What's new

Wholesale pot prices plummet. Now there starting to get better

sprinkl

Veteran
To me it seems like you guys need a collective, a forum, a magazine... Something written by pro growers and smokers that know what real quality is, to make the buyers understand what quality really is. Kind of guidelines how much everything should be worth, from unflushed early harvested badly cured but good looking indoor upto the elite clone, perfectly grown/cured in or outdoor.
Also 'hyping' or rather giving due credit to some of the other worthy strains around, because your market does sound like an inbred bunch of kushes and other funky sounding names.
I think that could be easily done if some heads are put together, and it would do the scene nothing but good...
You just have to revolt against the blind mass consumption and sheepy stoner habits someway, I can imagine it not being fun if you're one of the few that put out top quality and have to sell it for much less than it's worth.

B

Brain

I hear ya Statis but I and all my friends love the ET. Even on my bad days there is no where else I'd rather be. The Drug culture is culture. It's weird and there are plenty of low lifes but I've also met some of the best people in my life up here. We need the low lifes so the cops can stay busy. The knowledge base is amazing and I learn something new all the time. Prices are low but it's weed capital earth and that's why the buyers come here. It's also fucking beautiful. I spend a lot of time driving in the summers but it beats traffic in the more populated areas anytime. Surround yourself with good people and you'll be good. It's not easy but good people are out there.

Pretty much all the things people are complaining about are why I'm focusing on light dep this year.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Drug Culture is only Drug Culture. World Culture is World Culture. It extends farther than the Edge of Town, or even CA.. It's a BIG world.

ET is beautiful, no argument there. Like nowhere else. And that is what has kept me here. If You've got SOLID People, that's great. Close to Paradise..

If not, the People are equally low-quality as the Land is amazing. I Guess that Ya can't take the Midwest out of the Boy.

Without some Tie to the Folks One is associated with, Expediency, greed, low-education, pride and Peer Pressure is all that motivates people, in This Mileaux. 10 years spent, being a caring individual, Not a Hillbilly, and that is what I see at least Here.

I went Solo forever, and that is not possible anymore.

Yes, traffic is non-existent. That's nice.

The Good People who can look past today, and themselves exclusively are QUITE rare. In This business anyways.

The Knowledge base regarding Cannabis is remarkably shallow.

The Costs of doing business staggering, the tickets low. Nah, not happening anymore. Not going Solo anyways. Been through the Downward Spiral thing a few years ago. Not again. It's Demoralizing.

Perhaps pull a Light dep, or even two, but that's it...

Will look into other options. Perhaps join up with someone up here, from somewhere else.. Or research other places - as if I have not done that already. Maybe go into the City, and see what I can do down there. At least there is Real Culture. Some Money floating around, and Women that I am not afraid to show where I live, like I experience here all the time.

Not gonna hijack this thread anymore. Apologies - Truly. But I wanted to again provide a illustration of what things can be like, in the beloved Nor Cal. The High Holy Days are long gone. As "YES" said before, and many of my earlier posts, I wish I showed up 5 years sooner than I did 10 years ago. Those folks now own properties..

As long as They remain Low-Key, and not too much Megalomania, they're Free and "Untouchable."

And even though the market is low, they are thriving in a Overpriced Real Estate Market, that can be played Immensely wrong, if one is not careful.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what is the going rate at the clubs these days in Ca Oakland. Also what is wholesale to none dispensary's is there a price diferance between the two.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't been to a "club" or "dispensary" in 2 years...lol..I grow everything for me and my friends or patients need. I also have about 3 top growers here on IC I can reach out too and about 7 others that are not......I would NEVER darken the doorway of one of those places, just my choice, but I really hate the vibe of them all.

Gotta love Cali!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was courious if the prices have changed with the co/wa legal stuff comming in. I got my answer

Last edited:
Colorado/ wash won't effect Cali prices. Not in the near future. It's all who you know. I'm getting 3200 for aaa indoor og's and 1800 for good hand trimmed outdoor.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I agree

Was with a friend this last week who is about to retire from outs after years of it. He never did amazing, never did bad though...anyway he thinks this spring is the last wooha then its gonna be over for the market...

i couldnt disagree more..i think this industry will strive for at least another 5-10 years

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
5 maybe (if we are lucky) ...not 10

For example : I just bought a unit of TOP NOTCH DANK indoor fire - $1,600 per lb (NO PM"S PLZ) and then I was offered FIRE OUTS for $1K per unit...now I had to drive a bit for that price but..I can get those all day long....

stasis

Veteran
Desperado Growers selling for dimes on the dollar are the ones that ruin the price structure. There are no controls on this ad-hoc market. So the bargain-basement Growers will always sell out first, around here. Except for an ounce of headies here and there - Coastal Em Tri People are looking to make points on commercial quality..

The Clubs have their own cliques these days. They don't really need outside growers, unless they are startups. Some are still paying well for Fire in the Metro. Up Here, the clubs look for whoever sells their pulled-early crap for the cheapest ticket. And they buy that. Max 24 per Usually.. A Q at a time.. Oh, Bother.

In this Locality, the dispensaries are not worth the bricks they are built from. If they all closed down tomorrow, wouldn't matter a bit.

Since Leonard Moore closed, the quality at the Local Clubs is B- at best. Poisonous BHO and Hash run 5+ times agitation.

Any Strain represented there, in the display case, would be grown 10X better by almost any icmagger.

We need to do better than this, Dispensary owners of ____ County. We are in the Triangle, ffs...

gurnt

You can tell that in Calif it a free fall. look at all the 1000 hp& mh lights that are in the scrap yards can get them all day long on crap list for $ 20.oo

localhero

maybe used bulbs for 20, 90% of the time cl people think their old junk is worth more than what it cost new.

anyways im in the largest pop zone in cali and I keep an eye on craigslist constantly so I can tell you for certain that that isnt true down here.

from what i gather, prices have begun to rise.

gurnt

no just tell them you will give them 20 I bet 75% will call you back and if down in la there $125 per ton at the scrap yards

m4n

Damn I need to make some new friends...drove out to sac cause a friend of a friend had some out for 14, waisted my time! Shit was leafy and had some mold! My main guy 707 movin up I guess...can get me greenhouse AAA lookin like indoor for 16 but I have to buy 5 minimum...

stasis

Veteran
Most Packs do contain some mold.. That's part of the bargain basement thing. People are not thorough with the drying process. Can;t hurry it. And using Dehumidifyers makes for dry tasteless bud.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no problem getting 2.5 per pack all day every day. All I have is OG's Cookies , Brotherhood OG. I was going to raise the price to 3 but did not know how saturated the market is with Top shelf from other areas.

Monkdawg840

at least people can smoke domestically grown buds instead of mexi brickpack for "mids" these days..

lowball brokers are the worst, and its even more pathetic when they get angry at you for ignoring them! its like BITCH, why the hell am i going to drive an hour and front you something for 3, when i have other people who will drive to my spot and cash me out for 32?? they take it all personal "damn bro i thoght you had the plugs".....no buddy i sell to whoever can offer me the best price on my hardwork.

NOW...if your product is GARBAGE, then expect to be lowballed. mediocre unflushed indoors? premature unproperly cured OD? dont expect no market price for that crap!!

The problem is by mediocre indoor flooding markets 10 hours away at 1000 a pound, my organic cut onlys properly grown n flushed and cured will only pull 2500 to 38 tops now where I pulled 4 bills all day before. 250 an ounce is fair IMO, for an enduser price or a end dealer price. I'm not letting middlemen make more than I do. And I can't grow in a 20000 watt room. I can run 500 bucks tops a month bill per house. The end users pay 50-60 an eighth so 150 to 230 an ounce in profit is beyond fair IMO for a low end dealer to make in profit. I spent 3 months, did all the work, took most of the risk and deserve to make a little more than the rest. It's the mediocre weed that is fucking my quality price up. Because no dealer wants to sell weed they can't profit as much from. They just buy little bits from guys like me. I'd drop to 2500 a pound if I was paid cash n sold ten at a time minimum. And if I wasn't breaking the law, 24-7. but in reality mediocre growers front, and seem to all have unlimited med cards. Its impossible to compete against unless I want to risk my hide for chump change. That's why I'm doing seeds, small amounts, and working a real job. it's just upsetting that growing mediocre weed in large quantities is the way to go it seems. I try to be the best and it seems to be the hard road. :tumbleweed: lol

With everything getting more expensive due to inflation the price of pot will raise as well. How much? not sure but when Gas cost more, electricity cost more and when $5 bill is only woth $1 now, it seems prices must go up. But I have said this a million times. ITS ALL ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW. So what, you grow the best weed in the world, that doesnt matter if you dont have people to buy it.

stasis

Veteran
The problem is by mediocre indoor flooding markets 10 hours away at 1000 a pound, my organic cut onlys properly grown n flushed and cured will only pull 2500 to 38 tops now where I pulled 4 bills all day before. 250 an ounce is fair IMO, for an enduser price or a end dealer price. I'm not letting middlemen make more than I do. And I can't grow in a 20000 watt room. I can run 500 bucks tops a month bill per house.

With Ya Brother. I am actively marketing my skills elsewhere. We will see where it leads. So far one really nice offer from acquaintances in another MMj State. Feeling pretty good right now. A proposition with people I implicitly trust who respect my knowledge accordingly.
Now, THAT's a market value. There is no conventional Work around here, so it's either own family land, or not - and grow or perish.

I especially like the fact that many growers in homes that they own - utilize the CARE system by PG & E which discounts power up to 30%. They brag about low bills, but are getting a Federal gov't subsidy. Making the whole thing illegal.

There were several busts based on a list of CARE customers a few years ago in this viscinity. I knew this was a possibility. Didn't sign up for the Program. Cost me a lot extra to NOT do it.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Yeah lots of growers are on that program. i was years ago when teaching myself to grow and not earning a thing. As soon as possible removed myself. Seems Karmically Dangerous to accept welfare and use it to profit. imo

Latest posts

Latest posts