What's new

Why has no-one feminised the REAL Cheese???

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your too quick ganja b...you have done or doing so many things ive just thought of doing.....i even have an old pack of strawberrydiesel ready to cross with the cheese ......its been waiting for me since last year...maybe im to slow!

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ganja baby........what about that dirty old afgan skunk you have.......... self it to the cheese an maybe you will have a sticky road kill type???

i remember you sayin it was strong but no resin!...id love to know its dominant trates in some crosses??

what do you think???

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
englishrick said:
ganja baby........what about that dirty old afgan skunk you have.......... self it to the cheese an maybe you will have a sticky road kill type???

i remember you sayin it was strong but no resin!...id love to know its dominant trates in some crosses??

what do you think???

i have a male of the 1990 ssk . i havnt got round to crossing him yet , you may be thinking , hes mad not to have done it yet , but thats what i think of the crosses i am doing at the moment , i want to cross so many things but with little time lol... a friend has just crossed my female ssk hairy pheno , with space queen or blue satalite , so we will see what happens in the cross soon ..
with regards to the cheese we are two weeks away from chopping a cheese x pynamite shiva , which bman said is looking and smelling pure cheese . we have the male that made this cross , hope fully we have some thing here .
i will be popping some of the 1990 sk1 seeds soon , see whats in um ....

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I´ve heard that Super Skunk is Skunk#1 x Kandahar...anyone? :D
Sensi Super Skunk

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i want to see more afgan in the cheese!!...ganja baby your moving at 1,000,000 miles an hour compared to me! keep it up an you will be at the moon soon..lol

i would self the old dirty afgan to the cheese!

is kandaha an afgan??

superskunk should be sk1 x afgan

but sensi changed the sk1 and the afgan in the 90`s..its still sk1 x afgan but it was re worked!!..an a different afgan was used!!

Last edited:

Ganja baba

Veteran
englishrick said:
i want to see more afgan in the cheese!!...ganja baby your moving at 1,000,000 miles an hour compared to me! keep it up an you will be at the moon soon..lol

i would self the old dirty afgan to the cheese!

is kandaha an afgan??

superskunk should be sk1 x afgan

but sensi changed the sk1 and the afgan in the 90`s..its still sk1 x afgan but it was re worked!!..an a different afgan was used!!

cheers rick , i wish i was faster ... bman is on fire at the mo ..
the super seeds we have are from the year super was made ..
Q why self the old ssk afhghan when we have males ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just because we can totaly understand it, being a female we can see the dad in female form, and i love that...we know this f2 mom is real keeper for a dad

G

Ganja baba, I remember chatting to ya about the SS, what you say about the almost fuel-like pheno hit a chord with me, I remember lemony, almost ful-like SuperSkunk from the late 90s. I spent a while living in Leiden and used to buy big 5g bags of SS, they used to sell Power Plant, Super Skunk and 'Afghaan' in 5g bags for really good deals and the SS was always top-notch, although when they had a good Haze I bought that instead. I will take you up on that offer to try the SS one day though, I remember a fuel-lemon SS, a dirtier, nastier smelling SS (I thought it smelt like dead bodies) and a lighter, fluffier, slightly orangey/grapefruity SS that had lots of dark red hairs. I never grew any SS myself, just didn't make sense to grow the same thing as you could buy all over the place cheap! I remember a Dutch friend getting all annoyed that the expensive hybrid he has just shelled out for seeds of had turned out 'like it was mostly Skunk' and folks often saying things like 'I've got a really nice cut of that, hardly any skunk in this pheno at all' point being, in the mid 90s, folks were already getting annoyed at how homogenous and uniform the common varieties were becoming and skunk was kind of a dirty word among the cognoscenti, folks used to turn their noses up at things for being 'too skunky' when what they meant was 'too boring' or 'just like all the other stuff I've grown lately'. Vive la difference!

Ever wondered why it took so long for Cheese to become popular in Hollnad? Well, I doubt it is popular in Holland, except with tourists who have heard of the cut and want to saple. You see, Cheese is merely a good/great Skunk pheno, and as Elevator man said earlier, there are many Skunky type strains around that all fit into a certain taste/smell/high profile and they all came from Holland either in seed form or as cuts, the Dutch have been overrun with good skunky cuts for a couple of decades, they got thoroughly sick and tired of good, skunky buds over a decade ago and looked for more exotic fare for personal headstash, so why whould the Dutch be interested in yet another good Skunk (Cheese)?

As for crossign the Cheese to a stinky Afghan, someone did that when they made the Cheese x Yumboldt cut that's floating around, I grew it and liked it a lot, it's a more indica Cheese, smell and taste are spot-on, the dried buds look similar but more compact and slightly smaller calyxes. I remember Ganja Baba agreed the Cheese x Yumboldt was pretty close to the Cheese for smell/taste. The Yumboldt is known for being a stinky Afghan type indica, so it ould suggest that crossing the Cheese to a stinky indica would indeed be a good route to a stinky Cheese-like hybrid.

bman is on fire at the mo

The selections of buds bman shared with me were all really top-notch, the guy really is a damn fine grower and a great bloke too, so to hear he's cooking is good news indeed, I eagerly await the results, sure to be gourmet fare!

