What's new

Why has no-one feminised the REAL Cheese???

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's lots of bullshit flying about here rick mate... who am I to blow against the wind :wink:

"Cheese" came from a regular pack of Skunk#1 seeds, c.1988.

Splitting the fact, from the bullshit, from the heresay after, becomes a matter of opinion.

Peace out :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course,, there were male plants in the same batch ,, they killed them first!!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe not "cheese type" males but still same blood.. good enough for " curbed incross"

is the cheeses blood ibl?

if not ibl for the full file but for the vigor ...and maybe its musk and blue hue traits?????????

what im thinking is the ibl lines are very important in any project...you cant beat plants from large scale ibl projects....sam has done his best work on sk1 .....an i thinkin, if i worked into the line,my project would be one of the best possible???

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BTW fritillary made s1 stock from Kachina (Cheese x TW) aka Eek-a-mouse" years ago now .. it didn't involve much talent kids... lol :biglaugh:

Donated about here to Gypsy / DG ,, and across the globe for FREE. Many homegrowers have since enjoyed them in their garden,, time b4 the latest cheese (x) trainwreck craze.. and the pantomime that has followed it.

Talk about money for old rope,, (like an encore).. !

If these cats can get an s1 from the original clone,, and can get it out to the ppl that want it,, for FREE,, then of course that's gonna be cool :yes: Best to them and the cause :canabis:

Peace all :joint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VFF4_tto0

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
englishrick said:
is the cheeses blood ibl?

Ask Sam. He doesn't bite :D

The best resource of knowledge on Skunk/Cheese is the man who made it,, Sam the Skunkman,, a man that donates his time and knowledge here most mornings :canabis:

Be polite. :D

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh...i dont want to bother him .....you know what im like!!...id piss him right off ..lol

im sure cheese is ibl under the pheno!!...id love to know...it would change my project plans!!

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
englishrick said:
yeh...i dont want to bother him .....you know what im like!!...id piss him right off ..lol

im sure cheese is ibl under the pheno!!...id love to know...it would change my project plans!!

sk1 is one of the oldest ibl you can get , it has now been poorley selected and breeds true, but crap , compare to the 80s and 90s sk1 , when sk1 hit Amsterdam , the valuable afghani part that made sk1 was left in the America , the Dutch tried to replicate the amazing qualities of the original sk1 , but could not and after 10 years they came out with super skunk , which is sk1 x afghan , the super is more stretchy and not as stinking as original sk1 ...
the rare afghan in the old sk1 and the new afghani the Dutch chose for the super ,together are responsible for all the amazing super skunk road kill skunk phenos , but these were rare even back then ,,,
the super skunk road kills are some horrible smelling , not even like cannabis , you would through a lot of them away if you grew them , as they are not as nice as you think ... some are horribnle smelling in a nice way .lol

the cheese is about 10 years after sk1 hit the dam , guys allot happens in 10 years , there were 1000s of plants being selected from one green house ,
there could have been stray pollen and all sorts going on , the people working this world back then had no idea they would be watched in the future and bombarded with Qs like we do now , lol i cant remember last week , let a lone 10 years ago ,
Imo the cheese is 1989 sk1 rare pheno , but allot of sk1 smelt like cheese but mot as strong but it was there . and it may have a some stray pollen from another strain . its possible ...… can any of you remember a mel or ed book , where they show a Dutch green house filled with either sk1 or super skunk , all stabilised IBLs in a green house full of 5000 plants , 1 plant was purple and cheese looking compared to all the others , in p1 and IBLS you will still see variance in large numbers

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so cheese is an ibl pheno???

so what is LLP`s phyco "aka" superskunk (sk1 x discontued 18.5 afgan)??

what was 18.5 afgan male all about??

Last edited:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
There very well could have been a male with the recessive gene BUT..... the chances of you knowing that male had the recessive gene is extremely difficult. The uniqueness of cheese usually doesn't come out until flowering. We all know more terpenes are produced during flowing and that's when you really start to smell it. Very rarely do I find a male that really stinks....compared to a female haha so to actually find a male that stinks of cheese would be difficult imo........especially given the rarity of the gene. I would suspect you would have to grow out hundreds of plants to even find cheese....and a cheesy male on top of that.....that's like a lottery chance to me. Sure you could back cross cheese to sk#1 but I would bet skunkyness would still dominate. When i select a male I look for any frostyness, vigor, height etc. I Found a male once that smelled slight lemony but that was about it. Really in my days I have rarely seen a male with a unique scent, most just smell like cat piss and skunk. That's what I'm talking about concerning actually finding a cheesy male.

