What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why Is Florida the Lamest State When It Comes To Marijuana?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've lived in Florida my whole life(32 years) and I love it! Sure the laws suck so just don't get caught. That being said I've been arrested 3 times for pot but all I ever got was probation. 2 of them were felonies but I got adjudication withheld so I'm not a "felon" and still have my rights. The reason it's still illegal is $$$$. Fines + court cost + probation= income for the state and county. Most recently I got caught with 5 different cool things at a music festival in Suwannee county. I thought I was totally fucked but all I got was 3 years probation, pay them their money and get off in half the time. I think Florida kicks ass!! Tons of outdoor stuff to do all year round. Florida summers are hot as balls but summer is hot everywhere. At least in Florida there are rivers, lakes, springs and beaches all over the place. Nothing better than jumping into a 72 degree spring when it's 94 out like it is right now. As far as the white trash and what not just avoid them and hangout with like minded ppl. Just watch all these growers that have fled out west to come running back home when the laws change. I could probably write an essay about how great Florida is. OLD Florida that is, fuck all the tourist bullshit
the Suwannee river experience kicks ass.. only got there via visiting a local in south florida that moved to live oak.. 37 (or so) First Baptist Churches in one town , maybe more by now that was 7 years ago..

EDIT: and they have a fantastic music festival in the ??? spring>>> google it.

GainGreene

I'm not from Florida but got arrested there once. Not sure how many have experienced their penal system but...it's a machine. Got a good lawyer and got of light...seemed all they wanted was the money. Show me the money, Show me the money.

Don't get me wrong, had many good times there. Once when visiting never wore shoes for 3 weeks (and never used the car either, just the boat).

They sell shirts here that say "Come on vacation leave on probation."

Floridian

Veteran
I've lived here in the same small house since 1999 and started growing here in 2002.I've never had a lick of trouble here.Matter of fact on a couple occasions I could have ended up in jail the cops took me home instead.There a lots of shitty cops out there but even more decent cops I'd have to say in my experience

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not so sure about legal in 2 years. This mmj that's up in Nov. ain't that great. No grow, with only 5 legal grow ops. You know dispensaries are going to be a shit storm. Hugely expensive, limited strains, and not competitive at all.

I'm still voting yea. Breaking this southern block shit has to start somewhere. Called to get my absentee ballot sent just yesterday.

Don't be a chicken. Bet the buck:)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've lived here in the same small house since 1999 and started growing here in 2002.I've never had a lick of trouble here.Matter of fact on a couple occasions I could have ended up in jail the cops took me home instead.There a lots of shitty cops out there but even more decent cops I'd have to say in my experience

Similar experiance Floridian, been here 20 years...not too long ago got stopped for speeding locally, had no seat belt on and as it turned out, my insurance was expired.. he went to his car, came back gave reg and licence back and said it was my lucky day, as he left said: 'if I was smart wouldn't drive the car' til the ins was in order, not even a warning ticket. but I'm not on vacation, I live here... go to NY with Fl tags and screw up.

Betterhaff

Veteran
One of the biggest sections/categories by proportion in the yellow pages is attorneys in Florida. Bigger than most places I've been (not that I need one everywhere I go but after my Florida experience I sometimes check out of curiosity).
They sell shirts here that say "Come on vacation leave on probation."
Lol, a girl from the Clerk of Courts office told me that on the phone as I was buttoning up some paperwork. I told her I bet the Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau love that.

Floridian

Veteran
I think the elderly population and the number of lawyers in Fla is not a coincidence.Same with the pain mgmt. business.Try setting up a pain clinic in any other state I bet its not easy

dddaver

Veteran
The Governor of Florida, who made millions from an HMO that he managed, that was found to have feloniously committed fraud of Medicare, a federal system, and we have a BIG problem here.

How did Governor Rick Scott skate? He did that by being bought and sold by big pharma. Big pharma is based in Florida, the historical Mecca for retirees who buy the most drugs and are the biggest single group of consistent conservative voters. So given those facts, the big drug companies are taking advantage of this southern rebellion bullshit from way back the civil war era that still exists in the southeast U.S. against the federal system, and now has the most powerful puppet of them all, in their pocket.

The only good in this tragic circumstance, is that things are slowly changing. This huge injustice cannot sustain. And I think politics in Florida are in for a big change in the next few years, with Governor Scott maybe even seeing federal country club jail time that he deserves. Ands all starting here finally with the Medical Marijuana passage in November.

But it's a long hard row to hoe. I don't expect things here to change fast. The Republicans are in power a couple more years anyway. But real change will come, has to come. But 3 years? I'll take a piece of that bet Tudo. :biggrin:

oldchuck

Veteran
I moved to cali for med mj nothing else...san diego also has the best weather in the usa as far as I am concerned...but everything else is shit as far as I am concerned...pollution ,,insane electric and gas prices,along with rent and a whole list of other shit...but I can have a pile of weed and a bunch of plants and never worry bout jail...yeehaw...how much longer this will last is debateable

I think you are nuts, old trout. I've been reading your yeehaw, smug stuff for some time now and I kind of like you but you are nuts.

SD is about the most unsafe place in the US that I can think of. You live in an overcrowded desert that is getting hotter and dryer every minute. The area, SD, LA, Arizona, the whole southwest, is packed with nuts with guns, meth, oppression, and bad attitudes. If you had any brains you would pack it in and head somewhere safer.

WelderDan

Veteran
Florida is slowly getting there. We almost got the 60% of the vote needed to get legal MMJ during the last election, and it looks like it might just pass this election.

Hopefully Sheldon Adelson will stay out of our fucking business. MMJ is legal in his state, he has no business bankrolling anti-MMJ campaigns here, the sorry piece of shit.

Several places in Florida have decriminalized small amounts. Tampa recently decriminalized small amounts (now it's just a civil fine, no criminal charge) and St Petersburg is considering the same.

It's still zero tolerance in a lot of places, but change is coming.

It hasn't stopped me, regardless of the law.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I think you are nuts, old trout. I've been reading your yeehaw, smug stuff for some time now and I kind of like you but you are nuts.

SD is about the most unsafe place in the US that I can think of. You live in an overcrowded desert that is getting hotter and dryer every minute. The area, SD, LA, Arizona, the whole southwest, is packed with nuts with guns, meth, oppression, and bad attitudes. If you had any brains you would pack it in and head somewhere safer.

You were doing OK till the guns, chuck. Move to where ?? somewhere like Chicago or NYC where there are many gun laws prohibiting legal citizens having guns, leaving only/mostly criminals with guns. highest murder rates in the country.. liberals.

EDIT: sorry to muck up your thread trout.. GL again..

oldchuck

Veteran
You were doing OK till the guns, chuck. Move to where ?? somewhere like Chicago or NYC where there are many gun laws prohibiting legal citizens having guns, leaving only/mostly criminals with guns. highest murder rates in the country.. liberals.

Okay, Snook, you have a point. I did say nuts with guns not just guns. I have a couple myself but I am not even slightly worried about nuts in my neighborhood or state for that matter.

Your point is well taken that there are damned few places in the US, especially urban places, where there are not an overabundance of nuts with guns.

DJM

"Why is FL the lamest state?" this thread needs to be fucking nixed. And, anyone in this thread NOT from FL saying FL sucks, calling us all racist rednecks needs to loose their damn Handle right fucking now. It's good to know where FL stands with some of you.

here's some ideas for the next state bashing thread...
Why is California always on fire? or why do you Californians think that all the water belongs to you? Why is rent so high in the communist wastelands of CA?

why is methane gas pouring into CA air and radiation washing up on CA beaches? Why is Commiefornia broke?

If I wanted to live in a insolvent, radioactive, methane poisoned, dried out, overpriced, stuck up can of sardines on fire, that sits on the San Andreas fault and is one good Earthquake away from being swallowed underground I'd move to CA Just so I could freely grow pot and feel American, safe and accomplished.

BTW, I thought that you California and Oregon growers love FL. You sure don't mind flooding our market with overpriced units of shit you can't even donate back home. Yeah you guys aren't bitching about our wholesale elbow prices are ya?

Best post in the whole thread. Mad respect from a fellow south floridian. Fuck every person in here bashing florida as most of your states are in far more turmoil , yet you think youre free because you can grow some plants? meanwhile your are still tax paying pawns of the same corrupt system. Laws never stopped me growing in florida, and i was never caught doing so , its called balls and street smarts, find some.

Floridian

Veteran
It really is so bad down here,I can hardly stand it?You folks need to just stay away from this shithole stay far,far away..Tampa is by far the worst!!Don't come near for your own good.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran

Sorry bro that's false info in Chicago you can have a concealed to carry or a void card long as you pass the back grid check...

Yes I agree Chicago is FUCKED Up we all Rdy got 400 killed this year due to Gun violence.You wouldn't understand what's going on there,cause you only read shit they put on the news.I grew up in humbolt park in the 80 and 90z. Murder rate was 900 what's going on has allways been going on ...its just there social media now to open people's eyes
If I remember correctly IL is the hardest state to get a card,but they just said ten grams or less no longer is a criminal case it's civil..CROOK COUNTy way over populated 10k plus people locked up a lot of them petty drug cases