What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Cadfael

Or a few things:

This year, after the last one where there was not enough product for Lockdown, everyone grew more.

Folks in the Triangle grew more, due to fire concerns taking out farms.

Costs of scale by larger Companies dropping Cost of Goods
The thought of "Being the firstest with the mostest." making competition flood the market to get money first.

(Cali), the misguided thought of shutting down all the "Gray market" dispensaries will help the White market. Instead it dropped the floor out of the white market.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are plenty of black market mega operations that sell their packs cheaper and still profit.. All smaller operations cant do that. Thinking all growers can offer the same price point is where people are getting confused. Stop buying from these mega black market dumbasses. The black market is king but I know high volume kills the market. These BM dumbasses are producing way more than needed. Always remember to keep the demand high.. Prices will stabilize.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was told the other day that quarter zips are going for $75 around here east of the big river. Damn, I kinda wish I sold dope.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Making our own will keep you from looking elsewhere for exclusive cuts. The only cut I got in is White Truffle for a colab(DONE). Finding the right person to work with isn't easy. Greed and ego have corrupted the community. For me to make a project out of any cut the quality has to be there. Im currently evaluating ICC, Still in veg.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
it is not hard to beat the quality. Keeping up with the variety can be challenging. A lot of people want a new hype strain every week.

In the ecig industry... we use to call those folks chasing rainbows! It's the tried and true that contain sustenance, not (some) flash in the pan! :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Top ins still sitting around 2-2500, lots of mediocre ins hitting low ass numbers. Ive seen really nice ins at 15-1600 and outs at 5-800. Og is back to being more in demand than cookie and other dessert stuff. Cakes becoming less “in” right now.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, no one is buying packs here in CA at that price. Many people in OK relocated from Ca. MSM is the worst place to get pricing. I will always be 2x more than any real numbers.

Hahah who the hell are their sources ?! Thats a complete joke. Oklohoma growers are begging anybody and everybody to take their boof on the front and bring back whatever they can. Oklohoma is flooding the state with complete garbage and happy to get ANYTHING back from it. I suggest people stop supporting oklohoma boof and maybe the market will bounce back when those guys realize they have no idea what theyre doing and find new "jobs" after they cant make their initial investment back. Say NO to OK grown lol

asilsweater

California growers living in Oklahoma growing flower on the same level as California. They’re teaching the trade to Oklahoma folks

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s a fantastic deal with the Oklahoma growers they can start up for a fraction of the cost of anyone else in the country grows much weed as possible and then ship it out on the black market it’s a win-win for them

Ralph W. Llama

Are we finally getting to where cannabis can be grown like a general agricultural product with lower costs, not at a ridiculously inflated price due to legalities? I say this with the black market still in play, but even there, the risks are much less than used to be for most folks. The opportunity costs shouldn't be where they were when a joint could mean jail time.