What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks fantastic :hotbounce Romulan line is well known for its resinous and stinky flowers, for its potent medicinal effects, and also for its great cold resistance :yes:

El Quijote

Hola buenas a todos/as perdon por mi pregunta ya que nunca probé esta variedad de romulan, pero la romulan tiene algo que ver con UBC Chemo o la remo Chemo?? Saludos 🍻🍻

tcherno

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2094780.jpg
    photo2094780.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 60

BirD1

Jake I have some Romulan bx 3 f2’s from Mr.bob Hemphill what is the difference in his and yours many Thanks

BirD1

Romulan

Attachments

• D36F2CB1-6DF9-47C2-B4B3-3BE97CF1AB25.jpeg
    D36F2CB1-6DF9-47C2-B4B3-3BE97CF1AB25.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 75
  • 490D3063-E9DB-45B6-942D-51B9D14CB1C6.jpeg
    490D3063-E9DB-45B6-942D-51B9D14CB1C6.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 73
  • B49E4355-73B6-422A-A043-5922BC290028.jpeg
    B49E4355-73B6-422A-A043-5922BC290028.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 96E61FC4-B069-47DF-BBB9-42CC2A5D8977.jpeg
    96E61FC4-B069-47DF-BBB9-42CC2A5D8977.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 93

Alpenglow

Jake I have some Romulan bx 3 f2’s from Mr.bob Hemphill what is the difference in his and yours many Thanks

Depends on where he starts to count the F generations and what parents are used. Could be anything backcrossed to the Romulan cut (whatever cut he used Joes, Vic High, Federation etc) three times.

Last edited:

RomulanJake

Depends on where he starts to count the F generations and what parents are used. Could be anything backcrossed to the Romulan cut (whatever cut he used Joes, Vic High, Federation etc) three times.

I think Bob is a great guy, and I dont want anything I say to seem like Im talking shit or anything down that line. I actually already did that once to him and had to earnestly apologize after I found out that he and AKbeanbrains took my attempts at being helpful as being an asshat. And they were right, what I wrote totally came across the wrong way. Bob and I chatted and he understood, forgave my errant tone and suggested we get together some time since we live close to each other. AK was rubbed too hard the wrong way, and gave me his peace of mind which he is entitled to. Sorry Im baked, so I felt the need to include this backstory.

Anyhow, Bob I am fairly certain sourced his Romulan from one of the Federation Seeds versions. Bob kept calling his source '79 Romulan. Which doesnt exist. There was no Romulan in 1979. But what did eventually exist in the late 90's is Federation Seeds Romulan "7 of 9". And I think that along the way, someone mistook that for 1979 Romulan, and Bob simply carried the sources error on. This was also the background story on my saying things on bob's instagram account, trying to help him and AK Bean Brains on the actual history of Romulan, and how people came to believe in a '79 Romulan. The long of the short is this, his version if it did start with Federation Seeds was already a cross and not true or pure Romulan. My Romulan is pure (or true and uncrossed, not outcrossed ever, etc.).

Then Bob must have crossed that Romulan with something to create his way to the Bx3 generation, and then he apparently made an F2. Or he did the F2 off of someone elses work. The thing for me is, if you make anything into a backcross, the idea is you are using the actual parent plants. Clones of the exact same plant used initially. Anything else done is not a backcross, but basically a new cross. If I made a strain myself, and kept the parents, I could make a true backcross. But if I tried to make a Romulan backcross, and used an Afghani I had or Colombian Red, it wouldnt be a backcross.. I didnt use the same selection, or parent, and the result wont be the same as it would certainly introduce new genetics.

This is exactly why my Romulan "BX1" is in quotes and its not a backcross, but in fact an intergenerational cross, or IX. I decided to let people know all of this, and instead of calling it an IX I called it a "BX1" in quotes. My intention wasnt to confuse people, but to help those who have never heard of an IX to instead of instantly asking what it is, to instead look into the description to see why its called "BX1". It worked on our end, hardly any questions about the nomenclature.. but more seasoned growers sort of seem to miss it, and think its an actual backcross. I bred the F4 male I selected, with the F1 female clone my father selected back around 1990.

BirD1

Many Thanks for the help understanding more
she’s a hard plant to get we’re you could hang your hat on

Latest posts

Latest posts