What's new

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

Lifebreather

Veteran
Page #3 here, the flower shot that's shown first is from the regular seeds pheno that is just like our clone cut. Slight difference in the reg seeds pheno, much stronger pine in that one, but the plants grew identical and bud structure was also identical.

The dry bud shot?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does this high have a crash after say a couple tokes. I am a light smoker and do not want any crash after the high. I understand if you smoke a gram or more it might lay you out, but just light use.

RomulanJake

Does this high have a crash after say a couple tokes. I am a light smoker and do not want any crash after the high. I understand if you smoke a gram or more it might lay you out, but just light use.

If you're a light smoker you would probably not want to smoke this outside of special occasions..its quite potent.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I smoke sativas now so some are potent, just not all have that dragged out feeling after the initial buzz. I think C99 is potent, Jack Herer etc.?

RomulanJake

^^ I smoke sativas now so some are potent, just not all have that dragged out feeling after the initial buzz. I think C99 is potent, Jack Herer etc.?

This is like a sativa dom high.. no crash for me, or that "I may need a nap soon" thing.. it's just a real potent hybrid, with a lean towards a sativa dom head high. No anxiety though. And no heart racing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Jake,

Yep, Oldtimer's Haze has been available almost always since her release in 2006. She's mainly a line for breeding, or for the extreme tropical sativa lovers. She is an amazing breeding tool since she is very inbred and produces excellent and predictable hybrids, although she is usually very dominant. Are you considering a Romulan x Oldtimer's Haze hybrid ? ;)

Dubi, thanks for the official welcome! Very nice to find you on here good sir. I sent you an email regarding moving forward, as we have everything in place to supply you as you see fit. Just email me back when you have time and are ready to discuss the details. And keep up that amazing work!

Btw, is Old Timers Haze available anywhere? I'm being told that I need to try it out, and that's it's an amazing preservation you did over there with it. :)

RomulanJake

Hi Jake,

Yep, Oldtimer's Haze has been available almost always since her release in 2006. She's mainly a line for breeding, or for the extreme tropical sativa lovers. She is an amazing breeding tool since she is very inbred and produces excellent and predictable hybrids, although she is usually very dominant. Are you considering a Romulan x Oldtimer's Haze hybrid ? ;)

That is exactly what I had in mind. :)

RomulanJake

Seeds :dance013:

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Sounds like fun but unstable... gotta buy 30 seed to find the one... the rosey incense pheno sounds up my alley.

RomulanJake

Sounds like fun but unstable... gotta buy 30 seed to find the one... the rosey incense pheno sounds up my alley.

Its far from unstable. If you grow it, you'll see. You dont need more than a half-pack to find great genetics. The point of our description, was to let people know that even though what you commonly see is amazing, sometimes something even better pops up. Its probably not the best description, if read even slightly the wrong way.. but on our website it states that:

"A very homogeneous crop can be expected, but there will be some special phenotypes within the group."

And all I am trying to convey with that statement, is what you will experience if you grow it. Everything is either great, or amazing. But every now and then, you get this totally unique plant that stands out. Typically due to color, not the end result and effect of the smoke. They all basically have the same end result, grow very homogeneous, etc.... but take an example where I had one plant grow bright neon pink leaves, trichs, and pistils on the apical.. never had I ever seen that in the line, with that bright of pink, and it really was like electric neon pink.

So our description should be read more as: sometimes you get a crazy non-homogeneous plant to show up.. otherwise its a stable crop, with essentially the same plant throughout. :tiphat:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The story is cool having korean travels of ole in it, and backcross to columbian which is probably similar to haze.. mexican etc...
I always picture romulan like a northern lightd pute afghani select with touch of thai type deal but... sounds far more nld than I remember..
Sounds pretty cool cause im all about the sativa thing, and rosey floral is a thing i seek... haze incense is another but i still dont know what my body likes i can only guess what i like based of vague memories of unnamed herb from street....
Have you had any terp analysis done on some of the phenos?
I think that teep analysis is vital along with basic demonstrations of different known or common phenos with names among a strain...

RomulanJake

The story is cool having korean travels of ole in it, and backcross to columbian which is probably similar to haze.. mexican etc...
I always picture romulan like a northern lightd pute afghani select with touch of thai type deal but... sounds far more nld than I remember..
Sounds pretty cool cause im all about the sativa thing, and rosey floral is a thing i seek... haze incense is another but i still dont know what my body likes i can only guess what i like based of vague memories of unnamed herb from street....
Have you had any terp analysis done on some of the phenos?
I think that teep analysis is vital along with basic demonstrations of different known or common phenos with names among a strain...

I have not had it tested. We dont exactly have test labs nearby, that I find are professional and reputable enough to trust. But I am still searching, and having a full panel done is something Id love to do with everything Im working with, and creating. Especially Rom.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Damn i was being lazy, looking back at them pictures mmmmm.. love the red stems... The nug style is cool some density, caked up looking terpy..

Red Stems

Red Stems

Damn i was being lazy, looking back at them pictures mmmmm.. love the red stems... The nug style is cool some density, caked up looking terpy..

Anyone know if the red stems are a common trait of Romulan? Do they show just during flowering or are they also present in veg?

RomulanJake

Anyone know if the red stems are a common trait of Romulan? Do they show just during flowering or are they also present in veg?

Also present during veg. They can get bright pink, to deep purple, depending on how the plant is up taking certain nutrients. :tiphat: