What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who really wears the pants in your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Yeah you are right but you're forgetting that they also recommend that they also have separate accounts as well as a joint "household" account. Remember around 50% marriages end in divorce so it's basically a coin flip.

Yeah, but when a significant number of that 50% is due to finiancial issues, it's not so much about the flip of the coin as it is about the coin itself :)

Look at it this way:

Why would you need a separate account? Don't trust her with your money? She doesn't trust you with hers? It's usually an underlying trust issue in the relationship that causes the 'protect what's mine' instinct.

If you trust her implicitly and without reservation (which you should if you've committed the rest of your life to her), then what's the issue?

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I think it's important for one person in the relationship to have veto power. Role-equality has degraded the American Family, in my opinion.

So you feel that both people shouldn't have veto power? Why is equality degrading?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the kids rule the roost, all of their needs are met daily,
in turn they don't tell me where and how to spend my money.......

27323HPIM1801.JPG

27323HPIM1622.JPG

Snype

Veteran
Yeah, but when a significant number of that 50% is due to finiancial issues, it's not so much about the flip of the coin as it is about the coin itself :)

?

That's what they say but it simply isn't true. People have a way of convincing themselves of reasons to leave a marriage and believing it. I do not believe most of them end due to financial issues. Too many men lost their manhood and forgot where their pants were and women stole their pants and put them on. That's why people get divorced now.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
So you feel that both people shouldn't have veto power? Why is equality degrading?

I think the man should ultimately have veto power. People will hate me for it, but I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I wear the pants in my relationship, and I have my girlfriend's absolute respect as a result.

I did not say equality is degrading, please. Both parents trying to share an equal "parental role" usually manifests itself in the parents competing against one another. The child gets two halves of a parent rather than two whole parents.

I'm not saying that if women would just submit to their men that the world would be a better place. However, the inability of most men to gain/maintain the respect of their female counterparts is a large part of the divorce phenomenon. The two genders are necessary for any sort of balance to be reached, but they must fulfill their roles to achieve that balance.

Snype

Veteran
I think the man should ultimately have veto power. People will hate me for it, but I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone. I wear the pants in my relationship, and I have my girlfriend's absolute respect as a result.

I did not say equality is degrading, please. Both parents trying to share an equal "parental role" usually manifests itself in the parents competing against one another. The child gets two halves of a parent rather than two whole parents.

I'm not saying that if women would just submit to their men that the world would be a better place. However, the inability of most men to gain/maintain the respect of their female counterparts is a large part of the divorce phenomenon.

:yeahthats

severian

I'm not saying that if women would just submit to their men that the world would be a better place. However, the inability of most men to gain/maintain the respect of their female counterparts is a large part of the divorce phenomenon.

I think there is some truth to this. But a better way to put it would be leadership. There needs to be a leader, but leadership is gained by being responsible and making good decisions. Good decisions are usually made after close consultations.

And a good leader also knows when to give in because no person is always correct.

rootfingers

So you have your girl's respect but does she have yours? That, along with countless other things, may also lead to divorce.

Side note, today at the grocery store I scanned the free magazine rack and saw a divorce magazine. Headline: How To Have A Successful Divorce. Sorta thought it was strange and a sign of the times.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
She has mine. But at the same time, she's hormonal. Even she will admit that. So while I do respect her, I do not worship her as some infallible entity, superior to man in everyway. Some people think that is respect, unfortunately. The sexes are not equal, but rather complimentary.

I think there is some truth to this. But a better way to put it would be leadership. There needs to be a leader, but leadership is gained by being responsible and making good decisions. Good decisions are usually made after close consultations.

And a good leader also knows when to give in because no person is always correct.

Exactly. Leadership. And an effective leader must always earn the respect of his subordinates by right action, the ability to admit wrong, and a track record of listening to constructive criticism. (This is where the female comes in, to prevent the male from sprouting another Y chromosome, lol. Figuratively speaking.)

one Q

Quality
Veteran
me. but I dont want to. I want her to be able to handle all the responsibilites without any help. You never know what can happen. She's well on her way tho. This may make us sound young but we're not. She just sucks at handling money

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I was just reading another thread where some guy had to consult with his wife to see what seeds or how much money he can spend. What is going on with the role reversals these days? Guys are just getting too soft with these ladies now a days.

Lol... Fucking sad.

The way I see we're partners, I take care of my stuff and she takes care of hers. I take care of the big stuff like mortgage, car etc.. We got separate accounts and only one shared account.

This may sound cold but she can buy her own starbucks, and other BS. I'm not funding it.

I admit there is a serious difference in our paychecks, I make almost 5 times her wage. So just to keep her from going on a spree with a shared account, we keep our own accounts.

We never argue over money.. I think its important to do this to ensure marital bliss.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Wow we need some more of these women bashing threads!! whooo hooo!!!! :dance013:

I know....this one didn't start out that way, but yep another stupid bashing thread so some of the guys here can still know they have testicles.

Marquise Black....that all seems very ignorant. Do you look down on women? Do you think as a man you are superior to me?

That's what they say but it simply isn't true. People have a way of convincing themselves of reasons to leave a marriage and believing it. I do not believe most of them end due to financial issues. Too many men lost their manhood and forgot where their pants were and women stole their pants and put them on. That's why people get divorced now.
facepalm, dude..lol..you make me feel like im in highschool reading this stuff

whiterabbit9

Veteran
great thread

I think what marquis is bringing, has some truth in it

personally, i'd like to have equality in a relationship

I like strong women tho, women who have a mind of their own and can hold their own

cavemanlove.jpg

As far back as history takes us women have always been told what they should do, how they should act, how they should dress etc,... Nowadays they can be who they want, act how they want, and say what they want without being judged or forced into a feminine role. Unfortunately, men do not have this freedom. Society has condensed the Man into a tiny cage of limited expressions.Society looks down on men who are feminine but at the same time they look down on men who are macho. There are very few men who can balance out both.
^
this isn't written in stone but I find some truth in it

I haven't read the thread yet but, i'm not sure every guy (who is) would be proud of being a slave to his wife

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.