What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

RomulanJake

I'd give them a go, but only if they are F# regulars...not interested in a hybrid or fem.

This is what we currently have available. 👍

Seems they will have something for every one by next year :)

This is exactly my plan. I'm even talking to James Loud and he wants to help me make an auto version.. so literally something for every grower.

I'm also mostly into non-fem pure blooded Rom over other options.

This was what I figured most would want to grow, and it's in large part why I released regular (pure) Romulan seeds first. They are the only thing we currently have for sale on our website. 🙂

RomulanJake

As a side note, I have to request that people do not send me PM's asking for trades, clones, cuts, etc..

I've already got far more on my plate than I can handle, and I have no way to process clones for even a single person with how our own cloning is always going full tilt.

I've got cuts of plants at friends grows, and satellite locations. Far too many Mother plants that need to be kept alive. Cuts of lemon g, schrom, and some very rare Canadian strains on the way in the coming weeks.. with literally no place to put them yet.

I'm a little overwhelmed most of the time, and I feel bad for not answering peoples PM's.. but when its asking for more of my time essentially than I can offer, the only way I can not feel more overwhelmed is to ignore it entirely.

I have no issue if you asked, or have to ask. I have no problem giving people info, or leading them to our website. I just dont want to feel like a dick for not having the time or capability to facilitate your trade offers or requests for cuttings. I hope everyone can understand. I hope I'm not being an asshole just by posting this request.. just know I've had a lot of PM's asking me for cuts or a trade.

YukonKronic

As a side note, I have to request that people do not send me PM's asking for trades, clones, cuts, etc..

I've already got far more on my plate than I can handle, and I have no way to process clones for even a single person with how our own cloning is always going full tilt.

I've got cuts of plants at friends grows, and satellite locations. Far too many Mother plants that need to be kept alive. Cuts of lemon g, schrom, and some very rare Canadian strains on the way in the coming weeks.. with literally no place to put them yet.

I'm a little overwhelmed most of the time, and I feel bad for not answering peoples PM's.. but when its asking for more of my time essentially than I can offer, the only way I can not feel more overwhelmed is to ignore it entirely.

I have no issue if you asked, or have to ask. I have no problem giving people info, or leading them to our website. I just dont want to feel like a dick for not having the time or capability to facilitate your trade offers or requests for cuttings. I hope everyone can understand. I hope I'm not being an asshole just by posting this request.. just know I've had a lot of PM's asking me for cuts or a trade.

Lol now that you said your collecting Canadian rarities I wanna ask! I don’t think anyone should feel too let down that the guy they just met online doesn’t want to give away the work that he’s trying to make bread and butter out of... that said I’m going to cry for weeks if you don’t drive up here just to get stoned and trade genetics with me.
Or maybe I’ll just buy some of your seeds when they get released.:tiphat:

RomulanJake

Lol now that you said your collecting Canadian rarities I wanna ask! I don’t think anyone should feel too let down that the guy they just met online doesn’t want to give away the work that he’s trying to make bread and butter out of... that said I’m going to cry for weeks if you don’t drive up here just to get stoned and trade genetics with me.
Or maybe I’ll just buy some of your seeds when they get released
.:tiphat:

That last part made me laugh brother.. and thank you for those words as well. Makes me feel better about saying no or ignoring requests.

As for the Canadian rarities. Ive got a close friend (I met via instagram of all places) who has been silently collecting almost everything ever made. His seed collection alone is in the 10's of thousands of packs. He lives in Canada and has also collected cuts of anything particularly special or rare within Canada. He is gifting me some very special strains that are not obtainable any longer, and some crosses of Romulan that were only available to the collective of growers around the BC area. As well as every version of Romulan that Canada has ever grown. I cant say exactly what he is sending, because much of it is a surprise. But he dropped some hints, so I have ideas.

The guy is an older man, who has some plans down the road with those seeds. He wants to start a breeding company, and his goal, is much like mine.. to replenish the cannabis gene pool with all that was great from the past.

He currently is growing our regular Romulan seeds, in a side by side with all of Next Generation Seeds Romulan versions that are currently available. Here is a picture.. the little yellow ones in the middle are the NGS Romulan. They are all planted at same time.

picture.php

(that little guy on the far right is Australian Bastard Cannabis. He plans on crossing it with my Romulan to see what the hell happens.) ;)

YukonKronic

That last part made me laugh brother.. and thank you for those words as well. Makes me feel better about saying no or ignoring requests.

As for the Canadian rarities. Ive got a close friend (I met via instagram of all places) who has been silently collecting almost everything ever made. His seed collection alone is in the 10's of thousands of packs. He lives in Canada and has also collected cuts of anything particularly special or rare within Canada. He is gifting me some very special strains that are not obtainable any longer, and some crosses of Romulan that were only available to the collective of growers around the BC area. As well as every version of Romulan that Canada has ever grown. I cant say exactly what he is sending, because much of it is a surprise. But he dropped some hints, so I have ideas.

The guy is an older man, who has some plans down the road with those seeds. He wants to start a breeding company, and his goal, is much like mine.. to replenish the cannabis gene pool with all that was great from the past.

He currently is growing our regular Romulan seeds, in a side by side with all of Next Generation Seeds Romulan versions that are currently available. Here is a picture.. the little yellow ones in the middle are the NGS Romulan. They are all planted at same time.

View Image

(that little guy on the far right is Australian Bastard Cannabis. He plans on crossing it with my Romulan to see what the hell happens.) ;)

Cool. Old guys have the neatest shit...

Edit: I’m only kind of joking... I’ll get you stoned as fuck bro! Lol drop a line any time your up this way.

RomulanJake

Cool. Old guys have the neatest shit...

Edit: I’m only kind of joking... I’ll get you stoned as fuck bro! Lol drop a line any time your up this way.

Ill keep that in mind and definitely will, if I ever make it up there.

:D

btw, how come my avatar wont change to the custom one Ive picked?

Enthusiast

I see your IG, but cannot for the life of me find your website. Could you direct the stupid among us towards the right general vicinity? :thank you:

RomulanJake

I see your IG, but cannot for the life of me find your website. Could you direct the stupid among us towards the right general vicinity? :thank you:

We had an old site that I took down, due to forgetting the password as we were building it, so if you click on one that says "404 error" its the closed website.

Our working website is listed on our profile here on icmag.. its under the CONTACT INFO page of our profile.

Last edited:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Looks like it's still that image of Nibbler. It's possible that maybe the photo you chose was too large or something like that? If I remember correctly, it has a maximum pixel size, and a maximum KB size or it won't work. ICMag uses an old forum software platform.

RomulanJake

^ Looks like it's still that image of Nibbler. It's possible that maybe the photo you chose was too large or something like that? If I remember correctly, it has a maximum pixel size, and a maximum KB size or it won't work. ICMag uses an old forum software platform.

I think that was it, but its still not changed. I made my avatar 99x99 pixels and its less than 9kb in size so it should work.. right?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah it should. Hmmm. I'd go ahead and reach out to an admin. Payaso is a good and helpful one. ;)

Happy Times

Now I'll explain the differences, and answer your last question:

The regular Romulan (aka Original) is the seeds we currently have available. They were made from old seed stock, the same batch that our clone only cut was selected from years ago. They have some variety, though slight. Some show purple traits, some grow and look identical to our clone cut, and almost all are a strong pine scent, as mentioned above.

The fem'd seeds Romulan is made from our clone cut, passed through tissue culture and reversed then selfed to make feminized seeds. That plant is a potential cup winner, in every way. Anyone who values good, old school genetics.. should not go without growing that plant at some point.

The IBL we have planned is yet to come, but is being worked on currently and will be for the next year most likely. It will be as close to our clone cut as possible, but will be regular seeds. Essentially we are hunting through the seeds, and selecting only cuts that are identical to the clone cut. We plan to work these until they are as homogeneous as we can get. Only then we will do testing, and eventually release of the planned IBL seeds.

Also.. POST 50! :D

Hi RJ

Thank you for sharing that detailed info. I was wondering- so does the regular version use a different female from the cut-only lady that’s being used to make the fems? Or is the regular version made with the cut-only as a mother, and male(s) from the old seed stock?

RomulanJake

Hi RJ

Thank you for sharing that detailed info. I was wondering- so does the regular version use a different female from the cut-only lady that’s being used to make the fems? Or is the regular version made with the cut-only as a mother, and male(s) from the old seed stock?

I had planned to use the clone cut initially, but realized that was not best for the preservation of the strain so I chose to breed a Male and Female that were both selected from the old seed stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts