What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who really wears the pants in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snype

Veteran
facepalm, dude..lol..you make me feel like im in highschool reading this stuff

You make me feel like I'm in high school too with you making all your avatars

haha, it's punishment..6 more days...anyways. here's an avatar, gotta edit it tho
attachment.php

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Marquise Black....that all seems very ignorant. Do you look down on women? Do you think as a man you are superior to me?

What's ignorant? (No, seriously, outside of my general stance, what have I said that is ignorant? This is not a rhetorical question.) Men and women have very unique body/brain chemistry when compared to one another, hence the roles they fill in a family.

Of course I don't think I am superior to you, I don't think I can be as loving to a newborn child as you can be. However, I'm more capable of disciplining the child as they grow up, in a reasonable manner, without letting my emotions get in the way of what is best for the child.

Do you appreciate a male's role in a relationship? Or do you blame men for every societal wrong up until this point?

I love women, and have always been a ho's before bro's sort of dude. I cannot connect with men on a mental level the same way I can with women. Friendships between males are driven by rivalry.

I think a successful relationship is one based on friendship which, inherently, has a system of accountability that is conducive to equality and respect. I think the high failure rate of marriages is a symptom of our culture as we have placed an increasing emphasis on beauty and money while neglecting the importance of compatibility and love.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I respect my wife, so I consult with her on large purchases, as she does me.

She respects me for my heart, my mind, and my abilities, not because 'ME MAN ME BOSS'

Quit telling yourself you respect your woman when you obviously think she's beneath you. If you didn't think that, you wouldn't be making excuses to explain why you need to be in charge.

There is no true partnership without equality.

Someone is either equal, or not. 'Separate but equal' has been used before, and it was bullshit then too.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I respect my wife, so I consult with her on large purchases, as she does me.

She respects me for my heart, my mind, and my abilities, not because 'ME MAN ME BOSS'

Quit telling yourself you respect your woman when you obviously think she's beneath you. If you didn't think that, you wouldn't be making excuses to explain why you need to be in charge.

There is no true partnership without equality.

Someone is either equal, or not. 'Separate but equal' has been used before, and it was bullshit then too.

:yeahthats

NiteTiger

Veteran
I don't think I can be as loving to a newborn child as you can be. However, I'm more capable of disciplining the child as they grow up, in a reasonable manner, without letting my emotions get in the way of what is best for the child.

Stop talking now.

It was a fun debate right up until that statement. Now it's ridiculous.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran

Is this directed at me? I'll assume it is because I was the one asked if I return my girlfriend's respect.

So here it goes: Who do you think you are to tell me what I think about my girlfriend? I'm not going to make accusations about you and your relationships, so how about you nose-the-fuck-out-of-it, then?

I respect my girlfriend enough to calmly explain to her when she is being irrational. She gave me a big heaping thanks after we cleared the first few weeks of birth-control hysteria, too.

Relationships work best as a team, yes, but just like any "Team" in the military, someone has to have the ultimate say.

EDIT: Nitetiger, I will not stop talking simply because of some taboo. How about you address what I'm saying, rather than trying to convince me to stop saying it?

NiteTiger

Veteran
Actually, the one I quoted you in is the one that was directed at you. The one you quoted was to whomever it might apply.

The fact that you felt it was directed at you, well...

rootfingers

Dude, you brought your shit here and laid it out for us to smell. Why you now act like we shouldn't be allowed to call it stanky. Free speech and all that.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
If I didn't respect my girlfriend, I would feel no social obligation to say I respected her, do you understand that? I'm obviously not conforming to the status quo on this one, so why would I care what you think? I just think it's ridiculous that you can't use reason on this one, so you felt the need to attack me and my (rather fucking happy) relationship.

Edit: Nitetiger, now I see that you were probably addressing Get Mo, my bad.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
What's ignorant? (No, seriously, outside of my general stance, what have I said that is ignorant? This is not a rhetorical question.) Men and women have very unique body/brain chemistry when compared to one another, hence the roles they fill in a family.

Of course I don't think I am superior to you, I don't think I can be as loving to a newborn child as you can be. However, I'm more capable of disciplining the child as they grow up, in a reasonable manner, without letting my emotions get in the way of what is best for the child.

Do you appreciate a male's role in a relationship? Or do you blame men for every societal wrong up until this point?

I love women, and have always been a ho's before bro's sort of dude. I cannot connect with men on a mental level the same way I can with women. Friendships between males are driven by rivalry.

No, I love men.....and that clarification made more sense. Initially it sounded like women were a step below men.

I don't think either man or woman is any more capable of raising children or disciplining them, but to each her own.

As far as a man having ultimate say.....I'd rather keep my spine and my dignity. Maybe if I were on prozac or some strong barbituate....maybe would I be okay with a totalitarian relationship.

This thread is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts