What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why does everyone hate McDonalds?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

btw, here's the list of ingredients of the McRib sandwich,
and oddly enough it's the bun that's gonna kill you.......

The “Meat”

*Taken from the McDonald’s website

MCRIB PORK PATTY

Ingredients: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid).

The McRib Sauce

MCRIB SAUCE

Ingredients: Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Natural Smoke Flavor (Plant Source), Modified Food Starch, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Soybean Oil, Xanthan Gum, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Pepper, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Caramel Color, Beet Powder.

The McRib Bun

MCRIB BUN

Allergens: WHEAT AND SOY

Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Yeast, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Contains 2% Or Less: Salt, Corn Meal, Wheat Gluten, Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oils, Dextrose, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate, Soy Flour, Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono- and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Mono- and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative), Soy Lecithin.

That’s almost 40 ingredients for the bun alone. Interesting that high-fructose corn syrup is the fourth ingredient considering it is known to cause pancreatic cancer. (3) If the hydrogenated oils alone don’t ring your alarm, then perhaps the ammonium and calcium sulfate will, seeing how their common usage is as a soil fertilizer. That’s nothing to worry about however, considering the FDA approved it as a safe food additive. Azodicarbonamide takes the cake for unnecessary ingredients, acting as a ‘dough conditioner’. Azodicarbonamide is used in the manufacture of foamed-plastics in the US and is banned in Europe and Australia. (4) The use of this chemical in Singapore actually results in jail time.

last time I checked a bun was made up from flour, egg, water, yeast; and really, you don't necessarily need egg in it (spoils faster).

LEF

Veteran
Thats not what they say here

http://www.cnet.com/news/former-mythbuster-goes-on-mcdonalds-french-fry-fact-finding-hunt/

Me personally, i like but dont eat too much of it

I feel bad about eating it

If i am in a hurry somewhere, not a lot of time to eat and no lunch
Ill grab some chinese or whatever

If im on a roadtrip or if i have been drinking with friends (rare) mcd is fills ya up good
And they put antivomitting agent in ther so it works wewll with drunks

A big mac tastes good
Sure i remember not feeling too good after eating but oh well

Its like a treat, once or twice a year

Go to harveys usually before mcds

I hear they sweeten their buns also

That thing about the rib sandwich bun is scary

Did you use to eat mcds S4L ?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

still do eat it LEF, not much but I like to order a McDouble (cheap sammich) with no ketchup or mustard, (that leaves onion & pickle on it), then I have them add shredded lettuce & Big Mac sauce. It makes a big mac sammich w/o the extra piece of bread in the middle and about $2 cheaper.

had one of those on Monday :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Good move... If you ask for them to customise the burger, you always get a fresh one too :)
They all sweeten their buns, not only does it preserve them but also covers the flavour of the salt

BigJohnny

still do eat it LEF, not much but I like to order a McDouble (cheap sammich) with no ketchup or mustard, (that leaves onion & pickle on it), then I have them add shredded lettuce & Big Mac sauce. It makes a big mac sammich w/o the extra piece of bread in the middle and about $2 cheaper.

Just ask for a McDouble dressed like a mac.... they're friggin awesome.

I try not to eat fast food too much but when I'm at work I often end up eating fast food more than I really should.

N

noyd666

picture.php
even started home deliveries down down under, 19 ingredients in there recipe for frys= chips , mmm yum.

JointOperation

don't get me wroing. if mcdonalds is the only thing around.. and im starving and nothing else is going to be as quick.. ill do almost what u do.. I do mcdouble with lettuce and big mac sauce.. 2 of them . and 2 hot fudge sundaes lol .

but. I cant eat fast food often.. as it fucks my stomach up harddddddddddddd

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
If I eat a quarter-pounder with cheese, 15 minutes later it feels like I have a big, round, river stone in my stomach...

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
When slumming, I prefer Burger King to McDonalds.

That said, I have a weakness for McDonalds Filet of Fish. That's the only thing they make that I like. But when I get a craving for a Filet of Fish, no one but McDonalds will do. Burger Kings' fish sandwich is nasty.

It could just be perspective, but McDonalds did seem much better when I was a kid in the 60s.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I still eat a Big Mac if no one is around to see me. I go to Capt. D's if I want a fish sandwich, 5 Guys for french fries, and Pal's Sudden Service for sweet tea. actually, that's a lot of driving just to eat, LOL! :tiphat:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
The ultimate hamburger & fries back in the 60's/70's/80's was the Big Boy.

Nothing else was even close...(well...Steak & Shake is good, but slow as fuck)

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 16

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Ahh.. The Famous Bob's Big Boy ... And Fries

Ahh.. The Famous Bob's Big Boy ... And Fries

With a Sundae with a Cherry on top.

Actually only a Half a Cherry, which they got sued for.

skwirl

Im not lovin it. all I had to see is the way the cows are treated that make up their beef. Like the hormones they feed them and any other health crime they commit.. Excuse me while I mini rant....

It's such a massive greedy corporation producing the lowest grade of "food" possible on the planet. All those fast 'food' chains are breaking down America with salt, sugar. preservatives and trans fats

In younger days I didn't know better and sure I ate a few 'MACS. It's hangover food. A friend once ate 8 BIG MACS after a 3 day party bingin' on whatever..He didn't poop for over a week haha.

I'd say a couple Mac's spaced out by months aint no big thing..But a steady diet is obviously an early death wish.

I guess our town got hip because after 20 plus years the McD's downtown shut their doors. When does that happen?

The only one worse is probably Jack in the Box who are owned by a pet food conglomerate. Does anyone else have a problem with Jack n Box's tacos haha. Talk about slime

skwirl

If I cave to fast food it's gonna be IN & OUT Burger...Double Double w/cheese Animal Style... and a strawberry shake. No fries

Latest posts

Latest posts