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Bman at one time was supposed to develp a seedline like "Full melt seeds". That would produce plants for great hash making. Looks like it never got off the ground but there is a market for it IMO. If any of you guys want to try to corner the market for making seeds, making crosses or improving hybrids that would make great hash making would be nice niche.

G

Trainwreck, finest hash strain I've come across, the TW QWISO I made was absolutely killer, and the TW ice hash I made was probably the best I've made. Bman is welcome to any of my genes so if he wants to carry on that project, I suggest including the TW as a good start. I'd absoluely love to get hold of that 'White' cut that Krome has, that looks like an amazing hash strain with all that resin, cross it to the TW to make a seedline.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ Yup, believe that! The White IS the hashplant of the OG family, as far as I can tell. Joeshmoe gave me a little take-home sample of The White from the Nugs and Jugs event. Good shit, PURE RESIN. Joints even taste like hash.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
yeah i've heard The White, TW, Rene, and Power plant are good hash strains. Problem with Rene is it's clone only and I THOUGHT he was deffinantly going to work on that one. I'm pretty sure Bman probably has too much on his plate to fool with it and that's why it never left "plan form" from 2 years ago. You'll also notice mostly sativa strains make great hash....Ie. Trainwreck and Power plant

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Trainwreck, finest hash strain I've come across.

We agree :yes: :D

Cheese x TW (aka Kachina,, aka eekamouse) made some nice kif and really orange bubblehash :canabis:

Cheese (UK clone) makes some of the best bubblehash we ever mixed by hand ,, full melt,, clear domes

...melts in the hand :canabis:

[hash art by D1]

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
cross it to the TW to make a seedline.

The TW used to make Kachina made it produce hermaphrodic flowers under too much heat stress.

TW x Cheese was also very difficult to clone in numbers with only 30% survival rate in a room that usually clones to 90% +

There are several "versions" of TW available,, perhaps one performs better than others.

peace all :canabis:

G

Oh big surprise, yet again docleaf disagrees with me. TW is a thin-stemmed plant so cloens need to be taken from branches that are mature and have become 'woody' to get good success rates, this is typical of many sativas with thin, weak stems.

The original Arcata TW cut does produce nanners, it is at the end of flowering, they are usually sterile. The TW seedline I made has some individuals that produce late flower nanners, but they are inly about 1in 5 of the plants, and not many nanners at all, and they are sterile in my experience, so no biggie. It would not be difficult to eliminate that trait from that line, but I preferred to preserve all of the variation as all the phenos were excellent, pretty much equal in resin and potency, main variation was in taste/smell, lemon pheno, pine pheno, catpiss pheno, oranges & limes pheno, they are all there and all superb, so I preferred to keep the variation and let others do selections from the full gene profile to suit their own tastes.

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

I mean, who would discard this beauty just because she had maybe 10 nanners? Resin was outrageous and the smoke is as good a sativa buzz as you will find without waiting 14+ weeks. I would take TW over Cheese any day, far more heady and complex then Cheese and certainly less boring in the long term. I don't think the TW needs to be worked at all, the only two bad points (I don't consider the nanners of the Arcata pheno to be a bad point, really) are the weak, floppy stems and the 3x stretch, but both of these can be worked around. The other thing is the yield, TW doesn't produce big colas, rather lots of smaller buds (caked in resin however!) all over a lanky plant, to get a big yield from it, you need to prune and train into a bush with many branches and this means extended veg time so it's never gonna be a great producer, but if you want a producer, you simply shouldn't be growing TW, it's a classic example of superlative quality but not great quantity, perfect for personal headstash.

TW QWISO, sativa hash doesn't come much better than this imho, I'll never forget the wek it took me to smoke the 5g of WQISO I had, it was so strong and buzzy that I had 3 days without sleep in the middle of the week, wired like I was on hard drugs, I still consider TW QWISO to be totally unsuitable to anyone who isn't a hardened smoker as I saw several people freak out after smoking some, so I consider it a hash strain par excellence. To this day, the only puck of kif I've made that oozed oil after pressing was the batch made from TW trim, and it was possibly the best sativa kif I've made, although the Zamalhaze stuff a couple of years ago was a trip straight to cartoonland and aways will give me fond memories.

TW Kif oozing oil:

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

P1010052.jpg

The TW QWISO joint that made a friend of mine think I'd spiked him with class As!

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

The Jelly hash I made by mixing TW QWISO and SD IBL Kif:

DSCF0008.jpg

B

BeAn

GanjaPasha, great pics...the hash/jelly looks beautifull, big respect.:D

:)listen2:...i dont think D.leaf is directly conflicting your statements, just posting his experiance with a TW hybrid...but like the man says, there are many versions and lines of TW, so maybe the one you got wont produce such a hermafroditic line..:chin:..either that or he's just out to get you, watching your posts and waiting to strike like an adder with a keyboard...:joint:)

Rgd

Veteran
What is QWISO if you please?

I have the skinny tw with floppy branches, yeh lots of resin on it and
nanners in late flower, but very good pot and such a unique fuel taste.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Ganja in the pic that you have the hash disk broken in half, it almost looks like fiberglass strands sticking out. What is that LOL?