What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary White Rhino & Friends. Fall 2021 Grow.

PCBuds

Restraining myself from pestering the seeds I planted only yesterday... :ROFLMAO:

You should start your seeds off in a shot glass, then you can watch them sprout.
It's kinda fun to watch.
The tap root always comes out opposite the dimple on the end of the seed.

Screenshot_20220917-153028_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220917-153038_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That way you can plant just the seeds that sprout.

aliceklar

Yeah something that can handle heat and drought from June through August and then heavy rains and even frost both before and after would be nice. Maybe that's asking too much. :D Maybe not.
Gotta have a goal! And given the way the climate is going, tolerance to some extreme conditions seems a sensible precaution. I'm not counting on there being LEDs and mains electricity in a decades time...

aliceklar

You should start your seeds off in a shot glass, then you can watch them sprout.
It's kinda fun to watch.
The tap root always comes out opposite the dimple on the end of the seed.

View attachment 18757875 View attachment 18757876

That way you can plant just the seeds that sprout.
Yeah, thats exactly the technique I would use if I've got limited numbers of seeds and every one counts. But I worry that I'll be inadvertently selecting for seeds that *need* that kind of pampering - and as this is a breeding project & I have hundreds of seeds, I want to weed out any seedlines that cant germinate without a helping hand. Planting lots direct to the medium without any special treatment and seeing which can stand on their own feet is a lazy way of selecting.

aliceklar

I've started off a new grow diary for the next grow:

Come watch the fun :D