G

Without a time machine, you're not gonna find a similar Skunk to Cheese, 20 years of inbreeding have taken care of that. Ganja Baba's post is pretty accurate as far as I know, although I don't know whether Sam brought the component parts of Skunk on clone form to Holland (reference to the Aghan missing) as Skunk was already arounf in 1976 as Sam talked about it being so smelly back then you could smell it blocks away and the smell went through brick walls. He further worked the line to fix this problem (it was getting folks busted) and completed the work in Holland in partnership with a couple of Dutch guys (Eddy Rekedder and Ben Dronker if memory serves me correctly) and Sam has written about doing progeny testing of 200 plants per line, I think 189 lines, but do the maths for yourselves, he was doing tens of thousands of plants just to carry out the progeny testing on the Skunk line, this was 1982-84. Sam selected for the sweeter, more sativa side of the line and bred out the stinkier, more indica (Afghan) side as he doesn't care for getting 'loaded' from an indica, he is interested in getting high from sativas. Sam has said he still has the older Skunk genes from before he stabilised the line for the sweet, sativa side but has no plans to release them.

So where does Cheese fit in? Well, it was found in 88, Exodus got it in 89 and they spread it and popularised it. The seeds Cheese came from must have been made earlier, 87 or even 8 or earlier, back then, a company in Holland could grow 40,000 plants and make huge quantities of seeds, so seed stock could sit around for a while before being sold. Now, I'm pretty sure that Cheese is just a Skunk #1 that is displaying a recessive trait, probably from the Afghan part of it's heritage, it's just a throwback to the pre-stabilised Skunk #1 before Sam got to Holland and worked it to make it less indica and stinky. So probably the only person who has Skunk seeds that would produce phenos similar to Cheese is Sam himself. The Flying Dutchmen would like us to believe that we can draw a direct line from the pioneer work Eddy Rekedder did with Sam in the early 80s right through to their current catalogue. If that is so, TFD's The Pure should be the same as Skunk#1 from 25 years ago. But how many generations of inbreeding have occurred? The chances of finding a recessive stinky Cheese-like pheno in modern Skunk seeds would seem very remote, possibly thoudsands would need to be grown in the hope one lucky recessive pops up. If you could get hold of 20 year old Skunk seeds the chanes of a recessive would be higher, but to really find Skunk seeds that had a good chance of producing a recessive stinky pheno, you'd probably have to beg Sam to give you some of the pre-stabilised Skunk seeds from pre-82.

I've often wondered what the Skunk that Ganja baba used to make his (pretty fantastic) Pineapple (Skunk x Alaskan) as I think he told me he made the cross about 1990 and perhaps the Skunk he used was of a similar vintage and type to the Cheese as the Pineapple resembles Cheese in some ways, looks similar, smells and smokes similar but is more fruity, less musky, Pineapple describes it pretty well. If someone told you it was a Cheese hybrid and you didn't know better, you'd believe them.

Ganja baba

Veteran
very good points gp , we have a pynamite x shiva male , it takes 4 weeks to drop pollen and is one strong plant , we crossed him to the cheese ,
so far the cross smells and looks like pure cheese , it has two weeks left .
banana man has 25 cheese plants at the ready for pollinating with the pynamite x shiva male ... so only the smoke test left , and we may have cracked the cheese mission ....
pynamite is pineapple x dynamite ....

ill get bman to post some photos ...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ganja b........are you talkin about bannana man`s uk pineapple clone??.. ohyeh thats another hottie!........cheese and pineapple are real uk divas!!

