What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious if anyone is seeing improvement in the market or if its still dog shit? Its sink or swim right now until the noobs from this past year hang their hats.

Crazy Chester

Getting500 to 600 for outs and moving very slowly. 15 to 17 for INS and moving nicely . saw glues really hit rock bottom. Too many people running it. Saw top glues go for 11 today and the same guy bought some junk looking apple fritter for 19 . both were loaded with pgrs which is what people want today

Just curious - any difference in the prices of greenhouse grown, or do buyers treat that like outdoor?

hillside

southern oregon here , might as well be cali as alot of people up here blowing up weed under hemp licenses from down there . outdoor looking like 300-500 . deps 400-700 obv wide range of quality here . indoor mostly in low 1k range unless certain strains

deps are usually slightly higher depending on style ,ie something coming out of a hoophouse with no ventilation air flow isnt gonna be much different than typical outdoor to climate control greenhouses with ventilation , wet walls etc are going to be considered usually passable deps if grower knows what hes doing .
big problem with pricing on deps and outs this year seems to be overall lack of demand more than surplus . northeast , new york to new england have gotten alot more black market indoor there now since medical and rec has completely moved in and wiped out most of demand for outdoor shutting off a very populated regions demand for outdoor . literally seeing no interest in area in outs/deps there .

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The market is so hectic right now.... everyone is growing Gelato....my buddy brought down 40 from Oregon and sold them to an LA distro for 1850 and a bunch of other strains for 15-16

Ive also seen some solid looking Kush mints x Jealousy from an OC distro for 1400... its like commercial purps....Some people think this market is going to be this way until spring time.... i have a feeling its going to last alot longer ... Covid really help push prices up and now the light dep is just ruining it tons of people.... I wish I would have jumped on getting a license when I could have ... so many pounds on the market all from the backdoor legal ops.... all that being said...the true top shelf is not as abundant as all the MEH on the scene

PanamaRed44

I have a little insight and make of it what you will. Undoubtedly some will think they know everything which is a sure sign of how little they actually know, but what I can say without a doubt is that I have seen a lot and I mean a fucking lot of farms either not harvested or partially harvested this fall. I live in the heart of the triangle and am employed in an industry that takes me all over the place in the rural triangle. I've seen several 10k farms fully grown and unharvested. I've also seen several well established full season black market farms that did not get harvested. People are hurting for money up here and it shows. Prices for full season are around 500 if you can move them and you are lucky if you can move them. By lucky I mean if you are smart and grow desirable herb and do a great job at it you can get 500 maybe a bit more.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have a little insight and make of it what you will. Undoubtedly some will think they know everything which is a sure sign of how little they actually know, but what I can say without a doubt is that I have seen a lot and I mean a fucking lot of farms either not harvested or partially harvested this fall. I live in the heart of the triangle and am employed in an industry that takes me all over the place in the rural triangle. I've seen several 10k farms fully grown and unharvested. I've also seen several well established full season black market farms that did not get harvested. People are hurting for money up here and it shows. Prices for full season are around 500 if you can move them and you are lucky if you can move them. By lucky I mean if you are smart and grow desirable herb and do a great job at it you can get 500 maybe a bit more.

Turn the entire lot into Afghani style hash. Finish product fetch higher prices.

budsicles

Turn the entire lot into Afghani style hash. Finish product fetch higher prices.

You'd have to get $15-20 per g WHOLESALE for it to be worthwhile.
Still going to be tough to move when market is flooded with light-colored candy flavored dabs for similar price but retail.

Ralph W. Llama

Follow the Christmas tree market and do cut-your-own. ;) I agree on the processing, maybe make extracts that can be converted into edibles. Long term storage is pretty easy and there is always a demand.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You'd have to get $15-20 per g WHOLESALE for it to be worthwhile.
Still going to be tough to move when market is flooded with light-colored candy flavored dabs for similar price but retail.

I ran the numbers 28x16x $18= $8K and change. I'm not sure how your computer works, but at present, they're letting it die off = $0 How greedy do you need to be? You sell it wholesale, the grunts do the leg work. @ $10/g that's still $4.5K If it is really dank, then it will fetch more. Little birdie told me, hashish is hard to come by these days in NA, compared to years of old. Lots of folks an the dab... :tiphat:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran the numbers 28x16x $18= $8K and change. I'm not sure how your computer works, but at present, they're letting it die off = $0 How greedy do you need to be? You sell it wholesale, the grunts do the leg work. @ $10/g that's still $4.5K If it is really dank, then it will fetch more. Little birdie told me, hashish is hard to come by these days in NA, compared to years of old. Lots of folks an the dab... :tiphat:

Yeah, sure, those numbers sound good, if it were direct pound to pound. By extracting you are getting a fraction of the amount of product vs just selling the bud. Its not like you can take a lb of herb and make hash and have a lb. you're losing your ass regardless in todays market. You either bust your ass making the hash or pay to do so. If you can take 8 lbs and get one of hash youre getting a decent percentage. If you sold all 8 @ 500 thats 4k, so you made 500 extra dollars if you did all the work yourself processing 8 units…… whoopdeefuckindoo. All the mediocre herb from the dog shit growers is ruining the market for those who have been busting their ass and risking it too for decades. Some people are pretty bitter about it, lol ME. Right now, people are hanging their hats and thats a shame, but over saturation is real and it impacts us all. It will even out, but for now, shits awful.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know anyone that buys bubble hash in Cali. Growing quality flowers is still the best option. I do hope lots of these greedy bastards will get put out of business.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Yeah, sure, those numbers sound good, if it were direct pound to pound. By extracting you are getting a fraction of the amount of product vs just selling the bud. Its not like you can take a lb of herb and make hash and have a lb. you're losing your ass regardless in todays market. You either bust your ass making the hash or pay to do so. If you can take 8 lbs and get one of hash youre getting a decent percentage. If you sold all 8 @ 500 thats 4k, so you made 500 extra dollars if you did all the work yourself processing 8 units…… whoopdeefuckindoo. All the mediocre herb from the dog shit growers is ruining the market for those who have been busting their ass and risking it too for decades. Some people are pretty bitter about it, lol ME. Right now, people are hanging their hats and thats a shame, but over saturation is real and it impacts us all. It will even out, but for now, shits awful.

They are letting it die off one the stock! I understand the concept of supply and demand, and everyone, blames the other guy. Ii's nothing more than a rerun...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When "some" made it all about the money it killed many long time grower's dreams. Corporate cannabis will be the end for most as we know it someday. I put a lot of love into every batch I grow. 99.8% of what I grow is exclusive flavors. It's never been all about the money with my generation. All of us old fuckers work our asses off making, growing, and selecting flav no one else has. Not possible to compete with any mega corporate operation. As long as the legal part keeps fucking them the BM will survive.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
A pound of Shatter/Wax is cheaper than top shelf flower.... nobody down here in Orange County is touching it.... Outdoor extracts are even lower grade quality ... Outdoor market is toast ..

Latest posts

Latest posts