What's new

Why Sensi Star?

Lung.Butter

Im just at 9 weeks flower with a 10 pack of sensi star regs. These girls are frosty as hell, one of them i believe to be the sativa pheno, it's alot more stretchy than the others and cannot hold its own weight unlike the indy phenos.

I'm not sure what the genetics are of this beast but giving it a good sniff i'd swear it has some haze in it.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are these seeds available anywhere? I've been looking for the past year or so, but everywhere I've looked has been out of stock. I'd love to grow a pack or two of these sometime next year.

bigAl25

Veteran
I am so excited that I have sensi star in my next line up with ice cream and white berry. That combo pack from Gypsy is the tits, and I'm looking forward to starting them up after reading all the good stuff here. Thanks farmers for the insight and comments on Paradise's sensi star. Indoors, organic soil, two 400s HPS/MH. I did read nute sensitive and needed nutes, so I'll just stick to the OGR Fox Farm schedule for nutes.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoking some of the 95' Sensi Star Krunch and Ido mentioned earlier in the thread. She is the sleepiest thing I have smoked, works everytime. Guess what i am doing after this doobie? Upon breaking her up she has a sourish smell, and when trimming smells just like my sour bubble. She is thick bold full flavor smoke, can't really hit the nail on the head with taste.

She grows VERY easyily, gets ROCK hard, and yields ok with a nice veg. This clone doesn't have the lemony or even metalic smell I have experienced with sensi star locally grown. One pheno a dispensary used to sell was very lemony, good structure,a nd right up my alley. If it was available I always indulged.

PoopyTeabags used to have a sensi star cut that was mouth watering delicious as well, more metallic if I remeber right.

I am 99.9 sure the 95 cut I have is also a parent to the deathstar, another favorite smoke of mine. Here is what I found:

"The DeathStar is a hybrid of a very special ECSD crossed to a rare phenotype of Sensi Star, from Paradise's original stock (before they re-released it). It is known for having tight internodes, light stretch, and forms rock hard, golf-ball like nugs."

The clone came from a couple of hours North of where Deathstar was created, it make sense, not to many orginal release sensi star cuts can be floating around my area.

Just tonight I cracked 10 Sensi Star regular seeds to begin the backcross to the 95' clone. Also to see what females come along :) I have two more packs and am fighting the urge to go grab another and throw them in. When I reach a desireable 3rd back cross I will find some dudes and cross it to the ecsd making some male/female deathstar beans, and also ASAP I will be doing the orginal femed cross of the two.

I do love the 95' clone, I don't gravitate towards it for smoking as much as I do others, but I do love growing and looking at it, which matters to me lol. Right now she is in my top 3 production spots.

95' Sensi Star:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Veteran
My friend grew some Sensi Star outdoors this summer, I found it some of the tastiest outdoor i've had in a while, thick and full and flavor. And it has serious indica 2x4 buzz, yield was good for shorter plant.

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
Just tonight I cracked 10 Sensi Star regular seeds to begin the backcross to the 95' clone. Also to see what females come along :) I have two more packs and am fighting the urge to go grab another and throw them in. When I reach a desireable 3rd back cross I will find some dudes and cross it to the ecsd making some male/female deathstar beans, and also ASAP I will be doing the orginal femed cross of the two.

I do love the 95' clone, I don't gravitate towards it for smoking as much as I do others, but I do love growing and looking at it, which matters to me lol. Right now she is in my top 3 production spots.

95' Sensi Star:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I just love the photos of this plant. Such a nice structure, density, and trichome coverage. Very well grown too!

Looking forward to hearing what you find in those regular Sensi Star seeds PK.

gopot

i actually smoked ss when in amsterdam a few years ago and would grow/smoke/marry it if I possible could, will get some ss from paridise if i had the money

Scrogerman

Veteran
thumbs down to the breeders of this strain, seen a couple of worthless seedplant lines from them in the last couple of years. A mate has just grown out Jackywhite & its completely different to what it used to be, rubbish to what it was! whats changed?
BI the 95 SS looks lovely!

Recent reports sugest, eithet P'seeds are shit or they sold up, id like this confirmed tbh, some crap oferings from people who used to give the best! or @ least tidy lines!
from what ive seen latley these breeders are taking too many mushroomsQ!????????

Last edited:

HOVAH2.0

The SS i grew about 5 years ago from a regular pack was the best shit ive smoked to date... the high really gave me the feeling of being an actual famous person, hence the name..that cut had no equal.. last year a pack of fem. seeds didnt live up to that cut, but the taste and yeild were on par...at the time i didnt realize what i had..
if i were to buy more SS it would have to be a Regular seed pack, which are very hard to come by..... but that pheno is only availible through reg. pack i think.
.... taste lip smacking, the smell is super funky pole catty, the high will consume and leave you feeling really important.. an all time keeper... will wipe the floor with any indica!

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm pissed, I couldn't get my 2 femmed sensi star seed to germ. I was really looking forward to growing them out. I still have 2 ice cream/2whiteberry for next year.

señorsloth

Veteran
anybody who says sensi star isn't one of the bombest indica's on the planet hasn't tried real sensi...

i would say the OP has been feeding on the BS street dealers tell him...90% of the weed on the streets in a non med state isn't what your dealer tells you. they just pull names out of their butts from years of jerking of to high times magazines so that they sell better. if you had smoked real sensi star you would have probably fallen over like i did when i first tried it. my friend has a very old cut and i'll be starting a mom up in the next few weeks, i've never seen anything that can compare to it except my chemdog ibl super sugar pheno...

the rule of thumb is if you don't order it, receive it in a breeders packaging, and grow it yourself don't believe it's what they say it is, that is unless you have a trusted friend with a cut, and you know for a fact that he ordered the seeds, received them in a breeders packaging, and grew it himself...only after that do you have the right to make questionable claims about a well known, and world renowned strain like sensi star...

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Delta 9's SuperStar is one that you all might want to check out.

R.Fortune

Cool Moe

Veteran
Here's 1 of 6 sensi star girls that're just about finished outdoors at 26N. These were from seedbou in original packaging and came available last year or earlier this year when the redesigned website came up. Only 6 germed, all females. They are beautiful frost-covered purpling stinkbombs. I was so much hoping to make a shitload of f2s but it wasn't meant to be...oh well, such is life. Can't wait to hit this strain for the 1st time!

demasoni

Lots of nice star pics! Ive never really known what is meant by the ogre pheno. Ive seen 5 pheno's that range from a rare haze looking plant that takes 14 weeks to finish,(the pheno being in bred by Delta 9) to a short branchy fat fuelish indica that finishes in 50 days. There are 2 pheno's that have a heavy couchlock, 2 pheno's that have a more balanced high and 1 pheno that is pure sativa in effect. The most common pheno, and the one i like the most is a christmas tree shaped indica leaning plant that is initially balanced in effect but turns heavy couchlock pretty quick.

There is a chest high, branchy pheno that yeilds well and has close nodal spacing that looks very indica but has a more balanced effect than the 2 heavy indica pheno's.
D.S Toker
How long does the branchy chest high pheno flower?
Is the short branchy fat fuelish 50day indica one of the couchlock or more balanced?

I'm running delta9 SuperStar now. I bought it thinking it was closer to the sensi star.
Today makes 69 days. Smoking some right now that was taken at 65 it seems only 75-80% done. samples now totally dry, and its clearly not ready. Additionally the LC mix this time is ruined by poor quality humus with too much wood/stick so they're fried. I had no idea this pheno needs 98 days and these are basically dead at 70. I can tell the super star is awesome if done properly, but don't have the time or space to do them again right away. Sensi Star will come before I run the super again..

G

gloryoskie

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Delta 9's SuperStar is one that you all might want to check out.
R.Fortune

Yeah, you can't go wrong with the SuperStar by Delta 9. I have grown both mini SOG and SrcoG with it many times and been very satisfied. Frosty and very pretty. Awesome after 70 days and with a 45-60 day cure, a keeper, no doubt.

Paradise Sensi is out of stock, but Delta 9 has the SuperStar in stock now.

I have a different experience with sensi star, but then again it does depend on the pheno you get, this was a death star made from true males and females using sensi star and the death star mom was sensi star leaning, didn't look or taste like anything special, but the sheer trichome production was outrageous and I haven't seen anything quite like it since.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone had good experiences with the feminized seeds? I gave up looking for the regulars and bought a pack of the feminized seeds. They will be part of my next seed grow sometime next year, so I'm hoping I'll find one as good as the plants people are talking about here.

demasoni

Turns out the Super Star is going to be very potent. It simply needed a whole lot more time than 65 days.

Gloryoskie, good to know about the cure. Super Star does seems like one that needs a true cure for the potency to really come through.

I have one more Super Star at 77 days now I'll be cutting it in a day or two.
These things are very gradual and don't start to mature until so late. It kept tricking me, for the sensi line its a full fledged sativa time frame. the calyxes didn't really begin to swell until 55+. The resin profile didn't start to mature at all really until 68+ days, it seemed like the trichomes would never swell up and stretch out. At 73-75 these could finally be considered "mature" but could go longer.
I let the last of three go longer for more body high. the first one I cut is ready to cure. If these had a healthier run without soil issues they would still have some healthy foliage at 70 and I'd expect far more resin to pile on, but like I said mine got fried.
maybe some pics before I chop the last, this run just wasn't up to par for me(environment not genetics).

Lung.Butter

My recent pack of sensi star regs turned out to be nothing special. Alot of trichromes and a spicy smell, it was quite strong but was very lacking in the taste department, some phenos were good yielders. Got around 6 females in the pack. I've got a 5 pack of superstar going now, hopefully it'll be better.

Latest posts

Latest posts