Last edited:
G

englishrick said:
ganja b........are you talkin about bannana man`s uk pineapple clone??.. ohyeh thats another hottie!........cheese and pineapple are real uk divas!!

lol its actually ganja b's clone ,so yes the same

Ganja baba

Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Without a time machine, you're not gonna find a similar Skunk to Cheese, 20 years of inbreeding have taken care of that. Ganja Baba's post is pretty accurate as far as I know, although I don't know whether Sam brought the component parts of Skunk on clone form to Holland (reference to the Aghan missing) as Skunk was already arounf in 1976 as Sam talked about it being so smelly back then you could smell it blocks away and the smell went through brick walls. He further worked the line to fix this problem (it was getting folks busted) and completed the work in Holland in partnership with a couple of Dutch guys (Eddy Rekedder and Ben Dronker if memory serves me correctly) and Sam has written about doing progeny testing of 200 plants per line, I think 189 lines, but do the maths for yourselves, he was doing tens of thousands of plants just to carry out the progeny testing on the Skunk line, this was 1982-84. Sam selected for the sweeter, more sativa side of the line and bred out the stinkier, more indica (Afghan) side as he doesn't care for getting 'loaded' from an indica, he is interested in getting high from sativas. Sam has said he still has the older Skunk genes from before he stabilised the line for the sweet, sativa side but has no plans to release them.

So where does Cheese fit in? Well, it was found in 88, Exodus got it in 89 and they spread it and popularised it. The seeds Cheese came from must have been made earlier, 87 or even 8 or earlier, back then, a company in Holland could grow 40,000 plants and make huge quantities of seeds, so seed stock could sit around for a while before being sold. Now, I'm pretty sure that Cheese is just a Skunk #1 that is displaying a recessive trait, probably from the Afghan part of it's heritage, it's just a throwback to the pre-stabilised Skunk #1 before Sam got to Holland and worked it to make it less indica and stinky. So probably the only person who has Skunk seeds that would produce phenos similar to Cheese is Sam himself. The Flying Dutchmen would like us to believe that we can draw a direct line from the pioneer work Eddy Rekedder did with Sam in the early 80s right through to their current catalogue. If that is so, TFD's The Pure should be the same as Skunk#1 from 25 years ago. But how many generations of inbreeding have occurred? The chances of finding a recessive stinky Cheese-like pheno in modern Skunk seeds would seem very remote, possibly thoudsands would need to be grown in the hope one lucky recessive pops up. If you could get hold of 20 year old Skunk seeds the chanes of a recessive would be higher, but to really find Skunk seeds that had a good chance of producing a recessive stinky pheno, you'd probably have to beg Sam to give you some of the pre-stabilised Skunk seeds from pre-82.

I've often wondered what the Skunk that Ganja baba used to make his (pretty fantastic) Pineapple (Skunk x Alaskan) as I think he told me he made the cross about 1990 and perhaps the Skunk he used was of a similar vintage and type to the Cheese as the Pineapple resembles Cheese in some ways, looks similar, smells and smokes similar but is more fruity, less musky, Pineapple describes it pretty well. If someone told you it was a Cheese hybrid and you didn't know better, you'd believe them.

if you are interested in trying sensi seeds super skunk ganja pasha.... from 18 year old seeds , we have f2s form a friend who grew them from seed in 1990 and didnt know about taking males out back then , so all the females and males from one pack of super skunk seeds were all grown in the same room, then the sk1 . we were lucky to be given an ample amount , we all so have sk1 f2s from the same year from sensi .... we have only grown the super so far , and all the phenos are in there , super was made in 1990 the same year the seeds were bought , we have 2 phenos at the moment , a really fuelly one that is all red hairs , not much room for resin , but it stinks to hell , and a really horrible smelling one that doesnt smell of weed , more dead animal and boot polish but is dense and more indica skunk looking , i never smelt a real life skunk animal before so i can only guess it may be road kill .... i am next popping more ssk and sk1 , i am interested to see what the sk1 genes where actually like in numbers , because multiple males and females were used , there should be many phenos unless it really was so stable, even cheese maybe . its 2 years after cheese was found lol ...

Ganja baba

Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
lol its actually ganja b's clone ,so yes the same

cheers mate , bman has my clone and we work together with a few others in breeding projects ... bman does some fine work ..

Ganja baba

Veteran
blackone said:
Have you been able to carry the pineapple traits on in breeding projects?

yes the pineapple traits have come out ... its there in the lemon pie , the safe house , just crossing the pineapple with pursang haze , should be a beast ...
the best pineapple cross so far for me is the kali shnapple , pineapple x kalimist , you get some really close pineapple phenos and mixed spicy pineapple phenos ...
tanks black

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Nice ganja baba, i did not know your pineapple was from an old school skunk line ! That's just amazing, you got so many nice cross ! Keep the good job bro, and thanks for all the sharing on this thread !

Latest posts

Latest posts