What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

jjonahjameson

I'm in! Also think OTHaze crossed with Romulan would be a very interesting combination.

Grabbed a pack of regulars from ACE, and trying for some of the S1 fems from you. Sounds terrific!

>>So I talked to a lot of old growers and heard some of their methods with soaking the seeds, scoring the skins, and using seed crackers to get them to open up on a more consistent basis. I then used some other old school tricks people told me to try, to eventually get the seedlings to have a decent viability rate. Ill have to dig up the info on the stuff I used, to be able to really help anyone more in that area.>>

Down the line would you be able to share some of your experiences in old stock and methods to successfully get them to germinate and grow? (If there's a link somewhere or you already went into detail, I'll find it with a little help)

Thanks, and welcome to the show. :)

RomulanJake

I'm in! Also think OTHaze crossed with Romulan would be a very interesting combination.

Grabbed a pack of regulars from ACE, and trying for some of the S1 fems from you. Sounds terrific!

>>So I talked to a lot of old growers and heard some of their methods with soaking the seeds, scoring the skins, and using seed crackers to get them to open up on a more consistent basis. I then used some other old school tricks people told me to try, to eventually get the seedlings to have a decent viability rate. Ill have to dig up the info on the stuff I used, to be able to really help anyone more in that area.>>

Down the line would you be able to share some of your experiences in old stock and methods to successfully get them to germinate and grow? (If there's a link somewhere or you already went into detail, I'll find it with a little help)

Thanks, and welcome to the show. :)

Soaking, and scoring is the key with old seeds imo.. Peroxide, or Epsom Salt soaks worked best for me. Scoring using sandpaper is okay, I preferred to use a razor and lightly scratch the seeds by hand, this resulted in a much better penetration into the seeds.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
To me it sounds like romulan is near or better than haze.
The red stem reminds me of haze or columbian...
Im definitely hooked Jake.. Maybe i can be a guinea pig and test stuff eventually but... id love to get some either way, id peobably try to isolate and line breed or bx the lankiest floppy types... floral, woody, and spicey types..

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like Romulan is now available at Ace.
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/romulanregularseeds.html

But it's already almost sold out...

that's $82.66 American dollars for FIVE SEEDS ???

whistling.gif

kickarse

I tried to buy some, couldn't get the CC to work

will have it sorted for the next lot of seeds, I hope

RomulanJake

that's $82.66 American dollars for FIVE SEEDS ???

View Image

It is worth it. However, I know its steep.

We are a small operation, and there is an exchange rates for Luis and certain fees for him to be concerned with, that he needs to cover.

On our website, its $50 because they are on sale currently, and typically $75 for a half-pack. Our half packs, even through ACE, always contain more than 5 seeds. Sometimes they may have 9-10 beans in a pack from us, but they are more standardized through ACE and each is 6 beans per half pack. But read this customer feedback here in regards to our regular Romulan seeds (from comment left on ACE seeds IG page):

picture.php

Last edited:

RomulanJake

Whats the longest flowering pheno youve found? Pics?

They arent really different in that respect.. very homogeneous and not really finishing more than a day or few apart from each other. Typically they are ready at around week 9, but can be taken to 10 or so.. could go as early as week 8 (that is all taste wise, and how you like your trichs basically). I have pics of most of the phenos, that I have during testing on our IG or website. You can check them out there.

But its not like Ive ever found one pheno that was ready at a different time, or took longer than around 9 weeks. :tiphat:

RomulanJake

""Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan? "" To me, it would not matter.

Its a bit late now, as they do carry our seeds. But that is a nice addition to the thread brother, and I appreciate it. Im sure there are many people, like you, that it does not matter either way. :tiphat:

midwestkid

Veteran
Thanks for bringing these to the market! Many of us growers are far away from the clone world and rely on seeds to catch a glimpse of the elite cuttings. I will be placing an order soon.
Is Romulan Jake related to Romulan Joe?
Does this strain have any special nutritional quirks?

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
wow that went fast :) happy to see ur genetics @ace jake!

i gonna make sure i grab some at when they restocked!

Latest posts

Latest posts