further down and completely stop the seeping.

Also really have notice a pretty noticeable affect on the plants I'm using Mikrobs on about every 10 days. The plants for the next grow have all been fed Mikrobs. I've also used HYIs Mother Plant Part A and part B and it seems good. I used it several times on the flowering plants as I was getting low on Tiger Bloom. A quart is getting to were they don't last anytime. I'm gonna try and order a gal of Tiger Bloom and most other stuff. I'm going through silica like crazy and may as well order a,Gal, probably Calmag too. It's hard explaining shit like you need to somebody like the wife/gf that it cost money to grow nice plants. I'm not talking crazy shit, just mostly the nutes I use. Sometimes I'll go Liquid kool bloom one time and tiger bloom next, it just depends on what I've got on hand. I'm try to get a few veg pics, and flowering of course. I gotta ease out and do some work. This Lemon Tart mom is close, she looks lollypopped were I cut the lower branches. I'll get a pic, some of those bud pics were from the LT mother. And the SLK are falling over like old school SFV so hopefully everything stays ok. I just wanna keep a good eye on things. Basically I'm super Crop anything that starts to grow straight up. I need to prune around the bottom of those clones

Vash I got my last 5 rapid rooters soaking. I dunno if I mixed the solution to strong last time, but I f'ed up. I'm gonna try to make the 45degree with a razor instead of my scissors). Probably do the Sour Valley and maybe get a nice ECSD and try them!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It was like 65$ after tax for 2 bags of Ocean Forest, I've got a 1.5 cu ft Stonington soil bag in opened. And 2 bales of BX Promix, I've used just a little Promix and had a little Stonington left in one bag and mixed those up. Plus I've been buying bag of perlite at Wal-Mart on sale for 3.50$. I Need to order a 4 cu ft bag of Perlite really lol. But they ship these things in boxes big as coffins lol. But if I had the money I'd order the bigger bag. I like to get the supply I'll be needing first, them I'll order some flowering nutes for flowering. After I transplant to 5gal buckets I'm probably get the light on 18hrs for a few days and they after about 7-10 put them on 12hrs....maybe 5 days I won't veg long once I transplant to 5gal buckets!!!! It's gonna be fun guys. I've got a breaker or 2 that need replaced I need to fix and maybe I'll bring the HPS to the show

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All those girls are looking happy, WV. Yeah, my brutha' go ahead and get that 4 cu ft of perlite. That's how I do it. Won't have to worry about running out. As far as the cuts, it could have been the scissors weren't sharp enough to make that clean cut across the stem. Do you scar the stems before putting them in the rr's?

And no...no one knows the money it takes to grow this flower - but us growers...lol. Wives/gf's don't have a clue. They just get to enjoy the harvest:biggrin:.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
All those girls are looking happy, WV. Yeah, my brutha' go ahead and get that 4 cu ft of perlite. That's how I do it. Won't have to worry about running out. As far as the cuts, it could have been the scissors weren't sharp enough to make that clean cut across the stem. Do you scar the stems before putting them in the rr's?

And no...no one knows the money it takes to grow this flower - but us growers...lol. Wives/gf's don't have a clue. They just get to enjoy the harvest:biggrin:.

I scar some, and yea after I use these bags I got on sale and have stocked back im gonna order another big ass bag lol. Yea I know those scissors were kinda dull, and I might've made the solution to strong. I've got a few healthy looking cuts on the SV I wanna get. I might take one ECSD. But these burning man are growing fast and the SV I got time before!!! I got a bag of the riot rooters I'll try next.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few pics of my ECSD and the smaller clones, there are like 3 Sour Valley in there. I moved the OG Tahoe a few feet away to kinda make room for the clones.

Also got 5 clones in rapid rooters 4 Sour Valley and 1 SD. I dunno if I made a good cut the first 2, but finally got a good technique on the last 3. I cut them with scissors and went razor blade for the 45. I'll start doing that everytime, I tried to remember to scrap the sides of the cuttings a lil. Used a mild solution of Fox Farm Grow. I'm gonna do small amounts until I get better at cloning, and get some of the Veg rooms combined into 1.

The Flowering plants are basically ready, at least the Lemon Tart, I'll probably give the SLK another week if I can keep them from falling over, limbs bending just like I like. But I'll definitely work on getting a couple more variety this coming grow. Had to bite the bullet and pay 65$ to get 2 bags of Ocean Forest shipped from Amazon which its that bad. That one pic were the plastic is, that's the Veg room. It's just kinda,overflowed to the garage lol.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a product from HDI, it's called Mother Plant, There's part A and part B. You basically mix the same amount of each. I used it quit a few times in late flowering. I ask them if it was just mainly for Mother Plants. They said yes, or something that's kinda big in flowering, really strong stuff, the NPK numbers on each is definitely got that much and maybe more. I tried it on some plants in Veg but I think maybe some strains but it's to hot/strong. And there tons of great stuff for veg, Fox Farm Grow beening one of my favorites. It's definitely something to help keep these mothers healthy. Nice Sour Valley and huge ECSD moms there lol